Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is it Just Me?

Or is anyone else chuckling at the rumors that Bill O' Brien could be fired by the Texans if they lose this playoff game?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Makes one wonder. Was he the main catalyst for bringing in Osweiler? Not a good signing by any measure.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Makes one wonder. Was he the main catalyst for bringing in Osweiler? Not a good signing by any measure.

From what I understand, he was not involved with signing Brock at all and didn't want him in the first place
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:From what I understand, he was not involved with signing Brock at all and didn't want him in the first place

This could be true, but idk for sure.

The Texans were desperate for a QB after that complete embarrassment last season, especially in their playoff game. Hoyer was absolutely ATROCIOUS in that game.

They had to do something. The Osweiler move definitely blew up in their faces though, so far.

Quote:From what I understand, he was not involved with signing Brock at all and didn't want him in the first place
If this is the case that would explain his possible lack of concern in being gone and why it was mentioned the separation could be mutual. No HC likes a QB crammed down their throat.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Or is anyone else chuckling at the rumors that Bill O' Brien could be fired by the Texans if they lose this playoff game?

I hope they do and do so before we hire our next coach.  I would be happy to see him coaching the Jaguars next year.

I think he's a good coach. I'd hope he would be a leading candidate here.

I think he stays in Houston regardless of the outcome. But the Charges fired Marty Schottenheimer in 2006 after a 14-2 season so who they hell knows what these owners plan to do until the deed is done.

Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Quote:I think he stays in Houston regardless of the outcome. But the Charges fired Marty Schottenheimer in 2006 after a 14-2 season so who they hell knows what these owners plan to do until the deed is done.
And they've never been that good since

Quote:Or is anyone else chuckling at the rumors that Bill O' Brien could be fired by the Texans if they lose this playoff game?
It's not just you.  

of everything ive read, its more mutual rather than being straight up axed but idk i dont think its a big deal on either side.

Everything I've heard in the written rumor mill seems to indicate a possible split to be mutual.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2017, 04:15 PM by Caldrac.)

I think he's a [BAD WORD REMOVED] head coach. Same as Pagano with the clots. The only reason the texans are relevant is because of that defense and running game. Bill is supposed to be some kind of QB guru or wiz kid and it's been his team's weakest position since he took over. I am not impressed at all. And if he coached in any other division in the NFL he'd already be on the chopping block this off-season. He's King [BAD WORD REMOVED] in a [BAD WORD REMOVED] box division. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

They'd be stupid as heck to fire him. Hopefully they bring in Gus. That would be beautiful.

Quote:I think he's a [BAD WORD REMOVED] head coach. Same as Pagano with the clots. The only reason the texans are relevant is because of that defense and running game. Bill is supposed to be some kind of QB guru or wiz kid and it's been his team's weakest position since he took over. I am not impressed at all. And if he coached in any other division in the NFL he'd already be on the chopping block this off-season. He's King [BAD WORD REMOVED] in a [BAD WORD REMOVED] box division.
The only time the Texans have made significant effort to get a franchise qb they bought a guy Bill didnt even meet beforehand and some are safely assuming might have not wanted. So blaming him for that isnt really a strong argument.

Don't believe everything u read.  Bill O'Brien was involved in the Brock offer.  The Texans would not force a QB on a coach.  Also, Don't believe that BoB will be fired.  Texans' are loyal to a fault.  Not the way the owner operates.  The local beat writers says it is BS.  However, If BoB wants to leave on his own...that is up to him.

It is what it is. McNair wants his HC & GM to be able to work together. For us to get to where we want to be, we've got to be working as one unit. Bob knows that.

So if O'b were to be allowed to leave it would have been because of that.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out Brock's progression has come along as well as we'd have liked. As long as we had a lead in the AFCSouth, we could afford to let him progress at his own pace. But once our lead vanished, we needed to do something different.

McNair was on board with the benching, he even said as much.

I think benching Brock told him this isn't about him. It's about the team. He needs to get his sht together, stop making dumb decisions & play to win.

It was nice to see him start throwing the ball down the field again. Pushing the ball, stressing the defense. His stats still weren't all that. But he got the job done.

Still I can't imagine not drafting a QB this offseason.
ImATexan

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...n-houston/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:The only time the Texans have made significant effort to get a franchise qb they bought a guy Bill didnt even meet beforehand and some are safely assuming might have not wanted. So blaming him for that isnt really a strong argument.

You're still overlooking the fact that he went through two or three QB's last year and virtually did the same thing this year. And I am not blaming him completely for the QB turmoil in houston. I am simply saying that if he didn't have the no. 1 ranked defense and a respectable running game he'd be nowhere in a weak division. The AFC South is garbage. He'd get ate alive right now in the AFC East, NFC North, NFC East, etc. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We went 2-2 against the NFCNorth beating Detroit & Chicago, losing to Minnesota & Green Bay.

We went 1-3 against the AFCWest, beating only Kansas City. We lost to Denver, Oakland, & San Diego (at home).
ImATexan