Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bad Behavior Free Ride is OVER

<b>Anheuser-Busch statement:</b>

We are disappointed and increasingly concerned by the recent incidents that have overshadowed this NFL season. We are not yet satisfied with the league’s handling of behaviors that so clearly go against our own company culture and moral code. We have shared our concerns and expectations with the league.

The guantlet has been thrown down by the largest NFL advertiser.

I expect that the NFLPA and the League will march hand in hand on this.

No good in killing the Goose that lays the Golden Egg.

Deactivating AP is just the beginning.

There is going to be a painful learning experience ahead as a Jock Culture is about to be changed quickly.

Culture is naturally slow to change when you have been immortal since middle school.

Behavior will change when the money dries up overnight.

I expect that there will be indefinate and lifetime suspensions in the future.

Will 8 game suspensions become the norm?

I am suprised that it took this long.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:<b>Anheuser-Busch statement:</b>

We are disappointed and increasingly concerned by the recent incidents that have overshadowed this NFL season. We are not yet satisfied with the league’s handling of behaviors that so clearly go against our own company culture and moral code. We have shared our concerns and expectations with the league.

There is going to be a painful learning experience ahead as a Jock Culture is about to be changed quickly.

Culture is naturally slow to change when you have been immortal since middle school.

HeadSlap

Why are you surprised?  There was never any real outrage over suspensions in the past, and most of it was a fairly selfish reason.  People wanted to see their teams and players play.  People complained that Goodell was too harsh before any of this happened and that people were being suspended for too many games for the things they were doing.  Now somehow people want to forget all of that and act like in one instance Goodell didnt do enough.  At the end of this, people are going to be glad Goodell was there to enforce the penalty for the stupidity of its players.

There was a little outrage about the Ray Rice issue when it first came out and that two games wasn't enough.  People were going to move on from that though and it was going to happen quietly. 

The Ray Rice video changed it all.  If that video never came out, Adrian Peterson would be playing this week and probably last...without a doubt.

AB, SAB, Coke, Frito Lay and others 5 years ago spoke to the League about behavior and their concerns.

I agree that the Ray Rice video was the perfect storm that pushed it all over the edge, I am suprised that it took the League 5 years to finally address these actions. There was outrage and letters written to advertisers previously, but there was no standardized protocol or procedcedralized action for disicipline.

Now there is the beginning of a protocol and it is going to be a big change.

HeadSlap

[Image: ZfoS4wI.png]

Laughing

Quote:[Image: ZfoS4wI.png]

Laughing

My thoughts exactly.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:My thoughts exactly.

Does this mean everyone contributing to the booze and beer threads, especially the folks expressing infatuation with beer, are domestic abusers?

AB is not the villain here, nor is their threat of withholding revenue unreasonable.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Does this mean everyone contributing to the booze and beer threads, especially the folks expressing infatuation with beer, are domestic abusers?

AB is not the villain here, nor is their threat of withholding revenue unreasonable.
Its just the fact that a beer company is going after someone on a moral standpoint. Just seems kinda weird

It's nice to see one of the biggest sponsors of the NFL step in.  I'm guessing Arian Foster will be the next RB we find out committed some act of domestic violence.  The way he's treating AB like this.

It's too bad we won't see a similar response in the NCAA.  Where covering up crimes is 'okay' as long as it's for the good of football.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Does this mean everyone contributing to the booze and beer threads, especially the folks expressing infatuation with beer, are domestic abusers?

No. But its a bit ironic that a company that sells a product which impairs judgement wants to chastise someone who showed lack of judgement...while intoxicated.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Yeah AB. You tell them.

Suspendedly yours,

Josh Gordon, Justin Blackmon and others.

Otis Elevator pulling out as well. Ray Rice is a bad tenant.

Whackos and other men's clubs stopping. PAC Man Jones is another poor example that these clubs think give them a bad name. Making it rain, indeed.

ESPN hires Ray Lewis as an analyst because he only hindered a murder investigation. Yet they're all over the latest news on player misconduct. So maybe Rice and AP won't be out of work too long.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:No. But its a bit ironic that a company that sells a product which impairs judgement wants to chastise someone who showed lack of judgement...while intoxicated.
So if someone beats their wife or kids, that's because of alcohol? Do we know that AP or Rice was intoxicated when they did what they did?

AF needs to get off his high horse. What is AB suppose to do? Keep their mouth shut?

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2014, 12:07 PM by HeadSlap.)

Quote:No. But its a bit ironic that a company that sells a product which impairs judgement wants to chastise someone who showed lack of judgement...while intoxicated.
Yes alcohol abused impares judgement.
Just about anything abused will impare judgement.

Enjoying AB products prudently and wisely has been a hallmark of their advertising for years.

It is the fact that the LARGEST Advertiser by far for the NFL has said get your house in order.
AB spent 189,000,000.00 in advertising time last season and that does not include regional and local, they are closer to a quarter billion dollars. That is not chump change and the League and NFLPA know it.

Pepsico, VISA and a host of others have also let their displeasure be known.

NO BUCKS..........NO Buck Rogers errrrrr Arian Foster.

HeadSlap

Quote:

So if someone beats their wife or kids, that's because of alcohol? Do we know that AP or Rice was intoxicated when they did what they did?

AF needs to get off his high horse. What is AB suppose to do? Keep their mouth shut?

1) No one has said anything of that sort.

2) according to the report on Rice he was indeed intoxicated along with his fiancée.

Quote: While drinking doesn’t cause domestic violence, the impaired brain function from excessive alcohol consumption can lead to all sorts of problems.  Ray Rice, for example, was reportedly intoxicated on the night he knocked out his then-fiancée, now wife.  (She reportedly was, too.)

The broader point is that the companies that sell alcohol, which leads to a wide array of unfortunate behaviors, may not have the best standing to preach about a “moral code.”  Beer companies simply want to sell as much beer as they can, even if it means that too many people are drinking too much of it.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/16/arian-foster-fires-back-at-anheuser-busch/'>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/16/arian-foster-fires-back-at-anheuser-busch/</a>

If nothing else will facilitate a change in the way the league deals with behavioral issues, this might.

It could also force the league to push the commissioner out so that they have at least some scapegoat to dump this on in order to show action.  The sponsors are going to expect something here. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:It's nice to see one of the biggest sponsors of the NFL step in. I'm guessing Arian Foster will be the next RB we find out committed some act of domestic violence. The way he's treating AB like this.

It's too bad we won't see a similar response in the NCAA. Where covering up crimes is 'okay' as long as it's for the good of football.

Yeah what's up with those tweets? There is nothing wrong with drinking alcohol. It's funny bc they drink and support alcohol, but when it doesn't fit their agenda, they become "poison." Yeah ok...
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Yeah what's up with those tweets? There is nothing wrong with drinking alcohol. It's funny bc they drink and support alcohol, but when it doesn't fit their agenda, they become "poison." Yeah ok...

It does seem ironic though. Alcoholics make beer companies tons of money.

Quote:ESPN hires Ray Lewis as an analyst because he only hindered a murder investigation. Yet they're all over the latest news on player misconduct.
This dichotomy has amused me lately. What Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson did is inexcusable, but for ESPN to be jumping down their throats when they employ a dude who killed a man with a trident seems somewhat hypocritical to me. I know all Lewis was convicted of was obstruction, but still, if I were one of the guys being vilified by ESPN right now, I'd be quick to point that out on Twitter.

Quote:<b>Anheuser-Busch statement:</b>

HeadSlap

The beer dog has spoken.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Its just the fact that a beer company is going after someone on a moral standpoint. Just seems kinda weird

What's immoral about beer?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:What's immoral about beer?

It makes baptist girls act like girls at catholic schools?
Blakes Life Matters