Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stupid. Stupid Stupid Decision

Well this is pretty crappy news. Now where am I going to debate all things Jaguars? Lord knows I'm not going to BCC.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Can always move to reddit or just start a jaguars discord server

Well it was good talking to you guys. All the best and go jags from Trinidad

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2017, 11:38 PM by Etdavis2006.)

I have been here for about 10 years (2 lurking and 8 as a member). I have personally gone through college, a bad break up, a serious life rough patch, various careers and became married in that time span. The one constant in my life has been this board. I have checked this place numerous times a day for years. This is heartbreaking to find out. I will really miss you guys.

If there is a new place everyone is going please let me know.

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2017, 11:47 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

RIP Forums. I guess they want less traffic to their site? I know this is all I would come to the Jaguars site for... O zone sucks and quite honestly so does the rest of the material here. So I will hit up reddit and other sites I guess.. 

I just went and unliked the Jaguars facebook page and got rid of them on twitter page which is pretty awful anyways. I don't
have anything else social

media. I still love the Jags but there social media no longer has my support

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2017, 12:07 AM by irontrooper1983.)

Being italian and living in Italy this message board is the place I can come and talk and debate with other Jaguars fans. Despite the bad record of the team it was always fun, be it on draft days, FA signings and the match days. 

I don't use social media (beside twitter and it's not like you can talk or discuss much there)and it's not the same....terrible decision in my opinion Sad

Goodbye forum. Gonna miss the entertaining game day threads of us gathering experiencing the ups (the rare tds and wins) and the many lows of bonehead plays, pick 6s, the #because jags, the classic jaguar fan gif at the approriate times. The after the game entertaining whining game day threads. The hilarious gif threads. Ill miss being called a troll and getting banned. Yes, I was jagfan32 and other screen names i cant remember. The entertaing characters like missjagsfanatic, spacecoastjag.

I don't get it, fan interaction on twitter, and quite honestly twitter itself, is a bad platform for any meaningful social interaction. Same goes for IG, really all we have is the FB page and the fan pages there, which even there its a bit clunky for fan discussion. Odd move Jaguars, hope they reverse the decision to close this. Hopefully a void will get filled by some ambitious Jaguars fans with some extra time on their hands and a new forum emerges. 

Jags [BLEEP] up on and off the field.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Well I don't do social media other than forums and will not start now. I will miss the discussions here. Great knowing you guys.

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2017, 01:00 AM by Caldrac.)

Quote:I really do not blame them. If you were a new fan coming here to get some Jags scoop you would leave thinking that 90% of the Jags own friggin fans hate the damn team. Simply to much negativity to be seen as anything positive. Plain and simple. You all know who you are. I hope you're happy.

Man, if you think it's negative on here. Just wait until you start seeing the instant hate on their facebook page. I've been keeping up with their facebook page for awhile now. I also keep up with Big Cat Country and the Jaguars Today facebook page that 1010XL runs. Doesn't matter at what capacity or which forum you go to. If the Jaguars suck, they suck. And the fans will let you know about it. It's actually 10x worse on social media because it's just too easy and much more convenient for people to rip into anybody they want. 

As far as getting updates or close up looks on the team you can always follow them on Snapchat. I wasn't a fan of Snapchat for a long time. Me being 29 I am still cool with Forums and mostly Facebook. But I gave in to keep up with my little brothers. Then you start digging around and you can follow a bunch of cool things on there. Including the Jaguars. The only social media outlet I won't use is twitter. I've never been a fan of it. I don't like the limited character amounts they provide you with. 

Anybody that knows me on here knows that I am probably the most notorious poster for providing ridiculous amounts of walls of text. I just know how to type fast and think at the same time and it's easy for me to fire on all cylinders. But there's plenty of ways to follow the team. I also personally don't go to the website unless it's to jump on here or to maybe look at the roster to see the overall names/jersey's associated to them, etc. 

That's about it. Not a fan of Johnny O. I used to keep up with Vic back in the day though. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Comes down to tracking and ads honestly. You cannot draw the data or expose fans to ads like you can on social media. Congratulations, your patronage has been sold 

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2017, 01:20 AM by Caldrac.)

Quote:Comes down to tracking and ads honestly. You cannot draw the data or expose fans to ads like you can on social media. Congratulations, your patronage has been sold 

Exactly. They won't come outright and say that. Because they know it's a major turn off. But that's apart of the equation. The ads in general have flooded every facet of social media now. First it was YouTube. Now it's on FaceBook. It's on Snapchat, etc. The marketer goes where the market is. And right now it's social media at a major level. Or just the internet in general. 

I've even recently dropped my DirecTV package which was running me close to $220 per month for SlingTV because me and wife spend more time browsing around the internet for something to watch than we did on cable. And we're paying maybe $75.00 a month now between SlingTV through our ROKU and then Netflix, Hulu and CBS All access. We've already seen a huge difference in advertising though. Sure, it's not a 30 second commercial but it's still flashy ads and shorter breaks just more spread out. 

It's a joke. But that's how they get you. Curious to see now if other NFL teams are doing this and dropping their team forums. It's a shame. You've got a lot of old heads that won't conform to new age social media (I don't blame them either, it's full of a bunch of [BAD WORD REMOVED] you have to sift through anyway to maybe find a nice golden needle in a [BAD WORD REMOVED] show of a haystack). 

But this forum was pretty damn good compared to where I've been and looked around. A lot of forums around the NFL seemed very out dated or very old school. This place always seemed just a step up or a step or two ahead of everyone else. Such a shame they're closing this down. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

10+ years of net cred down the drain! Is this 4 realz? If this is true you are horrible. Shame on you

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2017, 03:12 AM by knarnn.)

I can finally post again and I get this news? What the [BLEEP]?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I don't get it, fan interaction on twitter, and quite honestly twitter itself, is a bad platform for any meaningful social interaction. Same goes for IG, really all we have is the FB page and the fan pages there, which even there its a bit clunky for fan discussion. Odd move Jaguars, hope they reverse the decision to close this. Hopefully a void will get filled by some ambitious Jaguars fans with some extra time on their hands and a new forum emerges. 

Twitter certainly has its place.  But a 140 character limit is certainly not an effective replacement for this Forum.

Wow......... that's all I can say...... Guess the rebuild with new staff means a rebuild of the fan base too.....
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Not gonna follow Jags on facebook with all the mouth-breathers. probs just be a browns fan now

This news is a [BLEEP] joke and I wont ever come back to this website again when this forum is gone. 

I wont be watching the videos and I sure as [BLEEP] wont be following, or joining them on social media.

Great job making this team more interactive for fans you stupid [BLEEP] idiots.