Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This feels like a win

Gave up on Robinson? I had never seen him run as much as he did today since he was Michigan's quarterback. What are you talking about?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Gave up on Robinson? I had never seen him run as much as he did today since he was Michigan's quarterback. What are you talking about?

The coaches gave up on Robinson...

They should have USED HIM MORE!!!!!

You have a weapon that is so fast and quick and just needs more playing time.  And they continue to leave him on the sideline and put Gerhart and Todman in the game.  It's ridiculous.

This OC has no idea how to utilize the speed he has standing right next to him.  

Quote:Oh, so they were focusing on BB5 to start in the 2nd half of week 3 the moment they drafted him and saw him during the OTA's?  Man, they are geniuses!!!  Clearly they are then making sure that Denard Robinson only becomes the next Mercury Morris by week 10 so that we can sneak up on the rest of the AFC South and get a bye week for the playoffs, right?

You're wishful thinking is ridiculous and not founded on any real football analysis.

I choose to call the OC Fish because I do not respect him as the OC.  He gave up on Denard Robinson after he was the only RB that actually seemed to be effective all day.  But if you want to respect a dud of an OC, you can. 

He's a fish, Imma call him a fish...

Ok, I see you have a man crush on Robinson instead of looking at things objectively. I won't waste my breath.

Quote:The coaches gave up on Robinson...

They should have USED HIM MORE!!!!!

You have a weapon that is so fast and quick and just needs more playing time.  And they continue to leave him on the sideline and put Gerhart and Todman in the game.  It's ridiculous.

This OC has no idea how to utilize the speed he has standing right next to him.  

That is not giving up on Robinson. That is simply alternating quarterbacks like the Colts did with Richardson and Bradshaw.

Quote:It doesn't feel like a win to me. The best thing I for me was that the offense didn't look stagnant with Bortles. For the forst time this year it looked like it had some life. That being said, he still looked like a rookie and his footwork really bothered me. I could see why they have avoided playing him.

Boooo! Booooooo!

Best thing for me is that I can wear my Bortles jersey to the International series game next weekend with a little bit of pride !

(Although I'm still expecting a fair amount of abuse...)

Quote:Best thing for me is that I can wear my Bortles jersey to the International series game next weekend with a little bit of pride !

(Although I'm still expecting a fair amount of abuse...)

What abuse? It is a "home" game for the Jaguars, so I doubt many people there will be rooting for the Cowboys.

Quote:Ok, I see you have a man crush on Robinson instead of looking at things objectively. I won't waste my breath.

Yes, I do have a man-crush on the RB that is the most effective...  I'll make sure to read rest of your posts in the same manner I read my 2 year old's scribbles on our white board.

Seriously?  You didn't recognize the benefits of Denard in the game?  Even the stoopid announcers were impressed when we finally gave Denard the rock.  Get over yourself.  The offense needs his talent.  Todman is lame.  Gerhard is only good between tackles.  Shoelace is versatile in the flat catching passes and off tackle in the run game.

Quote:That is not giving up on Robinson. That is simply alternating quarterbacks like the Colts did with Richardson and Bradshaw.

I think you mis-typed what you meant.  Otherwise, I'm not sure what your logic is.

We dropped Henne, brought in Bortles and started utilizing Denard a bit more.  Then we got  away from Denard because the game was pretty much dictating that we could not run.  However, we should have still used his quickness on the flat.  And I think we should continue to use him as a release point instead of keeping Gerhart or Todman in the backfield.

Now in terms of Richardson or Bradshaw, they are the same type of runner in c'lot offense.  You cannot compare Shoelace as the same type of RB as Gerhart or Todman.  Denard is a completely different type of RB....

Quote:What abuse? It is a "home" game for the Jaguars, so I doubt many people there will be rooting for the Cowboys.

It's Dolphins-Raiders this weekend.

But yes, the Jags game will be very different !

Quote:Of all of the QBs in team history, maybe Brunell makes that throw.  Maybe.

Garrard might have made the spin, but he might have self sacked or tucked and run.

No way Leftwich makes that spin.

Gabbert gets sacked on the play.

Bortles showed incredible poise in moving away from the rush, good presence of mind to look downfield, and good touch in hitting the FB down the sideline.

Agree, except Gabbert gets sacked on that play, and fumbles.  And Henne takes the sack too.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Oh, so they were focusing on BB5 to start in the 2nd half of week 3 the moment they drafted him and saw him during the OTA's?  Man, they are geniuses!!!  Clearly they are then making sure that Denard Robinson only becomes the next Mercury Morris by week 10 so that we can sneak up on the rest of the AFC South and get a bye week for the playoffs, right?

You're wishful thinking is ridiculous and not founded on any real football analysis.

I've been saying for weeks that they were going to play him sooner rather than later, and that it would be at a point where they could get him into a fairly friendly environment with little to no pressure. I said there's no way he plays in either Philly or Washington for that reason. This today was the perfect opportunity and they seized it since they didn't have to start him next week on the road with no tune up. It's almost like I know what the hell I'm talking about while others just piss and moan about how terrible it all is for the last 2 weeks. Who knew?

Well, besides me of course. If you listen to what they say they aren't giving you a line, they're telling you what's going to happen. It's actually kind of refreshing.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato