Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2014 NFL TV Distribution Maps - Week 3

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2014, 01:01 PM by AmeliaIsland.)

Tom McCarthy, and former NFL defensive back Adam Archuleta, are announcing the Jaguars AFC South showdown with Andrew Luck and the Colts regional early doubleheader game for The NFL On CBS, and televised live on WJAX-TV CBS Channel 47, live on HD.  :yes:

WJAX-TV CBS 47 is also televising the Chiefs @ Dolphins NFL On CBS late regional doubleheader game, while  WFOX-TV Channel 30 is televising the 49ers @ Cardinals late singleheader game and NFC West showdown on The NFL On FOX, both games also seen live on HD.  Smile  B)  :thumbsup:   ^_^

http://506sports.com/

http://www.the506.com/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That sucks !!  We have to watch the crappy Miami game at 4pm rather then the Denver/Seattle matchup !!!   Looks like I'll be at our local sports bar.

Pensacola finally gets some love... likely due to Indy... I'm really surprised this area didn't draw Oakland @ NE. I'll take it!

Quote:That sucks !!  We have to watch the crappy Miami game at 4pm rather then the Denver/Seattle matchup !!!   Looks like I'll be at our local sports bar.
Sure you won't be too busy partying from the Henne led W over the clots?

Quote:That sucks !!  We have to watch the crappy Miami game at 4pm rather then the Denver/Seattle matchup !!!   Looks like I'll be at our local sports bar.

A week after we got stuck with St Louis/Tampa instead of Seattle/San Diego.

I tweeted Brent Martineau about this last year and he said it is out of their hands. I'd like to know whose hands it is in because it seems like every TV station in America except Action News what game they get. The only exceptions being primary market games and secondary market road games (like Jags in orlando). But somehow we get stuck with crappy Bucs and Dolphins games.

Quote:A week after we got stuck with St Louis/Tampa instead of Seattle/San Diego.

I tweeted Brent Martineau about this last year and he said it is out of their hands. I'd like to know whose hands it is in because it seems like every TV station in America except Action News what game they get. The only exceptions being primary market games and secondary market road games (like Jags in orlando). But somehow we get stuck with crappy Bucs and Dolphins games.
It has to do with the local CBS affiliate making the choice based on what will draw ratings for their market.

They assume in central and south Florida there are more people that care about the outcome of Miami's games than Denver's.

Here in Northwest Florida our AFC games are almost always AFCE (miami in particular, Jets games when Favre QBd) or AFC teams that are playing NFCS teams due to the influx of Saints fans here after Katrina.

I remember here though the Jags were played regularly on TV, when they were winning... like mid 2000s and mid to late 90s. 

Quote:It has to do with the local CBS affiliate making the choice based on what will draw ratings for their market.

They assume in central and south Florida there are more people that care about the outcome of Miami's games than Denver's.

Here in Northwest Florida our AFC games are almost always AFCE (miami in particular, Jets games when Favre QBd) or AFC teams that are playing NFCS teams due to the influx of Saints fans here after Katrina.

I remember here though the Jags were played regularly on TV, when they were winning... like mid 2000s and mid to late 90s. 

More people in Jacksonville want to watch 0-2 KC at 1-1 Miami than a Super Bowl rematch?

Quote:More people in Jacksonville want to watch 0-2 KC at 1-1 Miami than a Super Bowl rematch?
LoL probably not...

But CBS thinks there are more Phins fans in the area than Bronco's fans.....

You always have the option of flipping over to FOX to watch the Cards and San Fran.

Quote:LoL probably not...

But CBS thinks there are more Phins fans in the area than Bronco's fans.....

You always have the option of flipping over to FOX to watch the Cards and San Fran.

I can hardly contain myself

Even though I'll miss the Seattle game, I'm happy that Orlando will finally get a Jags home game.  But it's only because Miami is playing @ 4.

Ahhh RedZone....

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:That sucks!  We have to watch the crappy Miami game at 4pm rather then the Denver/Seattle matchup!  Looks like I'll be at our local sports bar.

You got that right. CBS should know just living anywhere in Florida does not make us Dolphins fans. In almost three years down here, I have not met a single Dolphins fan.

Quote:More people in Jacksonville want to watch 0-2 KC at 1-1 Miami than a Super Bowl rematch?

I agree with you there. CBS needs to learn people in northern Florida are not Dolphins fans because the Jaguars are their local team. I guess they think because the Jaguars are only 20 years old and the Dolphins started playing in 1965, many people in the area like both teams.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2014, 04:40 PM by Raven09s.)

Quote:I agree with you there. CBS needs to learn people in northern Florida are not Dolphins fans because the Jaguars are their local team. I guess they think because the Jaguars are only 20 years old and the Dolphins started playing in 1965, many people in the area like both teams.

It's not about learning what their people want.  It's about contracts, money, local affiliates, etc.  

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2014, 04:57 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

lol .... kind of funny to think that we are complaining about watching Miami given the fact that we were defending the Jags when Orlando signed us up for their secondary market; ultimately favoring the Jags games instead of showing the Dolphins games.   HA !!!   

Regarding the Bucs - that has to be the most boring team in the world to watch !!

Quote:lol .... kind of funny to think that we are complaining about watching Miami given the fact that we were defending the Jags when Orlando signed us up for their secondary market; ultimately favoring the Jags games instead of showing the Dolphins games.   HA !!!   

Regarding the Bucs - that has to be the most boring team in the world to watch !!

It's about not getting good games for the second week in a row. Don't cater to fans of other teams. If I was in Miami and not a Jaguar fan I woudn't want watch a Jaguars-Chiefs game over one of the premier games of the regular season.

Quote:It's about not getting good games for the second week in a row. Don't cater to fans of other teams. If I was in Miami and not a Jaguar fan I woudn't want watch a Jaguars-Chiefs game over one of the premier games of the regular season.

Of course one of the premier games of the regular season does not involve Miami. But I bet CBS will think people in southern Florida don't care as long as they get to see their Dolphins.