Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gerhart missed practice wednesday

anyone have any links to any positives that may have come in a gerhart-less practice?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Anyone have any links to any positives that may have come in a Gerhart-less practice?

Welcome to the board, Shaun. We all share your frustration of our team not being able to run the ball, but that problem was not caused by Toby Gerhart's ankle injury. A zone blocking scheme that does not work well for Toby and lack of talent on the offensive line caused our inability to run. Denard Robinson and Jordan Todman were not any better on two healthy feet than Toby was with a bad foot. A running back is only as good as his offensive line.

Something else to keep in mind is so far he has only missed one practice. Sometimes players with nagging injuries take one day off and practice Thursday and Friday so  we could see that happen. I hope that is what they are doing with him.

One last thing: Every week I start an injury report thread for all news and notes about players missing or being limited in practices, being cleared to practice or play, etc. I do that to consolidate all injury reports so we don't have multiple threads about the same injury going around. But since you are new I will give you a pass this time.

Quote:Welcome to the board, Shaun. We all share your frustration of our team not being able to run the ball, but that problem was not caused by Toby Gerhart's ankle injury. A zone blocking scheme that does not work well for Toby and lack of talent on the offensive line caused our inability to run. Denard Robinson and Jordan Todman were not any better on two healthy feet than Toby was with a bad foot. A running back is only as good as his offensive line.

Something else to keep in mind is so far he has only missed one practice. Sometimes players with nagging injuries take one day off and practice Thursday and Friday so we could see that happen. I hope that is what they are doing with him.

One last thing: Every week I start an injury report thread for all news and notes about players missing or being limited in practices, being cleared to practice or play, etc. I do that to consolidate all injury reports so we don't have multiple threads about the same injury going around. But since you are new I will give you a pass this time.

And if he makes another thread? What are YOU gonna do??

Uh oh, this is Jaguarswoman territory. 

"My advice to you... is to tread... lightly"

Quote:Uh oh, this is Jaguarswoman territory.

"My advice to you... is to tread... lightly"
I find her extremely annoying.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:anyone have any links to any positives that may have come in a gerhart-less practice?

i believe he is just resting up the ankle and will be a go on sunday.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I find her extremely annoying.

Does anybody not?

Quote:Does anybody not?
It's in it's own category. Very different from TMD annoying.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

You guys... don't poke the bear

Who is the official backup? Just wondering for fantasy football related purposes.

Quote:I find her extremely annoying.

I don't even read the posts, i just skip over them.

Quote:Does anybody not?
TMD thinks she's hawt.  Meow!

Regarding Gerhart missing practice on Wednesday, hopefully it was just a precaution to give the guy additional time to get that ankle better.  All indications are that he would be on the field on Sunday, and hopefully that's still the case.  Otherwise expect a healthy dose of Shoelace and Todman with the latter being the starter.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2014, 10:53 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:i believe he is just resting up the ankle and will be a go on sunday.

Resting up the ankle so he will be back to full "speed" Sunday and run directly into the most congested part of the line. Got it.

I sure do miss the days of Fred Taylor, James Stewart, Jimmy Smith, Keenan Mccardell, Mark Brunell, and Tom Coughlin...

I miss hearing the announcer saying 'tackle by joel SCHMENGEEEE.

I miss hearing 'sweet home alabama'.

I miss...I really miss....seeing the Jags play winning football.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2014, 11:02 AM by Chuckd.)

Someone should tell Mike Shannahan's Super Bowl rings that zone run blocking doesn't work.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:I sure do miss the days of Fred Taylor, James Stewart, Jimmy Smith, Keenan Mccardell, Mark Brunell, and Tom Coughlin...

I miss hearing the announcer saying 'tackle by joel SCHMENGEEEE.

I miss hearing 'sweet home alabama'.

I miss...I really miss....seeing the Jags play winning football.
At least they're starting to play Sweet Home in the stadium again, so there's that. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Give him time, he only runs two yards at a time.. He'll be there
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Who is the official backup? Just wondering for fantasy football related purposes.

Denard Robinson

Then Jordan Todman

Quote:TMD thinks she's hawt.  Meow!

Regarding Gerhart missing practice on Wednesday, hopefully it was just a precaution to give the guy additional time to get that ankle better.  All indications are that he would be on the field on Sunday, and hopefully that's still the case.  Otherwise expect a healthy dose of Shoelace and Todman with the latter being the starter.

Why would Todman start when Shoelace is higher on the depth chart?

JW bringing sense to yet another thread. thanks, JW!