Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The positivity thread

Quote:[*]Thanks to the lowly Redskins, we know to lower our expectations for this year

[/list]

I really think that the perception of the 'Skins and thus our lost to them will be quite different a month or so from now. Similar to the Chiefs last year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Theoretically, most of the pieces we lack are easy to find in the draft.

Banana  Banana  Banana

That is also what im excited about as well.  People don't look at things like this often until college is almost over or playoff time.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

okay positives are good.   we do have bortles.  young receivers have a ton of potential.  we are a really young team. our recent drafts have a lot of promise. pass rush is better than it has been in years.

Another positive is that I think we can cut Beadles this off season with out a ton of cap penalty of he continues not to live up to his contract.

Quote:Don't you know?  He isn't making Bradley play the rook.  He's obviously a worse human being than Charles Manson.  Obviously.

Hahaha. That made me laugh.

This team will be dramatically different when Bortles is the starting QB.  Take any legitimate starting QB off of their team and the team is pedestrian.  The sooner Blake takes the field the sooner there will be happy times around here.

Quote:This team will be dramatically different when Bortles is the starting QB.  Take any legitimate starting QB off of their team and the team is pedestrian.  The sooner Blake takes the field the sooner there will be happy times around here.

My guess is when Bortles gets in, he will be able to make more plays than Henne but I don't believe he'll magically turn the current roster into a playoff roster.  Eventually he'll become an elite player.  In the meantime, he'll be sacked, make mistakes, and throw his share of picks just like any rookie.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

If we bench Henne now, he can finally finish a season with more TDs than INTs for the first time in his career.

Quote:This thread doesn't stand a chance tho, people love to whine and complain for some reason.  Oh and argue with strangers online, that's a fun one too!
[Image: duty_calls.png]

Quote:If nothing else the first two weeks shows just how important Jonathon Cyprien is.

He's way more than a Donovin Darius clone - he actually has range and ball hawking ability. He's going to be a star.

Cyp is more Polamalu than DD.

Quote:My guess is when Bortles gets in, he will be able to make more plays than Henne but I don't believe he'll magically turn the current roster into a playoff roster.  Eventually he'll become an elite player.  In the meantime, he'll be sacked, make mistakes, and throw his share of picks just like any rookie.
Exactly. Shortly after Bortles gets in I'll be surprised if some of the more kneejerk elements of the message board aren't calling for him to be benched/cut/arrested for impersonating a QB.

Quote:I will participate.

Ryan Davis has played well.  

Inexperience and not being good are two different things, I think our guys are playing inexperienced

Bortles is in the wings...it's only a matter of time

Young WRs are showing some ability

This is a great point that gets missed by some here.  They really feel that these rookies and young players should be productive immediately or they're probably a bust.  I think we have very young, talented players across this roster.  They simply lack the kind of experience you need to be successful in this league.  The WRs are a perfect example of this, as are the young guys on the offensive line.  When they get a little seasoning under their belts, they'll be fine.  It takes time.  The sloppy play we're seeing early in the season will be diminished as things progress. 

Other positive things that I'm seeing from this team include the future potential we all anticipate seeing fulfilled with Blake Bortles.  While many disagree with the approach the team is taking with his development, we all agree that he is a guy who has the capability of being a star in this league.  Whether it happens in week 3 or week 10, it's going to happen.  Patience will be rewarded.

The defense is and will continue to improve as the season progresses.  With the veteran talent we've added, and the young players like Davis and Cyprien starting to come into their own, there's a bright future here.  We got a real taste of it early in the Philly game.  One characteristic of a young team is inconsistency, so we've seen the good and the bad, but there's no doubt the defense is improving, and that it will wind up the season in a much better place than we are in currently. 

We have potential stars in the making like Hurns. and for him to come from the ranks of the undrafted to become a starter in the NFL as a rookie, that's an amazing feat.  He's done more than flash in his first two starts.  There have certainly been stumbles, but as he gains experience, he can only get better. 

I do think we're going to discover that Gerhart is a more effective back than we've seen thus far.  We just need to get the line situation squared away, and we need to recognize where he can be most effective.  I feel the same way about Robinson and what he can do for this team if they can just find a way to utilize his skills properly. 

Telvin Smith is another guy who has shown some potential.  He's green, and will need to learn the nuances of the NFL, but he's definitely a guy I think will become a play maker for this team. 

There are plenty of things to be optimistic about with the Jags moving forward.  It's challenging right now, but that's signature for young teams.  Given time, things will improve, and we'll start to see potential converted to reality. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:My guess is when Bortles gets in, he will be able to make more plays than Henne but I don't believe he'll magically turn the current roster into a playoff roster.  Eventually he'll become an elite player.  In the meantime, he'll be sacked, make mistakes, and throw his share of picks just like any rookie.
In the immortal words of Jules Winfield..."Correctamundo!"

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Another positive is that I think we can cut Beadles this off season with out a ton of cap penalty of he continues not to live up to his contract.
Give Beadles time.  I don't think he's as bad as some are portraying it.  He's been playing with a bad calf since the preseason, and he's just one cog in a group that is struggling as a whole.  Like the rest, as he gets healthy, both he and the line will continue to improve. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

No doubt.  He's not the magic bullet, but he will elevate the play of the offense.  It may not be pretty early on, but I think this kid has the potential to be every bit as good as any young QB in the league right now including guys like Andrew Luck. 

My only concern about getting good is that we could lose the ultimate incentive of buying season tickets -- YES, THE TEAL DEAL BOOK !!!

Quote:My only concern about getting good is that we could lose the ultimate  a damn good incentive of buying season tickets -- YES, THE TEAL DEAL BOOK !!!
Fixed it for ya.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:[Image: duty_calls.png]
Haha, good stuff right there!

I think the WR's look better than last year and our Punter looks better than last year. That was hard.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

We are positively going to get the crap kicked out of us on Sunday.

As far as a real positive....Hurns has played well.

One of these years.............