Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hope Solo Domestic Violence

Quote:Hope Solo is every bit as known as Jonathon Dywer. For what it's worth, Hope Solo has over 200k more twitter followers than Ray Rice and Jonathon Dwyer combined. 

Is the women's basketball popular? No, but people know who Lisa Leslie is.

Is women's tennis popular? No, but people know who Serena Williams is.

Is women's soccer popular? No, but people know who Hope Solo is.

Is the NFL popular? Yes, but not everyone knows the 2nd string RB of the Arizona Cardinals.

Hope solo isn't just some random soccer player. She is the reigning FIFA World Cup Golden Gloves winner (best female goalie in the world). She assaulted a minor (charged him, hit him, and tackled him) in the minor's own home. But hey, who cares?

Just curious, when this incident first happened why didnt you post this story back then?

It seems like you went on a google binge to find a woman who was accused of domestic violence.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd hit it.

Quote:The media portrayal, or intentional lack thereof, of domestic violence is related to politics.

This tells me all I need to know about you.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

she can come beat me up any time she wants!!!! please!

but really...espn is the new TMZ. its all about ratings and shock value. its terrible.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2014, 02:17 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:Just curious, when this incident first happened why didnt you post this story back then?

It seems like you went on a google binge to find a woman who was accused of domestic violence.

Because I didn't know about it, which is partially my point. Hope Solo is an Olympic gold medalist and the #1 female goalie in the world. She has more twitter followers than Ray Rice and Jonathon Dwyer combined. She assaulted a minor in his own home (charged him, hit him, and tackled him) yet for some reason the incident was swept under a rug.

Quote:This tells me all I need to know about you.

Don't worry. You lost my respect and the respect of the rest of this board long ago. Even the liberals on here think you are bat crap crazy, but keep fighting that good fight.

Quote:she can come beat me up any time she wants!!!! please!

but really...espn is the new TMZ. its all about ratings and shock value. its terrible.

Bingo.

And discussing female on male domestic violence is not politically correct and would drive down ratings. Don't expect the fact that Hope Solo remains the goalie for Team USA to receive any negative publicity on ESPN.

Quote:Because I didn't know about it, which is partially my point. Hope Solo is an Olympic gold medalist and the #1 female goalie in the world. She has more twitter followers than Ray Rice and Jonathon Dwyer combined. She assaulted a minor his own home (charged him, hit him, and tackled him) yet for some reason the incident was swept under a rug.

Could it be that not too many people follow women's soccer?

Just a thought.

Quote:Don't worry. You lost my respect and the respect of the rest of this board long ago. Even the liberals on here think you are bat crap crazy, but keep fighting that good fight.

Actually I have respect for you, your incoherent ramblings, and justification of men beating on women "in self defense", is light entertainment thats worthy of a response from me every once in a while. 

Anything else?

Quote:Could it be that not too many people follow women's soccer?

Just a thought.

she didnt get suspended from her job though, she didnt get smeared all over tv for weeks....

if you work at wal mart and you hit your wife you dont get suspended from work, you know?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:she didnt get suspended from her job though, she didnt get smeared all over tv for weeks....

if you work at wal mart and you hit your wife you dont get suspended from work, you know?

Blame soccer for not suspending her. It has nothing to do with politics. 

Quote:Blame soccer for not suspending her. It has nothing to do with politics. 

not politics, really media, and social perception...

Quote:Don't worry. You lost my respect and the respect of the rest of this board long ago. Even the liberals on here think you are bat crap crazy, but keep fighting that good fight.

If there was a message board vote, I know who would win.

Quote:Could it be that not too many people follow women's soccer?

Just a thought.

Again, Hope Solo has more twitter followers than Ray Rice and Jonathon Dwyer combined.

Hope Solo: 854,000

Ray Rice: 564,000

Jonathon Dwyer: 50,500

You are severely downplaying Hope Solo's celebrity. She is an Olympic gold medalist who was voted the #1 female goalie in the 2012 Summer Olympics. She is the starting goalie for the Unite States Womens National Team.

Quote:Blame soccer for not suspending her. It has nothing to do with politics. 

I blame soccer for not suspending her. I blame the media and the public for not being upset that soccer has not suspended her. Not surprised that you can't follow this logic.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2014, 03:00 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:Actually I have respect for you, your incoherent ramblings, and justification of men beating on women "in self defense", is light entertainment thats worthy of a response from me every once in a while. 

Anything else?

Is this how desperate you have become? Completely misrepresenting my comments to build a strawman? You have stooped to new lows. Like I said, there is a reason that even the liberals on this board consider you bat crap crazy. Keep showing us why.

Quote:not politics, really media, and social perception...

The media can put pressure on women's soccer to suspend her, but that's about it.

Quote:Again, Hope Solo has more twitter followers than Ray Rice and Jonathon Dwyer combined.

Hope Solo: 854,000

Ray Rice: 564,000

Jonathon Dwyer: 50,500

You are severely downplaying Hope Solo's celebrity. She is an Olympic gold medalist who was voted the #1 female goalie in the 2012 Summer Olympics. She is the starting goalie for the Unite States Womens National Team.

I along with a good chunk of sports fans know who Hope Solo is. 

ESPN not even mentioning her situation just illustrates how much a lack of following or interest woman soccer has. 

Quote:The media portrayal, or intentional lack thereof, of domestic violence is related to politics.

Sorta.

The feminist left has no problem with strong women beating up other women just so long as a man (or in this case, a boy), gets kicked in the nads too.

They don't care about Hope Solo assaulting others.

The misogynist right, who think of any man that can get his rear kicked by a woman as a sissy, even if he is not yet a man grown, don't care because they think women are too weak to inflict damage.

The rest of us in the middle either don't care about chick soccer and don't know who the hell she is, or never made the connection to this obvious hypocrisy.  Soccer may be the world's most popular sport, but ironically, in this country it is currently mostly played by women, and is thus, completely uninteresting.

So yeah, double standard in place, and no one cares.

Quote:I blame soccer for not suspending her. I blame the media and the public for not being upset that soccer has not suspended her. Not surprised that you can't follow this logic.

You blame the media and public for not putting pressure on soccer to suspend her huh?

All of a sudden you have this keen intrest for women who should be jailed for domestic violence.

If you actually read the details of the fight Solo was involved in, it was a group fight.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/former-se...s-arrested

Quote:Is this how desperate you have become? Completely misrepresenting my comments to build a strawman? You have stooped to new lows. Like I said, there is a reason that even the liberals on this board consider you bat crap crazy. Keep showing us why.

What am I "misrepresenting"?

Even in the Nigel Bethel thread, when myself and others gave suggestions that the male should have walked away which was possible in both cases, you refuse to acknowledge that.

Instead, you refute that by coming up with all these wild scenarios of how women are stronger and in danger of seriously hurting a man everytime they swing.

As for the rest of your response, you dont know how to have a discussion, or think like a decent adult at all. It is showing right now in plain sight,

Quote:Sorta.

The feminist left has no problem with strong women beating up other women just so long as a man (or in this case, a boy), gets kicked in the nads too.

The misogynist right, who think of any man that can get his rear kicked by a woman as a sissy, even if he is not yet a man grown, don't care because they think women are too weak to inflict damage.

The rest of us in the middle either don't care about chick soccer and don't know who the hell she is, or never made the connection to this obvious hypocrisy.  Soccer may be the world's most popular sport, but ironically, in this country it is currently mostly played by women, and is thus, completely uninteresting.

So yeah, double standard in place, and no one cares.

Well said.

/endthread