Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Will Find Motivation from Negative Media Onslaught

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 05:30 PM by Omaha's Number 1JAGSFAN.)

The Jacksonville Jaguars will find motivation from what has been one of the most aggressive and passive aggressive negative media onslaughts that I have ever seen, and I for one am not happy about it. For example, on Mike and Mike this morning, those two bozos speculated on the  0-2 teams most likely to make the playoffs, and not a single mention of the Jags - OUCH!!! Somehow apparently New Orleans 0-2 is better than the Jags 0-2 - I don't get it. Furthermore, every media outlet that follows the Jags is speculation that Bortles will  replace Henne, obviously  trying to divide out locker room as if  this 0-2 start is somehow Henne's fault - ridiculous!!!  I am especially sick of the national media bashing our offensive line. I've now watched Sundays game five different times and truth be told, our offensive line play was just not that bad. I know that we gave up ten sacks, but lets give the devil it's due...our line was solid and played pretty well, but the Redskins Dline and linebackers were just sensational and just played lights out!!!  Sometimes Jordan would score 50 with great defense being played and Sunday was just Washington's Dline day. 

Why is everyone in panic mode right now??? Who really cares about losing two non conference teams - the games are essentially meaningless other than serving as a warm up for divisional play. Consider this, we are tied for second in the Ponce De Leon Cup Standings, are only one game out of second place in our division and have the 3rd best overall record in the NFL and people are acting like this season is a loss. Did I miss something - is this only a five game season???....I think not!!! The cream will rise to the top and the cream in this scenario is the Jacksonville Jaguars. I guess I have two thoughts. 1) For some reason it's ok for John Cook to start 0-2 and everyone thinks they can still win the whole kitten caboodle and 2) Do they now give out the Lombardi Trophy for winning in the first few weeks??? Knowing this teams personnel and this organization as I think I know them, the Jags will feed off  this negativity and turn this into a real positive, and the Colts will be the victim this weekend.

We need to believe in our team and dwell on the positives. One thing that not anyone is talking about is the fact that our third round draft pick from several years ago Bryan Anger is destroying the rest of the NFL  on the statistic of gross punting yards with 755 yards punted - Second place is over well 200 yards behind!!! I could go on and on and on about the other areas where the Jags are excelling, but don't want to belabor the point.

Moving on, everything we saw is not just correctable, but easily correctable. I am a big believer in sports anolictics, and after watching film of the game multiple times, we are five plays away from winning the game this past Sunday. Now on one hand we all agree that we lost 41-10, but on the other hand, consider this:

Play 1) If Hurns catches the deep ball on our opening drive and scores a touchdown, which he would have, the adjusted score is now 41-17.

Plays 2-4) If on 3/10 possessions Henne was sacked, he throws for touchdown passes or Gerhart runs for a touchdown, the adjusted score is now 41-38. 

Play 5) If on one of the two touchdown passes Cousin's threw to a receiver where there was not a Jags defender within 25 yards of the receiver we had actually covered the receiver, we eliminate a touchdown for Washington which then makes the adjusted score 38-34, and you can see where I am going with this, the Jags win the game 38-34!!! 

That's right - five simple plays away.  It is just that simple and really not all that far fetched. Now it's time to roll our sleeves up, get our elbows dirty, bare down and start believing in the Jaguars. We can do this, and I think we have the right man in Gus Bradley to take us close to the level that the great Jack Del Rio once led us to. I see a lot of similarities in Coach Bradley and Coach Del Rio, but also some differences -two big ones being that Del Rio started his second season 2-0, while Bradley has started 0-2 and  Del Rio won over 6% more of his games in his rookie season than Gus Bradley did, but who is really counting. Lets support our team. The roar of the Jaguars will be heard coast to coast this weekend, and a message will be sent to the rest of the AFC South!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Leading the league in gross punting yards!!!!   Go Jags!!!! 

Oh Lord here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 05:39 PM by navyjagfan.)

If the Jags have to rely on media coverage to get motivated, then we're already a doomed team.  These guys should be motivated to play hard because it's their job - they are paid a small fortune for the privilege of playing in this league.  

The good thing is that we're leading the league in the most important category - punting.  There is nothing more demoralizing for a team than to see those booming Banger punts pinning them down the field.  It's a great strategy by the Jaguars. 

You need a hobby, other than attempting comedy.

And how the hell are we going to score 38...?  You play the kid...

Quote:You need a hobby, other than attempting comedy.
Who's trying to be funny? You have any better thoughts? I think you should find another team.

"Third best overall record record in the NFL"

Good stuff there. :-)
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Really it could be done in three plays.

1+2. Instead of Cousins TOUCHDOWN PASSES, we intercept them both and take it for a touchdown.

3. Hurns catches that touchdown pass at the beginning. Score is now 31-27.  And the Jaguars are sitting at 1-1.  

"Surely Doctor, you can't expect them to intercept both of Cousins' touchdowns, and return them for a touchdown!" you say.  

To that I say, you don't have to!  There just has to be an interception for a touchdown on two drives in which they scored!  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Not sure if serious.

You put some time and thought into this, Thats cool. The past is the past but i do hope our future is still bright.

[Image: tumblr_m49z75ivwB1rqqsrlo1_500.gif]

In this case Dumpster fire

"I just know we need to win." - Coach Jack Del Rio

The week isn't complete until Omaha writes on the mb.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

do you know... I actually started to respond to this. But after I read it over and over, I concluded that no one could possibly be serious writing this. My hat is off to you sir...Well played!

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Omaha always bring home the gold  Laughing

Quote:One thing that not anyone is talking about is the fact that our third round draft pick from several years ago Bryan Anger is destroying the rest of the NFL  on the statistic of gross punting yards with 755 yards punted - Second place is over well 200 yards behind!!! I could go on and on and on about the other areas where the Jags are excelling, but don't want to belabor the point.