Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Has henne been named starter for week 3?

Quote:Saying, "We have not had that conversation yet," obviously means they plan to talk about it. And if they plan to talk about it, the door is open for Bortles.

Also consider that they are seeing Bortles every day in practice with some time against the ones.  Who knows how he's doing?  Maybe he's lighting it up and they feel he's getting closer.  As has been discussed they never said they would absolutely start Henne the whole season, they said they would start Bortles when he was ready and if that took the whole season, so be it.  Maybe Bortles is getting closer to being "ready"?

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If you're basing that against our 1's, Bortles is ready for the Pro Bowl....

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:If you're basing that against our 1's, Bortles is ready for the Pro Bowl....

Lol
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:thanks for translating that for me. My Gus-Etta Stone has yet to arrive.
lol.... that was disGUSing...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

<div style="margin:0px;"><a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran' title="External link">@ryanohalloran</a> · <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/511560598019391489' title="External link">Sep 15</a>
</div>

<p style="font-size:16px;">Gus -- "Will there be changes taking place -- I'm sure there will be ... QB? that conversation hasn't happened."

<p style="font-size:16px;"> 

<p style="font-size:16px;"> 

<p style="font-size:16px;">News flash Gus- There doesn't have to be a "conversation", it's your decision to make.  It's time to stop hiding behind others and start leading this team.  You're the Head Coach, act like it!

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

In reference to the question of Bortles' readiness, I wonder what Henne has done to show that he's ready. I could see the need for experience on a young team if we were competitive. At what point does talent trump experience?

Quote:

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'><span style="color:rgb(136,153,166);"><span style="font-size:12px;">@ryanohalloran
</a> · <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/511560598019391489'>Sep 15</a></span>
</span>
<span style="font-size:14px;">

Gus -- "Will there be changes taking place -- I'm sure there will be ... QB? that conversation hasn't happened."

<span style="font-size:14px;">News flash Gus- There doesn't have to be a "conversation", it's your decision to make. It's time to stop hiding behind others and start leading this team. You're the Head Coach, act like it!
</span>
</span>
no coach makes decisions without discussing it with the rest of the coaching staff