Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Job security

So if they're waiting for the situation to get a lot better around him, idk that it's gonna get much better this year

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I said 2015.
I said Joe MONTANYA!

Quote:I think if there was going to be a lot of improvement from year 1 to year 2 we would have seen it already. That's what the offseason is for. The only thing that seems to happen as the season goes on is additional injuries, at least in our case

This is the flaw in your thinking.  The season just started.   We're weeks shy of "as the season goes on." 

You're jumping the gun.  Majorly so, IMO. 

Quote:This is the flaw in your thinking. The season just started. We're weeks shy of "as the season goes on."

Was the same last year. This team is always plagued by injuries. Actually, that's the case with all teams. It's just the teams with good quarterbacks can overcome it.

I can't imagine a scenario in which any coaches get fired after this season outside of Butkus or maybe Fisch.

He's happy to write the checks but you better produce.

I give them until the end of 2015.....then they (players and coaches) better have shown marked improvement

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Was the same last year. This team is always plagued by injuries. Actually, that's the case with all teams. It's just the teams with good quarterbacks can overcome it.

The injury bug has been firmly entrenched in Jacksonville for a number of years now. It's a bit worse than the league average for the Jags lately, but I don't think that's the big factor in play here.  

It's youth. This is the youngest team in the AFC.  There's a lot of inexperience. You can keep saying "that's what the offseason is for" till you're blue in the face,  but the reality is that there are several starters on this roster that will end the season as better players than when they started week one. Some of them significantly so. Some of them haven't started yet.  Ninja

I think Gus's job may be in trouble if we're winless this year.  It'd put him in a very hot seat for next year in any case.  But I think it might even get him fired, unless it was under extremely bad luck (too many injuries to field a competitive team)

One or two wins puts him in a very hot seat next year.

Three wins and his seat will be warm.

Four or more wins, and his seat will be cool enough to survive some bad luck next year (if it happens)

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I think the team would have to lose 10 games or more in 2015 for Gus to be fired. 
If they don't solve their o-line issues they could still lose 10 in 2015.  I think 10 is a guarantee this year.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

I've been watching since 95'. I've seen a lot of things that people haven't seen their teams do since the beginning. I'm very skilled in watching S.U.C.K. and I believe I could be the next coach for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Sign me up, Dave.

Quote:I think if there was going to be a lot of improvement from year 1 to year 2 we would have seen it already. That's what the offseason is for. The only thing that seems to happen as the season goes on is additional injuries, at least in our case

We're 2 games into the season.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

dead man rah-rahing

Quote:We're 2 games into the season.

So why do we look as bad as we did early last season?

If you're switching out your starting center, and cutting your primary backup tackle two games into the season, you're offseason plan on the offensive line was bad

Quote:So why do we look as bad as we did early last season?

Two games in last season the Texans were undefeated.  

Eight games in last season we were winless.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

This year - No matter what Gus is ok

Next year - He in danger girl...

Quote:This year - No matter what Gus is ok

Next year - He in danger girl...

And  no ghost will be there to save him.  

If he doesn't at least win 5 games this year he'll be on the hot seat going into next year.

Then in 2015, if we fail to get it right again, we can blow it all up and go through another 4 year rebuild.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:If you're switching out your starting center, and cutting your primary backup tackle two games into the season, you're offseason plan on the offensive line was bad
Good o-lineman don't grow on trees.  They are coveted quite a bit.

Job security is being the Punter on this team... Anger needs a raise.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana