Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chad Henne: More excuses? Really?

Quote:The receivers didnt drop every pass. And the pass he threw to Hurns was behind Hurns. A wide open Hurns. That was a pop warner pass that he threw to Hurns.
If it hits a receiver in the hands in the NFL, it should be caught.  Not every pass has to be perfectly delivered in order to be caught.  I watched the Denver game the other day, and the almighty Peyton Manning was getting reception after reception on passes that weren't thrown perfectly.  His receivers somehow managed to make the plays just the same. These guys are getting paid to make those plays.  Regardless of how perfectly the pass was delivered, it was a VERY catchable pass and he muffed completely with a sure TD.  You don't do that in the NFL.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If it hits a receiver in the hands in the NFL, it should be caught.  Not every pass has to be perfectly delivered in order to be caught.  I watched the Denver game the other day, and the almighty Peyton Manning was getting reception after reception on passes that weren't thrown perfectly.  His receivers somehow managed to make the plays just the same. These guys are getting paid to make those plays.  Regardless of how perfectly the pass was delivered, it was a VERY catchable pass and he muffed completely with a sure TD.  You don't do that in the NFL.

So you're blaming teh rookie and not the veteran. I understand. My apologies. I thought the vet was supposed to put the rookie in situations to succeed when in fact, the rookie is supposed to make the vet look good. My bad sir.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:So you're blaming teh rookie and not the veteran. I understand. My apologies. I thought the vet was supposed to put the rookie in situations to succeed when in fact, the rookie is supposed to make the vet look good. My bad sir.

Dude stop digging.  I may not want Henne playing, but the ball that Hurns dropped was all on Hurns.  He had adjusted to it and was in perfect position for it.  He even said himself that it was his fault because he tried to run before he caught it (it was in the post game interviews he did in the lockerroom).

I don't want Henne starting, but that was one of the best throws I've seen from him in a Jaguars uniform.

Quote:Dude stop digging.  I may not want Henne playing, but the ball that Hurns dropped was all on Hurns.  He had adjusted to it and was in perfect position for it.  He even said himself that it was his fault because he tried to run before he caught it (it was in the post game interviews he did in the lockerroom).

I don't want Henne starting, but that was one of the best throws I've seen from him in a Jaguars uniform.

There's plenty of blame to pass around on that play.

If Bortles were in the game it likely goes for a TD because Bortles likely puts enough arm into it to hit Hurns closer to his stride.

As it was the pass was well underthrown and even if Hurns had caught it I don't think it would have gone for a TD because of Henne giving the defenders time to catch up to a guy who isn't renowned for his speed to start with.

Quote:So you're blaming teh rookie and not the veteran. I understand. My apologies. I thought the vet was supposed to put the rookie in situations to succeed when in fact, the rookie is supposed to make the vet look good. My bad sir.

The vet put the football in the hands of a wide open rookie.  He dropped the pass.  If it hits him in the hands, he should catch the football.  It's really not that difficult to understand, is it?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:There's plenty of blame to pass around on that play.

If Bortles were in the game it likely goes for a TD because Bortles likely puts enough arm into it to hit Hurns closer to his stride.

As it was the pass was well underthrown and even if Hurns had caught it I don't think it would have gone for a TD because of Henne giving the defenders time to catch up to a guy who isn't renowned for his speed to start with.

The ball bounced off his chest.  Let's not get crazy.

Blake is also just a better teammate. His mic'd up video from preseason showed it. I just saw Jedd's press conference and they showed a highlight of Chad getting sacked and both lineman went over to try and help him up but he wasn't having any of it and just ran to the sideline.

Bortles is the spark we need.
Shock the world

Quote:The vet put the football in the hands of a wide open rookie. He dropped the pass. If it hits him in the hands, he should catch the football. It's really not that difficult to understand, is it?

Haven't seen the play but I agree with this. If you touch it you catch it. Simple as that.
Shock the world

Get over it.  He dropped the ball.  It happens.  Move on.

By the time you're done twisting that play, the ball will have been underthrown by 20 yards.  The two passes Hurns hauled in vs. Philly for touchdowns were not as well thrown as this pass was, yet he managed to catch those and end up with two touchdowns. 

Quote:By the time you're done twisting that play, the ball will have been underthrown by 20 yards.  The two passes Hurns hauled in vs. Philly for touchdowns were not as well thrown as this pass was, yet he managed to catch those and end up with two touchdowns. 

One of them he caught in the end zone and the other one he caught 10 yards from the endzone and didn't have to race anyone for 40 yards.

And I'm not twisting anything. Hurns had about 5 yards of separation when Henne threw the ball, and by the time the ball hit the ground from the drop the CB was close enough to almost catch it for the INT.

If anyone is making things up about the play it's people who keep insisting it's Hurns fault the play didn't go for a TD.

Why do you keep insisting on blaming the guy who keeps getting wide open and making great catches instead of the guy who keeps throwing off target passes?

Can someone post a gif of the play? Would love to see it
Shock the world

I'm as big of a critic of Henne as most... but that was Hurns fault.  Granted he was a rookie, so I'm not upset that he dropped it.  I don't think it'd have changed the game much if he had caught it though.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Can someone post a gif of the play? Would love to see it

Wasn't hard to find. http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/09/14/allen-h...le-jaguars

Quote:Wasn't hard to find. <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/09/14/allen-hurns-drop-jacksonville-jaguars'>http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/09/14/allen-hurns-drop-jacksonville-jaguars</a>

Thanks...

You HAVE to catch that!
Shock the world

It really doesn't require a second look if you watched the game...

Quote:Thanks...

You HAVE to catch that!

Like I said, plenty of blame to go around. I just think it's misguided when people say the pass would have gone for a sure TD if he'd have caught it.

It was just too badly under thrown for that to be likely.

Quote:It really doesn't require a second look if you watched the game...

I didn't have the chance to watch because of traveling
Shock the world

Quote:Wasn't hard to find. <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/09/14/allen-hurns-drop-jacksonville-jaguars'>http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/09/14/allen-hurns-drop-jacksonville-jaguars</a>

Hurns is an undrafted rookie, and he's done great and glad he's on the team but he's still got to make that catch. I believe he said so himself.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Like I said, plenty of blame to go around. I just think it's misguided when people say the pass would have gone for a sure TD if he'd have caught it.

It was just too badly under thrown for that to be likely.

You're delusional.