Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Worried about Jedd Fisch?

Quote:http://fansided.com/2014/09/17/jaguars-o...%20on%20FS
Okay.  He's mentally ready.  Fisch didn't mention anything about whether he was at a point in overhauling his mechanics to be ready, did he?

I think they're close to making the switch, but odds are the shuffling of the offensive line has at least some impact on the timing.  Oehser said it today, and that's been mentioned in other outlets as well. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Here's the Fisch press conference. 

Listen to the very end where he talks about the fact that they aren't as concerned about setting Bortles up for failure as they are about not blaming Chad for things he's not responsible for.

And when he said Bortles was mentally ready, listen to the question, and the context of his response in total. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2014, 04:08 PM by Jags32250.)

Quote:A defensive head coach with the 32nd ranked offense cant bring back the current OC.  Then this talk about nobody knowing the playbook will be meaningless when all 11 starters on offense learn a new playbook during the offseason/training camp.

Plenty of teams learned new playbooks the year of the strike with a very short training camp and no offseason.  This talk about "opening up the playbook" is the same crap excuse we have heard for YEARS.  "Wait until we open up the playbook, then you will see some great things."  No, we wont.  This offense is nothing special and is definitely expendable.

And yet with a horrid O-line, rookie receivers, a scaled back playbook and Chad Henne at QB, this offense still is producing more yards per attempt than Andrew Luck and Tom Brady!  Like that perspective?

Fisch is aggressive and will have a fun offense when the appropriate personnel can execute.  He's never had that, give him a chance!!

Quote:And yet with a horrid O-line, rookie receivers, a scaled back playbook and Chad Henne at QB, this offense still is producing more yards per attempt than Andrew Luck!  Fisch is aggressive and will have a fun offense when the appropriate personnel can execute.  He's never had that, give him a chance!!

None of that changes the fact that he refuses to utilize the strengths of the players we do have.  Henne's strength is not throwing on the run.  Gerhart's strength is not running outside the tackles.  These are simple adjustments that should have been made weeks ago.

Quote:None of that changes the fact that he refuses to utilize the strengths of the players we do have.  Henne's strength is not throwing on the run.  Gerhart's strength is not running outside the tackles.  These are simple adjustments that should have been made weeks ago.

How are you going to manufacture a pocket when no one can block?

And Gerhart has been lights out up the middle, eh?  I think you shouldn't worry your brain about it and let Fisch do his job.  He knows better than you.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2014, 04:23 PM by badger.)

Quote:How are you going to manufacture a pocket when no one can block?

And Gerhart has been lights out up the middle, eh?  I think you shouldn't worry your brain about it and let Fisch do his job.  He knows better than you.

It's true our line cant block, but it doesn't take a genius to know that Gerhart is not the kind of guy who should be running toward the sideline.  It just makes a bad situation worse.

Again, the same with Henne.  Don't make a bad situation worse by asking him to do things he isn't good at.  That makes NO SENSE.  And Fisch isn't helping him with simple HB screens that would have worked against the blitz last game.

So, in this case, I do know better than Fisch apparently.  Use Toby like they did in MIN and Stanford.

Watch the analysis on the running game on BCC.  5 of Toby's 7 carries were stretch plays to the outside.

Quote:It's true our line cant block, but it doesn't take a genius to know that Gerhart is not the kind of guy who should be running toward the sideline.  It just makes a bad situation worse.

Again, the same with Henne.  Don't make a bad situation worse by asking him to do things he isn't good at.  That makes NO SENSE.  And Fisch isn't helping him with simple HB screens that would have worked against the blitz last game.

So, in this case, I do know better than Fisch apparently.  Use Toby like they did in MIN and Stanford.

Watch the analysis on the running game on BCC.  5 of Toby's 7 carries were stretch plays to the outside.

Listen i want Gerhart to be successful as much as anyone, but it's easy to see it's not the OCs fault.  He's trying everything, yet nothing is being executed.  It's easy to say use him as they did in Min and Stanford but there's only one problem, we still can't block and won't open lanes the same.  Until this O Line gels or gets better or whatever you want to call it, if it ever happens, i think we'll have a very unsuccesful running game i don't care who's calling the plays.

If we get Pasztor back -  and Bowanko can hold down the center position to at least "solid" most of the time  - and Bortles is starting - then we'll know if Fisch is the problem. 

If those three things happen in a couple weeks or so and we still can't score 20 points - then I'll jump on the "fire Fisch" wagon.  Until then - I don't think he's had enough to work with to be properly evaluated. 

Quote:If we get Pasztor back -  and Bowanko can hold down the center position to at least "solid" most of the time  - and Bortles is starting - then we'll know if Fisch is the problem. 

If those three things happen in a couple weeks or so and we still can't score 20 points - then I'll jump on the "fire Fisch" wagon.  Until then - I don't think he's had enough to work with to be properly evaluated. 
I think you have to add shorts into that mix as well, and it's still thin.  3 rookie receivers, Lewis hurt, Gerhart yet to show production.  With that said, if the above happens, i'd expect to see a decent increase in productivity.

Quote:A defensive head coach with the 32nd ranked offense cant bring back the current OC.  Then this talk about nobody knowing the playbook will be meaningless when all 11 starters on offense learn a new playbook during the offseason/training camp.

Plenty of teams learned new playbooks the year of the strike with a very short training camp and no offseason.  This talk about "opening up the playbook" is the same crap excuse we have heard for YEARS.  "Wait until we open up the playbook, then you will see some great things."  No, we wont.  This offense is nothing special and is definitely expendable.

You are clueless.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>