Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Where do we go from here?

Bortles long awaited arrival is finally here. So what's next? Championship?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2014, 04:31 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:Bortles long awaited arrival is finally here. So what's next? Championship?

No, lets start with a team that can be watched for 4 quarters without thoughts of drinking yourself into a coma.

Why are you mad? You seem like you don't agree with the decision.

We're going nowhere.  That's where.  Maybe 3 or 4 wins, at most.

Hall of Fame

Stop building straw-men.  Geez.  It's like you only support the Jags so you can be contrary.

I think Bortles can manage 4-5 wins this year, assuming he stays healthy.  Once he starts getting the reps... we should see him start to get over some of those rookie mistakes he's going to make.  Next week (assuming he gets the start) won't be a good one for him probably, but it'll be watchable I think.  And that's all we can ask for right now.

Hopefully the coaches realize that they were wrong about Gerhart too.  He's not the kind of runner they think he is.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:No, lets start with a team that can be watched for 4 quarters without thoughts of drinking yourself into a coma.

What's mad about my post? I'm sorry you don't understand dry humor.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Just win a few games and keep the losses respectable.  I'm tired of watching CBS football schmucks laugh up their sleeves whenever they mention Jacksonville.

Quote:No, lets start with a team that can be watched for 4 quarters without thoughts of drinking yourself into a coma.

I was well on the way of the coma, 

Quote:Stop building straw-men. Geez. It's like you only support the Jags so you can be contrary.

I think Bortles can manage 4-5 wins this year, assuming he stays healthy. Once he starts getting the reps... we should see him start to get over some of those rookie mistakes he's going to make. Next week (assuming he gets the start) won't be a good one for him probably, but it'll be watchable I think. And that's all we can ask for right now.

Hopefully the coaches realize that they were wrong about Gerhart too. He's not the kind of runner they think he is.
What strawman?

For the record with a full week of practice as a starter I fully expect B2 to give us much more competitive game next week. I'm scared of the Chargers offense vs our defense though.

Quote:What strawman?

Nobody gets your dry humor because apparently there is none there.

Quote:Nobody gets your dry humor because apparently there is none there.

Haterade got it. Sorry you didn't.

Bortles will go 8-6 as a starter and the Orioles will win the World Series. JFCM will be a happy camper!

from what i've seen we go somewhere between 3 and 13 and 6 and 10, games become more competive as the year goes on with visible chemistry between bortles and his receivers and as run gaps start to open

we get a pick in the top 3 

trade with a qb needy team for an extra second rounder and a 4th, pick up a safety, middle linebacker and a defensive end in the first 2 rounds with a tight end and guard coming in rounds 3 and 4 (i though bowanko looked good today but there was very little in terms of pass rush so that may be a change as the year goes on but for now I'm penciling joeckel beadles bowanko pasztor as 4 or our future starting linemen)

2015 bortles leads a very similiar offense wide receiver wise and offensive line wise and leads us to 8 and 8... thats all i got

now that all of the children are grown up :teehee:

Wanting progress will lead to wanting wins...  but that is okay I am a fan.  This team needs lots of work and more talent.  Did you not see the charge on the field after the change in QB?  Of course it fizzled out but the Offensive play picked up through the end.  Was some of the play garbage time?  Of course but you can't build your team scared and wait forever before putting the kid in to learn.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Obviously the Chargers are going to be tough in San Diego. Watching the Jags play the Stillers at home next week is something I'm actually looking forward to tho. That's the difference.

I think the next move is learning to tackle and tweaking this zone coverage so the TE isn't constantly wide open. 

We just finally started to see the light at the end of the tunnel. That's a victory in itself and right now, everything else is a bonus.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Bortles will go 8-6 as a starter and the Orioles will win the World Series. JFCM will be a happy camper!

I put in for my Orioles playoff tickets!