Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chad Henne: More excuses? Really?

I was on Espn reading about the Jags and came up on an interesting article.

http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...ie-jaguars

Now am I the only person that believes that you throw the ball when the receiver is open? Could it be the fact that our young WRs know that they would ge tthe ball so they quit the routes and were tired from running routes all day so they began cheating on their techniques?

Now I have heard all of the stories before about great QBs. Henne is in no where close to great but dont even good QBs make their wide outs better?

I swear Chad Henne gets more excuses from everyone and not enough blame.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't get your statement immediately after the link.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

The life of a receiver is running routes and not getting the ball.  Not always a glamorous position.

Quote:I was on Espn reading about the Jags and came up on an interesting article.

Now am I the only person that believes that you throw the ball when the receiver is open? Could it be the fact that our young WRs know that they would ge tthe ball so they quit the routes and were tired from running routes all day so they began cheating on their techniques?

Now I have heard all of the stories before about great QBs. Henne is in no where close to great but dont even good QBs make their wide outs better?

I don't think this is an excuse, these are facts. I'm not a Chad Henne apologist, but there's no doubt the players around him are ineffective (the offensive line) or aren't up to speed (the rookie receivers), it's a collective effort. Chad just makes an alrealdy difficult situation worse because he's not good.

Quote:I don't think this is an excuse, these are facts. I'm not a Chad Henne apologist, but there's no doubt the players around him are ineffective (the offensive line) or aren't up to speed (the rookie receivers), it's a collective effort. Chad just makes an alrealdy difficult situation worse because he's not good.
this ^

Excuses are like Hennes.. Everyone's got one..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Excuses are like Hennes.. Everyone's got one..

I wish the rest of the teams we played this year all had their very own Henne.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I don't think this is an excuse, these are facts. I'm not a Chad Henne apologist, but there's no doubt the players around him are ineffective (the offensive line) or aren't up to speed (the rookie receivers), it's a collective effort. Chad just makes an alrealdy difficult situation worse because he's not good.
Bingo. 

You'll now be labeled an apologist. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I was on Espn reading about the Jags and came up on an interesting article.

Well if the WRs cheated on their routes or just quit running them out, it will certainly show up on tape for all the coaches to see.

I know it has to be tough to be a WR with Henne as your QB, but still, there's no excuse for WRs to do anything like that at all.

Sometimes the WR is just a decoy on plays.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Bingo. 

You'll now be labeled an apologist. 

Nah, he's smart to recognize what the problems are.  He becomes an apologist when he still wants Henne to start knowing that Bortles is better because "reasons".  That's when you cross that line.

Quote:Nah, he's smart to recognize what the problems are. He becomes an apologist when he still wants Henne to start knowing that Bortles is better because "reasons". That's when you cross that line.

Actually an apologist is someone who wants Henne to start regardless of all other factors. AFAIK, there are none of those.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Actually an apologist is someone who wants Henne to start regardless of all other factors. AFAIK, there are none of those.

Exactly.  The people being labeled "apologists" are anything but.  Those flinging that label out there are doing so because they're incapable of dealing with the fact that this team has more than just one problem to address.  Nobody here thinks Henne is the better player.  Nobody here thinks Henne should be the starting QB regardless. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

good post

I agree sir.

#iamlegend

Quote:Well if the WRs cheated on their routes or just quit running them out, it will certainly show up on tape for all the coaches to see.

I know it has to be tough to be a WR with Henne as your QB, but still, there's no excuse for WRs to do anything like that at all.

Sometimes the WR is just a decoy on plays.

Decoys on plays or just decoys on sacks?

#iamlegend

It could simply be that the players surrounding Henne are not inspired by him.  Does that mean that they will be under Bortles?  I hope so, but, then, I like Kool-aid.   :thumbsup:

Quote:It could simply be that the players surrounding Henne are not inspired by him.  Does that mean that they will be under Bortles?  I hope so, but, then, I like Kool-aid.   :thumbsup:

I feel you on this. Kinda like when Henne took over for Gabbert. They wanted something new so they were so turt up. Now it has all faded.

#iamlegend

Henne Apologists are the ones who think that Chad really gives us the best chance to win  convert more than 3 third downs in a game.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

If you watched the preseason games some of Bortles and Henne's better passes were timing throws.  You often throw the ball before the receiver makes his break on a timing route.  If the receiver goes the wrong way on his route then it is a problem.

It does not help when balls bounce off their hands either...

Quote:If you watched the preseason games some of Bortles and Henne's better passes were timing throws.  You often throw the ball before the receiver makes his break on a timing route.  If the receiver goes the wrong way on his route then it is a problem.

It does not help when balls bounce off their hands either...

The receivers didnt drop every pass. And the pass he threw to Hurns was behind Hurns. A wide open Hurns. That was a pop warner pass that he threw to Hurns.

#iamlegend