Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wisconsin: 644 yards rushing

Pretty ridiculous.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Meanwhile Jags are averaging a yard per carry. Can we hand it off to Gerhart 644 times a game?

Melvin Gordon had 4 rushing TDs...in the first half.

I think Byron Leftwich could run for 1,000 yards at Wisconsin. It's amazing how they continue to have such a dominant run game year after year.

On Wisconsin!! 

And I thought it was ridiculous that Blake Sims passed for 402 yards in less than three quarters. Imagine how many yards he would have if he did not go out with a shoulder injury. (He came back in.)

I think 644 rushing yards must be the new NCAA record. That number is insane if you are talking about only one game.

Bowling Green should stick to bowling,

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Bowling Green should stick to bowling,

LOL  Laughing

Once again the little 10 beating up on the MAC...I will give IU probs for going on the road and beating Mizzou

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2014, 01:06 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:Once again the little 10 beating up on the MAC...I will give IU probs for going on the road and beating Mizzou

Lol... you a Georgia fan? They just played powerhouse Troy. Georgia has also lost two of their past 3 bowl games to "little 10" teams.

Regardless, way to hi-jack the thread.

How about this fact....

In 13 of the past 29 games, Wisconsin has had two rushers run for over 100 yards. That is pretty astonishing.

I don't think Melvin Gordon would know how to act when he faces an NFL defense and don't have the holes a truck can drive through. I like his speed but I wouldn't touch him in the first couple rounds. I would take Duke Johnson over him

Quote:I don't think Melvin Gordon would know how to act when he faces an NFL defense and don't have the holes a truck can drive through. I like his speed but I wouldn't touch him in the first couple rounds. I would take Duke Johnson over him

His rushing is not going to be a problem. It's his pass catching and pass protection that will be a problem. I had a thread last season that pointed out how Wisconsin is notorious for putting any RB in that system and being able to put up elite numbers. Most of them amount to nothing in the NFL because they are products of Wisconsin's best rushing system in the country. That being said, I think Gordon breaks the mold. I think he is legit.

Quote:His rushing is not going to be a problem. It's his pass catching and pass protection that will be a problem. I had a thread last season that pointed out how Wisconsin is notorious for putting any RB in that system and being able to put up elite numbers. Most of them amount to nothing in the NFL because they are products of Wisconsin's best rushing system in the country. That being said, I think Gordon breaks the mold. I think he is legit.
He is different than the other RBs that came out of Wis.  Gordon has a different gear the others didnt.  I still think Duke and Gurley will be the better pros

LSU's win is looking better and better.  I cant believe they beat Wisconsin without a good QB.

I'd take Gordon in the second round. He'll be great in the ZBS

Most Wisconsin RBs fail in the NFL because they are racking up yards in the NCAA due to an elite OL.

. . . and subpar opposition.

Quote:Most Wisconsin RBs fail in the NFL because they are racking up yards in the NCAA due to an elite OL.

This.

Quote: . . . and subpar opposition.

Ignorance. Might want to double check the numbers before sounding silly.

Ron Dayne played in two Rose Bowls and these were his total stats: 61 carries, 446 yards (7.3ypc), 5 TDs.

Montee Ball played in three Rose Bowls and these were his total stats: 78 carries, 396 yards (5.1ypc), 3 TDs.

I'm assuming you are an SEC fan, though, so here are some recent Wisconsin vs SEC games:

2014 vs #13 LSU

Melvin Gordon 15 carries, 140 yards (8.8ypc) , 1 TD

2013 Capitol One bowl vs #9 South Carolina

Melvin Gordon 25 carries, 143 yards (5.7ypc)

James White 12 carries, 107 yards (8.9ypc), 2 TDs

2008 Captiol One Bowl vs #7 Auburn

P.J. Hill 30 carries, 213 yards (7.2ypc), 1 TD

2007 Outback bowl vs #16 Tennesse

P.J. Hill 16 carries, 132 yards (8.3ypc)

Wisconsin's got the best rushing system in college football and that holds true vs Big Ten, SEC, ACC, or Pac 12 teams.

Quote:This.

Ignorance. Might want to double check the numbers before sounding silly.

Ron Dayne played in two Rose Bowls and these were his total stats: 61 carries, 446 yards (7.3ypc), 5 TDs.

Montee Ball played in three Rose Bowls and these were his total stats: 78 carries, 396 yards (5.1ypc), 3 TDs.

I'm assuming you are an SEC fan, though, so here are some recent Wisconsin vs SEC games:

2014 vs #13 LSU

Melvin Gordon 15 carries, 140 yards (8.8ypc) , 1 TD

2013 Capitol One bowl vs #9 South Carolina

Melvin Gordon 25 carries, 143 yards (5.7ypc)

James White 12 carries, 107 yards (8.9ypc), 2 TDs

2008 Captiol One Bowl vs #7 Auburn

P.J. Hill 30 carries, 213 yards (7.2ypc), 1 TD

2007 Outback bowl vs #16 Tennesse

P.J. Hill 16 carries, 132 yards (8.3ypc)

Wisconsin's got the best rushing system in college football and that holds true vs Big Ten, SEC, ACC, or Pac 12 teams.

Actually, I believe he's FSU.  Before calling ignorance, you shouldn't assume anything.