Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Worried about Jedd Fisch?

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2014, 01:28 PM by q jag.)

Anyone else kinda worried that Jedd Fisch is going to be a bust? I mean the guy has never held a solid job anywhere just look at his resume..

Quote:97 - P.K. Yonge High School (DC)

98 - New Jersey Red Dogs (WR/QC)

99,00 - Florida Gators (GA)

01, 03 - Houston Texans (DQC)

04, 07 - Baltimore Ravens (AQB/AWR)

08 - Denver Broncos (WR)

09 - Minnesota Golden Gophers (OC/QB)

10 - Seattle Seahawks (QB)

11,12 - Miami Hurricanes (OC/QB)

13 current - Jacksonville Jaguars (OC)

Source: Wikipedia page

EDIT: I apologize the information won't copy correctly from wikipedia but the positions correlate to the dates in order

Not to mention some of the play calling has been questionable. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My concern is that he does to Bortles what IND is doing to Luck. Turning a good talent into a game manager.

I just want him to call compitent plays on 1st and 3rd down.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Oh lord, here we go again. It's like deja vu around here.  The same nonsense was being said last year, then the team started executing and everything was better.  These players are playing like garbage, what do you expect the OC to do, run pass block and catch for them?

And he changed positions because he accepted promotions, that's what you do if you aspire to move up in this world.

I thought he was just going to be a one year guy since we all knew last year was a tank season.  Unfortunately they brought him back.  Bortles is basically learning an offense that wont be here long term.

Quote:I just want him to call compitent plays on 1st and 3rd down.
You mean you want the players to execute the plays he calls on first and third down.  Talent and execution is what it's all about folks.  Stop with the foolishness.

Quote:Oh lord, here we go again. It's like deja vu around here.  The same nonsense was being said last year, then the team started executing and everything was better.  These players are playing like garbage, what do you expect the OC to do, run pass block and catch for them?

And he changed positions because he accepted promotions, that's what you do if you aspire to move up in this world.

How is going from Denver Broncos to Minnesota golden gophers a promotion?

Quote:Oh lord, here we go again. It's like deja vu around here.  The same nonsense was being said last year, then the team started executing and everything was better.  These players are playing like garbage, what do you expect the OC to do, run pass block and catch for them?

I love how you refer to 4 garbage wins as "started executing and everything was better". 

Quote:How is going from Denver Broncos to Minnesota golden gophers a promotion?
QB/OC > WR.  If he sees it has a stepping stone, he jumps on it.  It obviously worked.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2014, 01:28 PM by JaG4LyFe.)

We dissected him last year...old news...he not good.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I'll be more concerned if the offense looks bad with Bortles.

We can't complain we have a terrible QB, a slow running back and an awful offensive line and then say why isn't the OC doing a good job.

And using his resume as some sort of justification is silly. He's a coach. Coaches change jobs.

Quote:How is going from Denver Broncos to Minnesota golden gophers a promotion?

NFL wide receiver coach to college offensive coordinator is a promotion.

Quote: 

And using his resume as some sort of justification is silly. He's a coach. Coaches change jobs.

Why is it silly? He is doing a job just like any other career. It isn't concerning that someone trying to make a career out of their profession could not hold a position for 3 years anywhere over the course of his career?

Sure I may be over reacting but just looking up his "accolades" if you will had gotten me to question the guy. I understand he has a raggedy team to work with but some of the ways they use people just doesn't look right... i.e. trying to run Gerhart to the outside game after game.

Quote:I'll be more concerned if the offense looks bad with Bortles.

We can't complain we have a terrible QB, a slow running back and an awful offensive line and then say why isn't the OC doing a good job.

Exactly!  How bad was Fisch when Bortles was lighting it up to the tune of 10+ YPA?  It's all about execution.

Quote:NFL wide receiver coach to college offensive coordinator is a promotion.
Yup

Quote:Why is it silly? He is doing a job just like any other career. It isn't concerning that someone trying to make a career out of their profession could not hold a position for 3 years anywhere over the course of his career?
Ok, come on now.  Coaching is like any other career?  When did you start following football?

Quote:You mean you want the players to execute the plays he calls on first and third down.  Talent and execution is what it's all about folks.  Stop with the foolishness.

No Talent Henne = Garbage

But throwing on 1st down with Henne and this o-line = Disaster.

Knowing we cant run teh ball due to blocking or throw the ball due to skill would make you scheme up something you would think.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:Why is it silly? He is doing a job just like any other career. It isn't concerning that someone trying to make a career out of their profession could not hold a position for 3 years anywhere over the course of his career?

He's a young assistant football coach. It's part of the job. That is his career. Keep on moving up. That is what he has done.

Quote:Sure I may be over reacting but just looking up his "accolades" if you will had gotten me to question the guy. I understand he has a raggedy team to work with but some of the ways they use people just doesn't look right... i.e. trying to run Gerhart to the outside game after game.
If he ran him up the middle to no avail, you'd also complain.  Did you watch Gerhart in Minnesota?  Execution and talent is what's missing here. Players not plays.