Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Worried about Jedd Fisch?

Quote:You're pointing the finger in the wrong direction:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/gus-bradley-%E2%80%9Cfar-too-many%E2%80%9D-mental-errors-wide-receivers'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/gus-bradley-%E2%80%9Cfar-too-many%E2%80%9D-mental-errors-wide-receivers</a>

Should the coaching staff go out onto the field and run routes, pass, and run block too?

Lee & Hurns said that out of the 10, only 1 was their fault.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He has a Ferrari in the garage he can't use because then we might actually win a game and really screw things up for us

Right. People are blaming the wrong guy if they are trying to blame Fisch.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2014, 01:56 PM by badger.)

Quote:You're pointing the finger in the wrong direction:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/gus-bradley-%E2%80%9Cfar-too-many%E2%80%9D-mental-errors-wide-receivers'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/gus-bradley-%E2%80%9Cfar-too-many%E2%80%9D-mental-errors-wide-receivers</a>

Should the coaching staff go out onto the field and run routes, pass, and run block too?

I have my doubts that the playbook, in it's entirety, is even worth learning.

Quote:Right. People are blaming the wrong guy if they are trying to blame Fisch.

Stiil, my point stands about how he is using our running backs.  Not nearly enough HB screens and he's gone full [BLEEP] on how to use Gerhart.

Quote:Stiil, my point stands about how he is using our running backs.  Not nearly enough HB screens and he's gone full [BLEEP] on how to use Gerhart.

It all comes back to the QB. Nobody is afraid of what Henne will do. Reserve judgement for until he has a competent QB.

Quote:How is going from Denver Broncos to Minnesota golden gophers a promotion?
Did you bother to look at the context behind the moves?  You ask why he'd go from Denver to a college program.  Did you look to see why he might have left Denver?  Did you bother to notice the head coach was fired after the 2008 season? 

Quote:Why is it silly? He is doing a job just like any other career. It isn't concerning that someone trying to make a career out of their profession could not hold a position for 3 years anywhere over the course of his career?

You could look at the resume of just about any coach in the NFL who isn't a head coach, and it would read more like a road atlas.  These coaches move on after a year or two as they climb the ladder in the ranks.  3 years in the same position for a position coach or a coordinator is not necessarily a good thing.  Good coordinators wind up being tapped for head coaching positions.  Good position coaches wind up getting pulled to a higher level or they become coordinators.  Trying to look at his job record and use that as any sort of an indication of the quality of the coach is indeed silly.

We saw the same kind of nonsense last year.  Then suddenly the offense started to improve and he was magically a good coordinator.  The offense struggles early this year with a completely revamped line, rushing attack, and receiving corps, and we're back to this stuff again.  Give it some time. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I think Fisch is handcuffed at calling plays when he's dealing with 3 rookies on the offensive line and 3 rookie wide receivers. I will say, however, that the play-action QB roll out to the right is being called too often. A DE is going to sit back and pick off Henne soon.

Yep, I believe he had scaled back the playbook because of the rookies. I think a smaller number of options results in less variety but I think that roll out idea of his is a staple regardless. As is the end around stuff he tries to do with Gerhart. Hoping once they can scale the playbook back up it will help them be less predictable and maybe they'll have better luck with it.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:It all comes back to the QB. Nobody is afraid of what Henne will do. Reserve judgement for until he has a competent QB.

This zone stretch scheme has nothing to do with Henne.... other than the fact that it suits him very poorly.  If you know Henne is your QB, why are you asking him to run bootlegs?  Why are you not taking pressure off him with HB screens?

If Gerhart is your running back, why are you asking him to run sideways?  It makes no sense.  This is common sense stuff here.

This OC is gone after this year.

Quote:I believe he had scaled back the playbook because of the rookies. I think a smaller number of options results in less variety but I think that roll out idea of his is a staple regardless. As is the end around stuff he tries to do with Gerhart. Hoping once they can scale the playbook back up it will help them be less predictable and maybe they'll have better luck with it.
Gus actually confirmed this in the pregame show last week.  They've had to dumb down the playbook to help the rookies.  Getting Shorts back, and gaining experience will help to open up the playbook. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Gus actually confirmed this in the pregame show last week. They've had to dumb down the playbook to help the rookies. Getting Shorts back, and gaining experience will help to open up the playbook.

Good to know. Hopefully with that and some of the defensive guys actually learning the defensive alignments, things will get back on track.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:This zone stretch scheme has nothing to do with Henne.... other than the fact that it suits him very poorly.  If you know Henne is your QB, why are you asking him to run bootlegs?  Why are you not taking pressure off him with HB screens?

If Gerhart is your running back, why are you asking him to run sideways?  It makes no sense.  This is common sense stuff here.

This OC is gone after this year.

I really doubt it.

Fisch is the least of our issues.

Quote:I really doubt it.

Fisch is the least of our issues.

A defensive head coach with the 32nd ranked offense cant bring back the current OC.  Then this talk about nobody knowing the playbook will be meaningless when all 11 starters on offense learn a new playbook during the offseason/training camp.

Plenty of teams learned new playbooks the year of the strike with a very short training camp and no offseason.  This talk about "opening up the playbook" is the same crap excuse we have heard for YEARS.  "Wait until we open up the playbook, then you will see some great things."  No, we wont.  This offense is nothing special and is definitely expendable.

Quote:Ok, so you mean we should continue to throw on 1st down and incomplete passes? - Execution

2nd down, run a stretch play were everyone misses blocking assignments? - Execution

3rd down, throw short of the sticks? - Henne Checkdown.

Please let me know what we should do. Or do you not understand the complexity of the word scheme? I understand scheme completely.  You need players and execution.  It's not that complicated!

as i've been saying, Fisch is a problem

Quote:A defensive head coach with the 32nd ranked offense cant bring back the current OC.  Then this talk about nobody knowing the playbook will be meaningless when all 11 starters on offense learn a new playbook during the offseason/training camp.

Plenty of teams learned new playbooks the year of the strike with a very short training camp and no offseason.  This talk about "opening up the playbook" is the same crap excuse we have heard for YEARS.  "Wait until we open up the playbook, then you will see some great things."  No, we wont.  This offense is nothing special and is definitely expendable.

I'll wait to see what the offense looks like after Bortles takes over, which will be soon.

Quote:Anyone else kinda worried that Jedd Fisch is going to be a bust? I mean the guy has never held a solid job anywhere just look at his resume..

Source: Wikipedia page

EDIT: I apologize the information won't copy correctly from wikipedia but the positions correlate to the dates in order

Not to mention some of the play calling has been questionable. 

Haha, there's not a doubt in my mind that Jedd Fisch knows a thing or two about offense, suggesting he doesn't have the credentials is comical. Do you think the Jaguars (a professional football organization) would hire a guy that didn't know what the heck he was doing? Come on man, don't be this dense. The offenses ineffectiveness has nothing to do with Jedd, and everything to do with an historically bad offensive line, rookie receivers, and a Chad Henne cherry on top.

Quote:I'll wait to see what the offense looks like after Bortles takes over, which will be soon.

Bryan Anger says you're wrong.

Quote:Bryan Anger says you're wrong.

Jedd Fisch says Bortles is ready though.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Jedd Fisch says Bortles is ready though.

Does he?

Quote:Does he?

http://fansided.com/2014/09/17/jaguars-o...%20on%20FS

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

People complained about Dirk Koetter as well, any coach that makes it to the NFL level (especially as a coordinator) is more than competent. They know the inner workings of offense/defense like the back of their hand, they are the true X's & O's guys, the head coach is there to lead. Let's judge Jedd when he has some competent pieces to work with.