Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Three words that I am tired of hearing from Gus

Quote:It doesn't matter what he says when we are losing. People will still be upset. Not sure what people expect. I'm mad and we suck! Will that make people happy even if we keep losing?

We were told it would be honest Mondays.

Unfortunately it's kind of hard to be both honest and not throw someone under the bus the way things have gone these past 2 weeks.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

RESILIENT

The word resilient means being able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.   We recovered quickly after losing to the Eagles by losing to the Skins 41-10.  That's not resilient, that's quitting.

WE ARE NOT RESILIENT.   We're not Seattle South.  Seattle was smart enough to recognize Russell Wilson was better than their projected starter.

Quote:This is just what this poster does. If we are winning he is nowhere to be found on this board. When we are losing he posts like crazy. Some people just feed off negativity.

Just an obvious troll

How about one of these:

[Image: mularkey-loses-it2-11-8-121.gif]

Lol
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Should he stand on the podium and have a temper tantrum like a 3 year old child? I'm not sure what you're expecting here.
That's what BSJ would do. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:This is just what this poster does. If we are winning he is nowhere to be found on this board. When we are losing he posts like crazy. Some people just feed off negativity.
Bingo.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Gus should cut the legs off the pong table so they have to be on their knees while they play. That will learn em. He should put all the monitors around the stadium including the scoreboards on this message board so him and the players can learn what they need to do and words they should say as not to sound "pithy".

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Bingo.

Waiting for him to start threads about "Shahid" moving the team to London

Quote:Accountability on the FIELD is a lot more important than cutting a guy that probably wouldn't have even been on 25 other NFL rosters.  Who cares, I'm sure there's another guy out there that would be just as good/bad as him they could sign in an hour or two.

I can see why this organization still sells tickets, it's the most naive fan base I've ever lived around.

do you want gus to go out on the field, bend him over his knee, and give him a spanking?

we know how that turned out for AP.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Starts thread. Gets clowned by other posters. Doesn't return to thread.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Quote:Starts thread. Gets clowned by other posters. Doesn't return to thread.

Obvious troll is obvious.

He did the same thing Sunday

what's the name of that 'positive thinking/motivational speaker' guy? Tony....something or another? That's who Gus reminds me of. Personally, I recall from my days of playing football when I was a kid that getting the coach's foot planted firmly on my buttocks tended to motivate me. I guess that's not allowed these days though...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:How about one of these:

Lol
That is hilarious.

The head coach calling guys out specifically is a bad thing.  You don't earn their respect as a coach doing that.  

They just cut Bradfield, so accountability is still a thing.  They obviously didn't do it just to make a statement, but it does send a message all the same to the players.  As far as the QB situation, I think that'll be corrected after this weekend.  I don't think they want to make a switch before giving Henne a shot at a home game.  But I do think this will be his last game if he continues to stink it up.

Quote:He did the same thing Sunday
He does the same thing every day

Quote:what's the name of that 'positive thinking/motivational speaker' guy? Tony....something or another? That's who Gus reminds me of. Personally, I recall from my days of playing football when I was a kid that getting the coach's foot planted firmly on my buttocks tended to motivate me. I guess that's not allowed these days though...
actually, I do walk with a slight limp now... 

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:The head coach calling guys out specifically is a bad thing.  You don't earn their respect as a coach doing that.  

They just cut Bradfield, so accountability is still a thing.  They obviously didn't do it just to make a statement, but it does send a message all the same to the players.  As far as the QB situation, I think that'll be corrected after this weekend.  I don't think they want to make a switch before giving Henne a shot at a home game.  But I do think this will be his last game if he continues to stink it up.
Agreed.  This sends a clear message to the rest of the guys that sub-par play won't be tolerated, especially from players who have been on the team or in the league for a few years now.  Bradfield looked as bad as I've ever seen any offensive lineman look in 20 years on this team.  A rookie lineman would and has gotten a pass for struggling.  That's expected.  But, for a guy who tarted almost 40 games and has the kind of experience Bradfield does, there should be a higher expectation.  He failed to meet that, and now he's looking for work.  Look for the Ravens to bring  him in. 

In 1996, Tom Coughlin cut Andre Rison in November for a lack of performance.  That lit a spark under quite a few guys, and the team made a playoff run.  I'm not predicting similar outcomes here, but if seeing one of your teammates cut in the middle of the season for basically sucking, that has to be a wake up call for the rest of the team.  There are no secure roster spots. 

A move like this can have a profound impact on the rest of the roster.  We'll see if that happens this time around.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 03:54 PM by Jagwired.)

Quote:what's the name of that 'positive thinking/motivational speaker' guy? Tony....something or another? That's who Gus reminds me of. Personally, I recall from my days of playing football when I was a kid that getting the coach's foot planted firmly on my buttocks tended to motivate me. I guess that's not allowed these days though...

These guys are paid adults not kids. Not many men let another adult verbally abuse them and a good coach wouldn't even try.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Who is the next offensive minded coach the Jags should be targeting soon for head coach?

Quote:How about one of these:

Lol

he couldnt even throw a fit correctly.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."