Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Geno Smith is for real, Ill eat my crow

(09-23-2014, 09:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Im see him as a David Garrard level qb

How dare you sully the noble name of Garrard like that

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2017, 05:43 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-28-2017, 05:36 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-23-2014, 09:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Im see him as a David Garrard level qb

How dare you sully the noble name of Garrard like that

For the first few weeks in 2014 he did, that didnt last long at all though.  Id bet anything though you were one of the guys that wanted us to draft him with our 2nd pick.  you probably still think he is a top 20 QB

(11-28-2017, 05:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 05:36 PM)JackCity Wrote: How dare you sully the noble name of Garrard like that

For the first few weeks in 2014 he did, that didnt last long at all though.  Id bet anything though you were one of the guys that wanted us to draft him with our 2nd pick.  you probably still think he is a top 20 QB

Oooh that rustled some feathers. Nah never was a fan of Geno.

Somewhere, solid snake is curled up in the fetal position in his Geno PJs, shouting, "WHY NO GENO?!!!! WHY NO GENO????!!"
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

At first glance I thought this thread was titled "Gene Smith is for real..."

And I was like "No he didn't! Not twice!"
haha
same thread... carry on.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2017, 03:03 PM by imtheblkranger.)

I just quickly glanced at this thread and saw it as

"Gene Smith is for real"

The reaction was the same.

(12-06-2017, 01:11 PM)Kane Wrote: At first glance I thought this thread was titled "Gene Smith is for real..."

And I was like "No he didn't! Not twice!"
haha
same thread... carry on.

Hahahahahahaha. 

Didn't even see your reply
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-28-2014, 04:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This should be the crow eating thread for all the people that wanted us to draft him.  I still think Manziel will be one of if not the best qb out of this class along with Bortles.  If not I'll eat crow for wanting Manziel

My how times do change!
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(11-28-2017, 05:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 05:36 PM)JackCity Wrote: How dare you sully the noble name of Garrard like that

He's a top-20 AFL QB.

There are only 8 QBs in the entire AFL lol

(12-06-2017, 05:15 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote:
(10-28-2014, 04:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This should be the crow eating thread for all the people that wanted us to draft him.  I still think Manziel will be one of if not the best qb out of this class along with Bortles.  If not I'll eat crow for wanting Manziel

My how times do change!

Manziel had the talent like Blackmon, just couldnt keep his nose clean

(12-06-2017, 06:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 05:15 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: My how times do change!

Wrong.

Blackmon was already on his way to being a top 10 WR in this league, nearly from the very short start of his NFL career. He was great and let his habits get in the way.

Manziel never had the skillset to be successful in the NFL coming out of college and it was even more painfully obvious when he actually got on the field in the league.

(12-06-2017, 06:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 05:15 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: My how times do change!

Nah, Manziel never had the talent. He had the perfect system and the perfect supporting cast in college. Combined with his athletic ability, larger-than-life persona and the exposure he got at Texas A&M, he was overdrafted by about four rounds. If he ever did really have the talent needed to be an NFL QB, it was lost in all the partying, booze and blow.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2017, 11:13 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-06-2017, 09:48 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 06:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Manziel had the talent like Blackmon, just couldnt keep his nose clean

Wrong.

Blackmon was already on his way to being a top 10 WR in this league, nearly from the very short start of his NFL career. He was great and let his habits get in the way.

Manziel never had the skillset to be successful in the NFL coming out of college and it was even more painfully obvious when he actually got on the field in the league.

Same with JF.  Manziel did have the skillset if he kept his nose clean.  Just couldnt stay clean

(12-06-2017, 11:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 09:48 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Wrong.

Same with JF.  Manziel did have the skillset if he kept his nose clean.  Just couldnt stay clean

No.. Just no man. Blackmon was succeeding in his short time in the NFL. Manziel never even showed a single flash in the NFL.

Manziel never had anywhere close to the skill set for the NFL game. Far and away his best skill set was his legs and a 5'10, 200 pound QB with very little football knowledge, minimal arm talent and no pocket presence would ever make it in the NFL. Add onto the fact that he likely never watched film, or study a playbook in his entire life. It was easy to see him being a huge flop in the NFL.

And that's not even bringing up his off field issues.

(12-06-2017, 11:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 11:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Same with JF.  Manziel did have the skillset if he kept his nose clean.  Just couldnt stay clean

No.. Just no man. Blackmon was succeeding in his short time in the NFL. Manziel never even showed a single flash in the NFL.

Manziel never had anywhere close to the skill set for the NFL game. Far and away his best skill set was his legs and a 5'10, 200 pound QB with very little football knowledge, minimal arm talent and no pocket presence would ever make it in the NFL. Add onto the fact that he likely never watched film, or study a playbook in his entire life. It was easy to see him being a huge flop in the NFL.

Minimal arm talent?  I dont think you ever watched him play.  Manziel had a big arm and if he stayed clean he had the potential to be great but we will now never know.  Manziel also showed the flashes but he dint play in many games at all before his career was already over.  You have no clue

(12-06-2017, 11:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 11:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Same with JF.  Manziel did have the skillset if he kept his nose clean.  Just couldnt stay clean

Hey now, Manziel is still the last Browns QB to win on a Sunday!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-06-2017, 11:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 11:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote:  No.. Just no man. Blackmon was succeeding in his short time in the NFL. Manziel never even showed a single flash in the NFL.

Minimal arm talent?  I dont think you ever watched him play.  Manziel had a big arm and if he stayed clean he had the potential to be great but we will now never know.  Manziel also showed the flashes but he dint play in many games at all before his career was already over.  You have no clue

Throwing the ball far doesn't have much to do with arm talent. JaMarcus Russell had one of the biggest arms to ever grace the NFL, that got him real far didn't it?...

He didn't play many games because he was terrible. Yet I have no clue LOL. You just seem upset because he was likely somebody you were hyping up and wanted in the top 5 during that draft year.

All you had to do was watch how LSU played vs him for those 2 years and you could easily tell he'd be terrible in the NFL. They played him just like NFL teams would/did play him. Keep him in the pocket and let him beat himself by throwing it. Don't let him make plays by running around and you're gold.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2017, 11:57 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-06-2017, 11:45 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 11:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Minimal arm talent?  I dont think you ever watched him play.  Manziel had a big arm and if he stayed clean he had the potential to be great but we will now never know.  Manziel also showed the flashes but he dint play in many games at all before his career was already over.  You have no clue

Throwing the ball far doesn't have much to do with arm talent. JaMarcus Russell had one of the biggest arms to ever grace the NFL, that got him real far didn't it?...

He didn't play many games because he was terrible. Yet I have no clue LOL. You just seem upset because he was likely somebody you were hyping up and wanted in the top 5 during that draft year.

All you had to do was watch how LSU played vs him for those 2 years and you could easily tell he'd be terrible in the NFL. They played him just like NFL teams would/did play him. Keep him in the pocket and let him beat himself by throwing it. Don't let him make plays by running around and you're gold.

Who ever mentioned anything about how far Manziel can throw a ball?

(12-06-2017, 11:34 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 11:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote:  No.. Just no man. Blackmon was succeeding in his short time in the NFL. Manziel never even showed a single flash in the NFL.

Hey now, Manziel is still the last Browns QB to win on a Sunday!

Yes he was lol, the Browns would of had a squad if Manziel and Gordon could of stayed out of trouble

(12-06-2017, 11:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 11:45 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Throwing the ball far doesn't have much to do with arm talent. JaMarcus Russell had one of the biggest arms to ever grace the NFL, that got him real far didn't it?...

Who ever mentioned anything about how far Manziel can throw a ball?

(12-06-2017, 11:34 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Hey now, Manziel is still the last Browns QB to win on a Sunday!

Yes he was lol, the Browns would of had a squad if Manziel and Gordon could of stayed out of trouble

You clearly said Manziel had a "big arm"... Does that not imply that you believe he had a strong arm.. AKA able to throw the ball far? If not, please enlighten me because it sure doesn't mean accuracy, or touch on passes.

(12-07-2017, 12:05 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 11:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who ever mentioned anything about how far Manziel can throw a ball?

You clearly said Manziel had a "big arm"... Does that not imply that you believe he had a strong arm.. AKA able to throw the ball far? If not, please enlighten me because it sure doesn't mean accuracy, or touch on passes.

No, big arm isn't all about how far you can throw the ball.  Its about fitting the ball in tight windows, big arm being able to make every throw if need be.  You need the arm strength to put enough zip on the ball in certain situations not just throw the ball far.  Stick around and you will learn a thing or two.

Manziel was madly overrated. He didn't have the traits to become a good starting QB and didn't have the work ethic to even be a backup type. He had good elusiveness, good enough arm and was a gamer. Didn't play well in structure, slow mental process, couldn't look off defenders, bad accuracy. Leaned on Mike Evans too much.

Blackmon on the other hand was an elite talent with all the traits to be very good. Just had all the off the field stuff which overshadowed him.