Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles the starter vs Chargers

From nfl network....Following the game, Jaguars coach Gus Bradley announced Bortles will start vs. the Chargers in Week 4.

Yay !

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not a shocker considering both Caldwell and Khan were present at the post game presser.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I think everyone knew that once he got on the field, it was his job.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

It's just good to see them commit. Now he can spend the week preparing for it. I'm ok with being bad while our future QB is working on getting better and gelling with his team mates. 

Dare I say it?  It's about time!

Now Henne can settle into his role as a backup.  Hopefully we can also improve the play calling on Offense.  Hopefully Pazstor is back next week too.  A lot of Bortles game may have been in Garbagé time, but he looks like an entirely different QB than we've seen in a long time.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

And you know what? I like Henne as a backup. Experienced, good mentor for Bortles.  I hope Henne sticks around a couple years as backup.

Quote:And you know what? I like Henne as a backup. Experienced, good mentor for Bortles. I hope Henne sticks around a couple years as backup.

And he sounded completely fine with that. He was encouraging the guys on the sideline and continuing to mentor Bortles during the 2nd half.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:It's just good to see them commit. Now he can spend the week preparing for it. I'm ok with being bad while our future QB is working on getting better and gelling with his team mates. 

I'll take Bortles 'bad" over henne's "best " anytime.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Chad will make a good Mother Henne

Gus is a weak coach...  He should have seen BB5 as the starter after week 1...

Quote:I'll take Bortles 'bad" over henne's "best " anytime.

Exactly...  And so would everyone...

But let's give Bradley a pass, right?  He was trying to protect BB5 from the horrible team he was eventually gonna be the QB of....   

Does that make any sense to anyone?

Hey, you're the best QB.  But you are not going to play because the rest of the team stinks.  So therefore, we'll make sure the entire offense is horrible and then let you come in later on to make sure that the horrible team is not as horrible.

It's the worst logic I've ever seen from a coaching staff....  

Quote:And he sounded completely fine with that. He was encouraging the guys on the sideline and continuing to mentor Bortles during the 2nd half.

Nice!   Ninja

Henne's best suited for a backup role. He's the kind of guy that can come in and play respectably if BB gets hurt, but he never has been THE guy. I think it's good for everyone. If we're gonna lose this year, I'd rather do it after we get our RT back and BB doesn't get killed in the process while learning his craft.

I can't wait to see this team next week and see how the defense plays with some rest between drives. Pretty positive we at least won't get blown out like the past weeks.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2014, 05:20 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote:From nfl network....Following the game, Jaguars coach Gus Bradley announced Bortles will start vs. the Chargers in Week 4.

Yay !
Bout time shouldve started this game, what a turn around in the 2nd half, defense made stops, the team scored points and moved the ball, but hey its not Henne's fault yea right dude sucked the life outta the team.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

sooo....the deleted thread that had the secret twitter messages from Blake might have been accurate?

Quote:Exactly...  And so would everyone...

But let's give Bradley a pass, right?  He was trying to protect BB5 from the horrible team he was eventually gonna be the QB of....   

Does that make any sense to anyone?

Hey, you're the best QB.  But you are not going to play because the rest of the team stinks.  So therefore, we'll make sure the entire offense is horrible and then let you come in later on to make sure that the horrible team is not as horrible.

It's the worst logic I've ever seen from a coaching staff....  

I'm not going to call for Bradley's head at this point. Let's see how this season develops and go from there. The revolving door of coaches needs to stop somewhere, and I think it is worth giving him a shot with his QB before calling for his head.

who is this bortles you speak of ,never heard of him. :thumbsup:  oh wait was he the one who helped the team score 17 points in seconed half?  My sense of humor everyone!!!!

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote:sooo....the deleted thread that had the secret twitter messages from Blake might have been accurate?

That thread, and then the one asking about it were both deleted. I thought it was too good to be true myself.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS