Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What three positions do we need to address first in order to compete?

Maybe we could invent several positions.

We already have the "LEO" and the "OTTO". 

How about the Day-O!?

One of these years.............

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Assessment like this should come in the offseason. Maybe by late season Bowanko is a fixture at C, Linder is opening holes in the run game, and Jensen is making big catches at TE. Why assume guys with 0 and 2 NFL games started are automatic busts?
Safe to say that free safety is a priority. Guy doesn't fit the system as a FS, and Evans looks like he's a career back up.

I'll take a wait and see with the line, especially once Pazstor gets back in the line up. A lot of inexperience and youth up front. Then we can judge the RBs.

LEO isn't as desperate a need as last season, but if we end up with a top pick, that's where I'd expect us to go: young DE that becomes the main LEO
No commercial messages in sigs

We just have to find a way to run the ball somewhat effectively. I feel like most of our problems will disappear when we can sustain a running game.

No pain, no gain.

FS , C, TE ,

(tied with TE for  third  > ) MLB that suits the scheme  -- Poz is great but should be playing in a classic 4/3 somewhere. This scheme calls for more speed and more coverage ability.  Gus needs a bruising tackler that runs a sub-4.55 in there. 

Center may already be on the roster. (Bowanko)  

Free safety definitely isn't.   Guy is a decent depth but not a starter. Evans is looking like a decent back-up at SS. 

TE probably isn't. Jensen would be a steal if he turns out to be a quality starter. 

I don't think we'll truly know what we still need until the end of the season.

Does Bowanko develop enough so that we don't NEED a C?

Linder as well. Does Beadles eventually become a solid LG?

Does Paz come back good to go and Luke continue to develop at LT?

If all these check out OK...... I'd say...

We need to upgrade FS, CB, and add more youth to the Dline, maybe a premier pass rusher.

Oline still needs depth, no matter what happens.

If our Oline is still complete crap I think we'll need to address it early in the draft or in FA, while still looking for those playmakers in the secondary.

HC 

OC

DC

No? ok... then

C

OG

FS

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

LEO, OTTO ... don't forget about the OFFENSIVE WEAPON position we created.

Quote:Maybe we could invent several positions.

We already have the "LEO" and the "OTTO". 

How about the Day-O!?

Or maybe the Oleo, or Dleo or Cp3O, anything to get the Jags out of this funk.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2014, 05:04 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote:Nobody said Leo ? Middle linebacker would need an upgrade as well.
We are fine at LEO, Clemons has a few more years, Branch is solid, Davis is solid, and we have Smith, OL, TE, FS, RB are way more of needs, and ILB is behind those as well

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

FS

C

Cb (if colvin turns out to be a stud then we will be okay at cb) or OG