Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chad Henne: More excuses? Really?

Quote:You're delusional.

The picture is right there, the DBs are already closing on him badly by the time the ball even bounces off of his hands.

Anyone who insists that play would have been a TD had he managed the catch is beyond delusional, they're willfully ignorant.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I am no Henne apologist, but it seems like a lot of people are focusing on Henne and ignoring all the other problems on this team, as if Henne is solely to blame, and as if inserting Blake Bortles is going to make the offense succeed. 

That is shallow and lazy thinking to just focus on one guy, as if he is the entire reason for our failures.  I don't think he's even half the reason for our failures.   We have receivers running bad routes, and an offensive line that can't block anybody.   Replacing Henne isn't going to fix that.  

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2014, 04:21 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:I am no Henne apologist, but it seems like a lot of people are focusing on Henne and ignoring all the other problems on this team, as if Henne is solely to blame, and as if inserting Blake Bortles is going to make the offense succeed. 

That is shallow and lazy thinking to just focus on one guy, as if he is the entire reason for our failures.  I don't think he's even half the reason for our failures.   We have receivers running bad routes, and an offensive line that can't block anybody.   Replacing Henne isn't going to fix that.  

Henne makes everyone around him worse, including the defense who plays against him in practice and gets a false sense of improvement against a CFL caliber QB.

Quote:Henne makes everyone around him worse, including the defense who plays against him in practice and gets a false sense of improvement against a CFL caliber QB.
You basically just confirmed ytraM's point. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:One of them he caught in the end zone and the other one he caught 10 yards from the endzone and didn't have to race anyone for 40 yards.

And I'm not twisting anything. Hurns had about 5 yards of separation when Henne threw the ball, and by the time the ball hit the ground from the drop the CB was close enough to almost catch it for the INT.

If anyone is making things up about the play it's people who keep insisting it's Hurns fault the play didn't go for a TD.

Why do you keep insisting on blaming the guy who keeps getting wide open and making great catches instead of the guy who keeps throwing off target passes?
Wait, so now your great debate is about whether Hurns could get in the end zone or not, and not that he should have caught the pass?  It's amazing how the goal line moves depending on the argument with you.  Whether it would have gone for a touchdown is completely irrelevant if Hurns doesn't make that catch.  Even if he didn't score, we would have been staring at points that didn't come because why?  He dropped a catchable pass. 

You've lost the debate.  Move on. Just admit that it doesn't matter if Henne does anything positive, you'll find a way to tarnish it because you've got your own agenda here.  There's really nothing else to discuss.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Henne makes everyone around him worse, including the defense who plays against him in practice and gets a false sense of improvement against a CFL caliber QB.

You realize Bortles gets snaps against the first string defense too?
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:You basically just confirmed ytraM's point. 

No, those who would say that inept QB play doesn't impact an entire team and an entire game plan are incorrect.

When a team has a bad QB it doesn't just stop passes from being receptions, it also causes the o-line to look worse because the QB doesn't make good or quick decisions and reads or climb the pocket.

It causes the running game to look worse because the defense doesn't have any pause to consider if they're biting on a play action and just crash the running lanes.

It causes the defense to look worse because when the offense doesn't sustain drives not only does the defense get tired, but the opposing team feels no need to try for risky plays since they're never playing from behind.

The team has problems, but the first step to fixing any bad team is getting a better QB, the systemic improvement from going from a low end backup like Henne to a franchise caliber guy is massive.

Quote:No, those who would say that inept QB play doesn't impact an entire team and an entire game plan are incorrect.

When a team has a bad QB it doesn't just stop passes from being receptions, it also causes the o-line to look worse because the QB doesn't make good or quick decisions and reads or climb the pocket.

It causes the running game to look worse because the defense doesn't have any pause to consider if they're biting on a play action and just crash the running lanes.

It causes the defense to look worse because when the offense doesn't sustain drives not only does the defense get tired, but the opposing team feels no need to try for risky plays since they're never playing from behind.

The team has problems, but the first step to fixing any bad team is getting a better QB, the systemic improvement from going from a low end backup like Henne to a franchise caliber guy is massive.

And now you've confirmed his point as well. 

Quote:And now you've confirmed his point as well. 

"By refuting the lie you have confirmed it."

Okay, Dr Phil.

Quote:"By refuting the lie you have confirmed it."

Okay, Dr Phil.
You're incapable of expanding your line of thinking to be inclusive of ALL the factors involved in this team struggling because your myopia is telling you it's all Henne's fault.  You don't even realize just how ignorant you sound taking this tact which I find rather entertaining. 

Quote:You're incapable of expanding your line of thinking to be inclusive of ALL the factors involved in this team struggling because your myopia is telling you it's all Henne's fault.  You don't even realize just how ignorant you sound taking this tact which I find rather entertaining. 

Wait, when did I use the words "it's all Henne's fault?"

Quote:No, those who would say that inept QB play doesn't impact an entire team and an entire game plan are incorrect.

!snip!

Inept play at any position group can have a cascading effect, that's true. But in our case the real weak link has been the OL play. Henne is not one of these great QBs that can make something out of nothing so you have to give him *something* to work with. That starts first and foremost with the OL for better pass protection and establishing the run. Good coaches will always tell you that it starts up front with the big guys.

Quote:Inept play at any position group can have a cascading effect, that's true. But in our case the real weak link has been the OL play. Henne is not one of these great QBs that can make something out of nothing so you have to give him *something* to work with. That starts first and foremost with the OL for better pass protection and establishing the run. Good coaches will always tell you that it starts up front with the big guys.

The o-line isn't good. I don't disagree with that, but they're not 10 sacks and almost no rushing yards bad.

You put Drew Brees or Peyton Manning behind the Jaguars line and suddenly they'll look like a better group.

Quote:Wait, when did I use the words "it's all Henne's fault?"
What exactly are you implying above?  That it all cascades off of the QB?  I guess you didn't use Henne's name, so that's your way of trying to deflect it, but nobody here misses where you're trying to put the blame. 

It's such a common theme, when things go wrong the blame from the casual fan goes to the coach and the QB.  Yawn, another season, same ole fans.

I think Bortles will be a much better QB, but i know a dumpster fire when i see one.  I don't have enough fingers to point the blame.

Quote:What exactly are you implying above?  That it all cascades off of the QB?  I guess you didn't use Henne's name, so that's your way of trying to deflect it, but nobody here misses where you're trying to put the blame. 

I didn't say everyone else was a bunch of great players and "it's all Henne's fault", I said that QB play affects the entire team and game plan.

Are you arguing that it doesn't?

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2014, 04:54 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

@Jags32250 --- you stated you don't have enough fingers to point the blame.

Quick Question:  If you did have enough fingers, would you be placing any of the blame at the GM or Head Coach?    a simple yes or no to each will suffice.

Where are you in San Fran?  We just bought a car this spring and had it shipped in from Marin County.

Quote:It's such a common theme, when things go wrong the blame from the casual fan goes to the coach and the QB.  Yawn, another season, same ole fans.

I think Bortles will be a much better QB, but i know a dumpster fire when i see one.  I don't have enough fingers to point the blame.

I do.

1.  Offensive line - they bad, really bad.  Worst ever probably, and that's no exaggeration.

2.  Chad Henne - He bad.

3.  Jedd Fisch - Keeps asking Chad and Toby to do things they aren't good at, and the offensive line is obviously not good at whatever he's trying to do with this offense.

4.  Dave Caldwell - He put this trash together.  He gets blamed.

...hmm, that's good enough for now

Quote:The o-line isn't good. I don't disagree with that, but they're not 10 sacks and almost no rushing yards bad.

You put Drew Brees or Peyton Manning behind the Jaguars line and suddenly they'll look like a better group.

Sure, Manning and Brees would be more effective but this team would still struggle. Look at Manning those years in Indy when their D sucked. Moreover judging Henne inept because he can't play on a level with those guys is pretty unfair. Very few players can perform at that level.

Quote:I do.

1.  Offensive line - they bad, really bad.  Worst ever probably, and that's no exaggeration.

2.  Chad Henne - He bad.

3.  Jedd Fisch - Keeps asking Chad and Toby to do things they aren't good at, and the offensive line is obviously not good at whatever he's trying to do with this offense.

4.  Dave Caldwell - He put this trash together.  He gets blamed.

...hmm, that's good enough for now

I'll add that the DBs and whoever has been coaching them have been terrible since Cyprien went down. So many guys running WIDE open downfield.