Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Where do we go from here?

Quote:I think the next move is learning to tackle and tweaking this zone coverage so the TE isn't constantly wide open.

The pass rush had to get better at being consistent. Luck had way too much time back there to find the open guy.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2014, 04:47 PM by dennisp3.)

For all of the posters that said the offense of line was bad you couldn't put in Blake he's young he couldn't handle it it's time to admit you were wrong. FBT for once in your life can you admit you were wrong about playing Henne.

Quote:Just win a few games and keep the losses respectable.  I'm tired of watching CBS football schmucks laugh up their sleeves whenever they mention Jacksonville.
what he said...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:For all of the posters that said the offense of line was bad you couldn't put in Blake he's young he couldn't handle it it's time to admit you were wrong. FBT can for once in your life can you admit you were wrong about playing Henne.

What's to say the extra time on the bench didn't help Bortles? Its painfully obvious he was the better QB the moment he was drafted but he still needed work on his fundamentals. He's a better QB now than he was 3 months ago without a doubt.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:We're going nowhere.  That's where.  Maybe 3 or 4 wins, at most.
. Wrong

Quote:What's to say the extra time on the bench didn't help Bortles? Its painfully obvious he was the better QB the moment he was drafted but he still needed work on his fundamentals. He's a better QB now than he was 3 months ago without a doubt.

thanks for confirming what I said a couple of weeks ago that when bottles finally went in the naysayers would say sitting on the bench is why he was successful

He did nothing today that we did not see in preseason

Quote:Bortles will go 8-6 as a starter and the Orioles will win the World Series. JFCM will be a happy camper!

I meant 7-6 for Bortles. Drunk.

Where do we go from here? Up baby

To compete! Finally, we see life!

Our defense is looking alarmingly worse than I anticipated it to be after the draft and f/a! I think that Bortles will at least be able to reduce the hemorrhaging of our offense (something that was beyond Chad Henne's ability) by virtue of keeping plays alive rather than getting sacked 10+ times. The result should produce a few more first downs instead of the 3-n-outs we were getting. This should help the defense not get gassed so quickly as a result of being on the field all day. With our defense being able to get a breather, they should be able to play better and keep the game closer.

I predicted we would go 6-10 this season. Now, that prediction is starting to look a little 'lofty'. Nevertheless, I'll stick with 6-10 if....IF... we can keep Bortles healthy and behind center. He will likely improve with real game experience. We'll see....

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Our defense needs to be more stout against the run. Need to clean up the flats better ... and quit blowing deep coverage. Could also have more passrush... Pretty much defense is suspect all around. With Bortles and our young WRs racing to maturity, our defense may become the weakest link

Quote:. Wrong
Come back and see me at the end of the year.  Have you looked at the schedule?  Some cheap points at the end of a blowout wrapped around a pick six. You're kidding yourself.

Quote:Come back and see me at the end of the year.  Have you looked at the schedule?  Some cheap points at the end of a blowout wrapped around a pick six. You're kidding yourself.

It was a blowout well before Bortles was ever put in.  It's not like he could score in the 1st half, because he wasn't in there in the first half.  That pick six probably doesn't happen if the score is close, and he's bound to make rookie mistakes.  Even Peyton Manning made them.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:It was a blowout well before Bortles was ever put in.  It's not like he could score in the 1st half, because he wasn't in there in the first half.  That pick six probably doesn't happen if the score is close, and he's bound to make rookie mistakes.  Even Peyton Manning made them.  
Heard the same "Peyton Manning" delusional comparisons with Gabbert.  How did that one work out for you?

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2014, 05:23 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Quote:Heard the same "Peyton Manning" delusional comparisons with Gabbert.  How did that one work out for you?
Sorry you don't have a 5th grade reading comprehension.  I guess tack fans tend not to.  But I wasn't comparing Bortles to Manning.  I was saying even the greats make mistakes.

Or maybe you're a Ain'ts fan.  Your team is looking fantastic so long as Brees stays inside his dome.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:For all of the posters that said the offense of line was bad you couldn't put in Blake he's young he couldn't handle it it's time to admit you were wrong. FBT for once in your life can you admit you were wrong about playing Henne.
What was I wrong about exactly? Because I, like many others here, wasn't shredding the staff about not rushing Bortles in until they felt he was ready? I just posted this week that I had spoken to someone inside the organization who said that Bortles was probably going to start by the steelers game. They were saying he was ready, but they wanted stability on the line. Was I wrong for basically saying he would start when ready because that's what they were saying all along?

I never said Bortles couldn't handle it. Not once. My only concern has been, and will continue to be the risk of injury behind that line.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:thanks for confirming what I said a couple of weeks ago that when bottles finally went in the naysayers would say sitting on the bench is why he was successful

Can you prove otherwise?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2014, 05:26 PM by rameyag.)

Quote:Sorry you don't have a 5th grade reading comprehension.  I guess tack fans tend not to.  But I wasn't comparing Bortles to Manning.  I was saying even the greats make mistakes.
You were being an apologist for the pick six, but then again, I only have a fifth grade reading comprehension.