Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
When do your daily actions toward the season change?

Face it.  In someway or another, all of us still have a glimmer of hope in one way or another.  I found myself rooting against the Colts on MNF just in case the Jags put something together.  That said, I ask you what is your breaking point to where your daily actions change and you no longer look at the standings or you no longer root against the AFC teams for wild card purposes.  Does a loss this weekend (0-3) have you shifting gears to the point where you don't look at the standings and you start pulling up 2015 Mock Draft sites?  Does 0-4 do it?   I think a loss this weekend coupled with a Houston win does it for me.  We'd be 3 games back and the Texans have the Raiders & Giants back to back whereas the Jags face the Colts and @ SD.  A loss this weekend pretty much puts us at 0-4 (assuming a west coast loss the following week).   Perhaps you're already there.  Does anyone even look to see who the Texans & Titans play this week and do the "what ifs" ?

Just curious to see if most of us are on the same page ....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think a loss today, especially if it's similar to the Washington one, would do it for me.

I'll still go to all the games and have fun, but I won't worry about standings.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I think a loss today, especially if it's similar to the Washington one, would do it for me.

I'll still go to all the games and have fun, but I won't worry about standings.

I don't think I've worried about standings the last 3-4 seasons..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

It seems most of you people were disingenuous with your expectations of the teams performance this year. I'm not going to go back and find specific predictions but I know most of you were not expecting any more than 4-6 wins. Why the sudden change?

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:It seems most of you people were disingenuous with your expectations of the teams performance this year. I'm not going to go back and find specific predictions but I know most of you were not expecting any more than 4-6 wins. Why the sudden change?

I think the sudden change is due to the deja vu all over again from last year.  Getting throttled by one of the worst teams in the league has certainly ruined some of that optimism.  I was hoping for 6 wins, but I think we'd be lucky to win 4 after watching that dumpster fire.  I don't think Jags fans as a whole are mad that we are 0-2...it's how we got to 0-2 that has people upset.

One of these years.............

I always root against the other AFC teams and I always root for the Jags to win, regardless. I'm always aware of the standings although I don't check 'em every day so don't really change my behavior based on the team's performance. Kinda old school that way I guess.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:It seems most of you people were disingenuous with your expectations of the teams performance this year. I'm not going to go back and find specific predictions but I know most of you were not expecting any more than 4-6 wins. Why the sudden change?

I agree with this and it makes me laugh a little. I had commented about the pendulum really moving back the other way after the pre-season. I understand the disgust with the first two performances but still a loss is still just a loss. I also predict the mental errors on defense to get cleaned up, the team will play better, and the pendulum will swing wildly back the other way. ;-)
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Jagwired - you are absolutely correct.  As a REALIST, I expected 4-6 wins.  That doesn't mean I don't have HOPE that I could be wrong or this team could exceed my expectations.  That said, I still felt myself rooting against AFC teams for wild card purposes and I rooted against divisional opponent, the Indy Colts on MNF.  With a loss this weekend, I really don't think I'd find myself rooting against Buffalo for the sake of playoff purposes.  I'll most likely still root against the other AFC South teams just because I hate them.

When we lose divisional games it'll be hard to expect any playoff hope.

Quote:When we lose divisional games it'll be hard to expect any playoff hope.

lol at playoff hope.  It's hillarious to look back on the off season and see the difference in expectations.  I don't think playoff hope is optimism...it's from being high.  This team would struggle making the college football playoff.

One of these years.............

Does someone actually keep track of wins and losses? I thought everyone just got a participation trophy at the end of the year for getting better
A good loser is a good loser

I've already started to make a change. I'm stocking up on a lot more alcohol before the game.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I've already started to make a change. I'm stocking up on a lot more alcohol before the game.
When you say "stocking up" are you referring to the fridge or in your gut pre-game
A good loser is a good loser

There is no "breaking point" for me. I have to worry about the other AFC teams who are clearly playoff contenders until the Broncos clinch the #1 seed in the playoffs. As a Ravens hater, I also have to worry about teams who can help Baltimore get in the playoffs.  But as a Jaguars fan I stop thinking about the possibility of a playoff berth if we win no games in September.

As of now I'm just hoping for the day Bortles starts.  Until that happens I'm not very optimistic.

Quote:When you say "stocking up" are you referring to the fridge or in your gut pre-game

Right now just the fridge. Two more weeks like the last two and it will be the other.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I just hope they can win a game.

Yes, but I also had a prediction of -160.  We're already at -48.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I (very optimistically) hoped to go 8-8 and that gave way for a dream of the play-offs if every little other thing went our way. Honestly, after the Eagles game I still had hopes to go 8-8. Halfway through the Redskins game I was really dissapointed and now pretty much accept that the Jaguars aren't going to the play-offs and I probably won't think they're out til they're 0-4.

Still, now instead of thinking if we're going to make it to the playoffs or not, I'm waiting to see Bortles.

Lucky

Quite the opposite for me, I only care about this season after Bortles is starting at QB, so when will that be? Stay tuned folks!

"I just know we need to win." - Coach Jack Del Rio