Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Worried about Jedd Fisch?

Quote:He's a young assistant football coach. It's part of the job. That is his career. Keep on moving up. That is what he has done.
I was on this speil last year, i don't undertand why it's so hard for some to see?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Talent + Henne = Garbage

But throwing on 1st down with Henne and this o-line = Disaster.

Knowing we cant run teh ball due to blocking or throw the ball due to skill would make you scheme up something you would think.
This is the greatest post ever.  Ok, we can't run and we can't pass, but we should scheme up something.  Ha!  What, punt and hope for a pick six?

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2014, 01:40 PM by q jag.)

Quote:Exactly!  How bad was Fisch when Bortles was lighting it up to the tune of 10+ YPA?  It's all about execution

True...but that was mainly against 2nd string defenses and often passing all 3 downs with Bortles making the clutch plays. Essentially just testing the guys arm.

Last year he schemed up a few trick plays but that can never be a staple.  Apparently, he wanted to do more, but was held back.  What else do you want from the guy?

Not worried about him at all right now.  When he's calling plays for Bortles in 2015 we'll see how good he is.  

I'm too lazy to look but I bet his resume is similar to a lot of coaches working their way through the football world.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:True...but that was mainly against 2nd string defenses and often passing all 3 downs with Bortles making the clutch plays. Essentially just testing the guys arm.
Oh, so you mean we had better talent and execution for those play calls?  Interesting.

Quote:If he ran him up the middle to no avail, you'd also complain.  Did you watch Gerhart in Minnesota?  Execution and talent is what's missing here. Players not plays.

I guess you didn't watch him either.  Youtube Gerhart highlights from MIN and the only running plays you will see from him are Power O, Iso, draws..... which we have done NONE of.  All we do is the stretch play that suits him very poorly.

Quote:I'm too lazy to look but I bet his resume is similar to a lot of coaches working their way through the football world.

No. He's the only coach ever to change jobs.

Quote:Last year he schemed up a few trick plays but that can never be a staple.  Apparently, he wanted to do more, but was held back.  What else do you want from the guy?

1.  Stop running Gerhart out wide

2.  Draw up a plan to attack all out blitzes that include something other than Henne dropping back and getting sacked

Quote:This is the greatest post ever.  Ok, we can't run and we can't pass, but we should scheme up something.  Ha!  What, punt and hope for a pick six?

Ok, so you mean we should continue to throw on 1st down and incomplete passes?

2nd down, run a stretch play were everyone misses blocking assignments?

3rd down, throw short of the sticks?

Please let me know what we should do. Or do you not understand the complexity of the word scheme?

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

I think Fisch is handcuffed at calling plays when he's dealing with 3 rookies on the offensive line and 3 rookie wide receivers.  I will say, however, that the play-action QB roll out to the right is being called too often.  A DE is going to sit back and pick off Henne soon.

"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Quote:1.  Stop running Gerhart out wide

2.  Draw up a plan to attack all out blitzes that include something other than Henne dropping back and getting sacked

:yes:

#iamlegend

Quote:I guess you didn't watch him either.  Youtube Gerhart highlights from MIN and the only running plays you will see from him are Power O, Iso, draws..... which we have done NONE of.  All we do is the stretch play that suits him very poorly.

Exactly. Let him stick to his strengths. They are trying to use him like an all-around back which we all know he is not. I know the run blocking has been pretty bad but you need to do the best you can with what you have. The stretch plays should be left to the faster backs who can get around the edge in time to break free.

Quote:I think Fisch is handcuffed at calling plays when he's dealing with 3 rookies on the offensive line and 3 rookie wide receivers.  I will say, however, that the play-action QB roll out to the right is being called too often.  A DE is going to sit back and pick off Henne soon.

Dont forget the 7 year rookie at QB.

#iamlegend

Quote:I think Fisch is handcuffed at calling plays when he's dealing with 3 rookies on the offensive line and 3 rookie wide receivers.  I will say, however, that the play-action QB roll out to the right is being called too often.  A DE is going to sit back and pick off Henne soon.

There were some decent WR free agents this off-season and we didn't grab one of them. I'm sure with glassman hurt, this rookie WR thing will continue to buy them more time.

Exactly.  You cant be calling a PA stretch play 3-5 times a game when the stretch play doesn't even work.  It's sacked at least 50% of the time.

I gave Jeff Gordon the keys to a 2008 Hyundai Elentra. Why can't he win the Indy 500??

Quote:I gave Jeff Gordon the keys to a 2008 Hyundai Elentra. Why can't he win the Indy 500??

He has a Ferrari in the garage he can't use because then we might actually win a game and really screw things up for us

You're pointing the finger in the wrong direction:

Quote:Bradley said that the number of

mental errors that Marqise Lee, Allen Hurns and Allen Robinson made in the Week Two loss to the Redskins was in the “double digits.” He termed that “far too many” and said that the team has already pared back the playbook to a point where he feels the players should be able to handle what’s asked of them.

“Are we asking too much? Is there too much in the game plan? Or, in turn, do they need to be held accountable for what we’re asking them to do and they need to feel a stronger sense of accountability?” Bradley said, via theFlorida Times-Union. “It’s a young group, but that’s no excuse. We’re all in the NFL now. The demands we place on them, they have to be able to handle that. We’ve already cut back quite a bit. I think at times we’ve got to teach some of the players that the responsibility falls on them.”

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/gus-bradley-%E2%80%9Cfar-too-many%E2%80%9D-mental-errors-wide-receivers'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/gus-bradley-%E2%80%9Cfar-too-many%E2%80%9D-mental-errors-wide-receivers</a>

Should the coaching staff go out onto the field and run routes, pass, and run block too?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."