Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chad Henne: More excuses? Really?

Quote:The o-line isn't good. I don't disagree with that, but they're not 10 sacks and almost no rushing yards bad.

You put Drew Brees or Peyton Manning behind the Jaguars line and suddenly they'll look like a better group.
We don't have either QB on this roster.  Bortles isn't either one of these guys today.  Not even remotely close. 

You're determined to pin the blame on the QB in this situation, and it's simply a weak minded approach.  It's the equivalent of water taking the path of least resistance.  There are multiple areas of concern with this team, one of which is the QB.  It doesn't start with him.  It starts with the line that's been incapable of opening lanes for the running game, or protecting the QB adequately to give him even a marginal opportunity at being effective.  It includes poor decision making on the part of the QB, whether that means holding on to the ball for too long, forcing passes into spots where he shouldn't, or not checking out of a play to something more appropriate for the situation developing.  It also comes down to poor recognition by rookie receivers to pick up the blitz and adjust their routes accordingly.  It includes lack of awareness by DBs in recognizing where they should be on specific plays.  It's about blown assignments by the defense that release contain and allow plays that shouldn't be big plays to become so. 

The list of reasons why this team is struggling is a long one, of which the QB is certainly a factor, but not the only one.  You want to pin everything on him as if replacing that one component is somehow going to elevate the play of everyone else on both sides of the ball.  That's nonsense.  Plugging in a rookie QB doesn't make your rookie receivers any more aware.  It doesn't make your inexperienced line any better at creating running lanes or protecting the QB.  It doesn't fix missed tackles or blown assignments.  It doesn't prevent boneheaded mistakes that wind up costing the team yards on penalties. 

Henne is not a good QB, but he's the right guy to put out there while the issues are worked through, especially with the line, the receivers, and the running game.  Given a couple of games to develop some sort of chemistry, I think the line will be up to the task of doing their job by the bye week at the latest, and I fully expect to see Bortles installed as the starter when they feel confident enough that he can be effective out there.  As the offensive coordinator made very clear today, they're not going to set Bortles up to fail. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I do.

1.  Offensive line - they bad, really bad.  Worst ever probably, and that's no exaggeration.

2.  Chad Henne - He bad.

3.  Jedd Fisch - Keeps asking Chad and Toby to do things they aren't good at, and the offensive line is obviously not good at whatever he's trying to do with this offense.

4.  Dave Caldwell - He put this trash together.  He gets blamed.

...hmm, that's good enough for now

That's all you got?

Quote:Sure, Manning and Brees would be more effective but this team would still struggle. Look at Manning those years in Indy when their D sucked. Moreover judging Henne inept because he can't play on a level with those guys is pretty unfair. Very few players can perform at that level.

Which is why I've always said I assign blame to Henne where he's doing something wrong and everyone else when they're doing something wrong.

Henne has just been a significant part of it, and even his good plays have mostly been Hurns stepping up and bailing him out. That's just the pure truth.

Quote:I didn't say everyone else was a bunch of great players and "it's all Henne's fault", I said that QB play affects the entire team and game plan.

Are you arguing that it doesn't?
You're carrying this theme throughout every discussion about the QB play on this board, and the bottom line is that you're pretty much laying the blame for all this team's woes at the feet of the QB.  Spin it however you see fit, but it's pretty clear what your thinking is here. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:We don't have either QB on this roster.  Bortles isn't either one of these guys today.  Not even remotely close. 

You're determined to pin the blame on the QB in this situation, and it's simply a weak minded approach.  It's the equivalent of water taking the path of least resistance.  There are multiple areas of concern with this team, one of which is the QB.  It doesn't start with him.  It starts with the line that's been incapable of opening lanes for the running game, or protecting the QB adequately to give him even a marginal opportunity at being effective.  It includes poor decision making on the part of the QB, whether that means holding on to the ball for too long, forcing passes into spots where he shouldn't, or not checking out of a play to something more appropriate for the situation developing.  It also comes down to poor recognition by rookie receivers to pick up the blitz and adjust their routes accordingly.  It includes lack of awareness by DBs in recognizing where they should be on specific plays.  It's about blown assignments by the defense that release contain and allow plays that shouldn't be big plays to become so. 

The list of reasons why this team is struggling is a long one, of which the QB is certainly a factor, but not the only one.  You want to pin everything on him as if replacing that one component is somehow going to elevate the play of everyone else on both sides of the ball.  That's nonsense.  Plugging in a rookie QB doesn't make your rookie receivers any more aware.  It doesn't make your inexperienced line any better at creating running lanes or protecting the QB.  It doesn't fix missed tackles or blown assignments.  It doesn't prevent boneheaded mistakes that wind up costing the team yards on penalties. 

Henne is not a good QB, but he's the right guy to put out there while the issues are worked through, especially with the line, the receivers, and the running game.  Given a couple of games to develop some sort of chemistry, I think the line will be up to the task of doing their job by the bye week at the latest, and I fully expect to see Bortles installed as the starter when they feel confident enough that he can be effective out there.  As the offensive coordinator made very clear today, they're not going to set Bortles up to fail. 

That's a lot of text that could have been summed up with "arguing that you hate Henne is a convenient reduction of your position for the purpose of allowing me to argue against a strawman since I can't argue against you."

Quote:We don't have either QB on this roster.  Bortles isn't either one of these guys today.  Not even remotely close. 

I can agree with all of this.  Well put.

Quote:You're carrying this theme throughout every discussion about the QB play on this board, and the bottom line is that you're pretty much laying the blame for all this team's woes at the feet of the QB.  Spin it however you see fit, but it's pretty clear what your thinking is here. 
It's an easy solution to give them something to complain about.  It's why they are not employed by a football team. 

Quote:I didn't have the chance to watch because of traveling

You were lucky.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Hurns should've caught it no doubt. I was shocked when it happened; potentially could've been his 3rd td catch that came on a horrible throw. I've never blamed Henne solely for all the Jags problems, I just hate seeing him start for the team I support. He sucks. Add that we have a qb who's better than him on the roster makes him suck even more.

Quote:Hurns should've caught it no doubt. I was shocked when it happened; potentially could've been his 3rd td catch that came on a horrible throw. I've never blamed Henne solely for all the Jags problems, I just hate seeing him start for the team I support. He sucks. Add that we have a qb who's better than him on the roster makes him suck even more.

^^This is what I've been saying^^ :yes:

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend