Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why You Should Respect Chad Henne

Now now, before you guys take my head off like you usually do, hear me out for a second. I'm not saying you should respect Henne's playing ability, As we all know he is a  pretty mediocre starting QB in this league. This thread isn't for all of the people who Dislike chad for his inconsistent play, because I am in the same boat. Take a second to put things into perspective.

1. Chad Henne is not naming himself the starter every week. he competes in practice and on the field Sunday to keep his spot, but it's not like he's in charge of the decision. He's just doing his job

2. Henne is a good leader. The rocker room respects Chad, whether or not recent reports of the team/whole Borltes situation say so. He is a very poised and calm guy, and will put his own safety on the line to try to make something happen.

3. Henne is a competitor. Yes he holds the ball too long, but why do you think that's the case? because he doesn't want to check the ball down like Gabbert used to for 1-2 yard gains. Henne would rather take shots down field and give the team a chance to be explosive. And while he may not be a good QB, at least he tries to make things happen.

4. Not to mention, Henne is pretty much knowingly sacrificing his body and health so that we can replace him and cut him loose sooner or later. He's doing what's best for our organization, and that makes me respect the hell out of the guy. Not to mention how many hits he takes and gets back up and tries just as hard the next play.

At the end of the day, we all know Henne is not good, and that we need to move on to our future. But to take all of your anger out on him is not only ridiculous, it's ignorant. We need to start holding our coaching staff and front office accountable, not our players. They didn't sign themselves.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Chad Henne tries to do what is best for the team. That does not mean he actually does. Every player knowingly sacrifices his body on every play because injuries are part of football. Many fans blame the coaches and put their anger out on them for choosing to keep Blake Bortles on the bench. So I have to take some of your comments with a grain of salt. Are you a Michigan fan?

R-E-S-P-E-C-T..

Throwin' I-N-T's to me..

R-E-S-P-E-C-T..

No more Henne please..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 01:44 PM by Jagwired.)

What's with this sacrificing their body crap. These dudes take the calculated risk of injury in trade for big fat pay days. it's not like they are diving on grenades to save their brothers in arms.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

why no hespect henne?

Quote:What's with this sacrificing their body crap. These dudes take the calculated risk of injury in trade for big fat pay days. it's not like their diving on grenades to save their brothers in arms.

Well we are used to seeing Gabbert play scared.  At least Henne has balls out there.

I respect Henne. He just happens not to be the best QB on the team, so he shouldn't be the starter.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 02:02 PM by mikest.)

Chad stinks...

Seriously its simply a waste of time... start anyone to get them the exposure...

bring in 3-4 benched guys and give them a shot.  Wasting valuable experience time.

Yes get Bortles up to speed, prep him for scrambling.  Bring in a washed up guy to see if he can teach bortles if you only need a tackling dummy.

Chad does a great job as a tackling dummy don't get me wrong. But he has milked this sweet gig of losing games for too long.

He was bad in college, has been given way to many chances in the NFL... if you can't make it, you simply can't... it takes talent to be a qb in the NFL, Chad doesn't have it, never did...

nsfw...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8bzZEtOcb8

Quote:Well we are used to seeing Gabbert play scared.  At least Henne has balls out there.

But the problem is he holds on to them too long.

Let it go Henne, let it go.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Now now, before you guys take my head off like you usually do, hear me out for a second. I'm not saying you should respect Henne's playing ability, As we all know he is a  pretty mediocre starting QB in this league. This thread isn't for all of the people who Dislike chad for his inconsistent play, because I am in the same boat. Take a second to put things into perspective.

1. Chad Henne is not naming himself the starter every week. he competes in practice and on the field Sunday to keep his spot, but it's not like he's in charge of the decision. He's just doing his job

2. Henne is a good leader. The rocker room respects Chad, whether or not recent reports of the team/whole Borltes situation say so. He is a very poised and calm guy, and will put his own safety on the line to try to make something happen.

3. Henne is a competitor. Yes he holds the ball too long, but why do you think that's the case? because he doesn't want to check the ball down like Gabbert used to for 1-2 yard gains. Henne would rather take shots down field and give the team a chance to be explosive. And while he may not be a good QB, at least he tries to make things happen.

4. Not to mention, Henne is pretty much knowingly sacrificing his body and health so that we can replace him and cut him loose sooner or later. He's doing what's best for our organization, and that makes me respect the hell out of the guy. Not to mention how many hits he takes and gets back up and tries just as hard the next play.

At the end of the day, we all know Henne is not good, and that we need to move on to our future. But to take all of your anger out on him is not only ridiculous, it's ignorant. We need to start holding our coaching staff and front office accountable, not our players. They didn't sign themselves.

I respect this post and value your opinion sir. Very well put.

But....

No.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

The biggest problem is he is not the best QB on the roster period. It isn't his fault he is awful.

I see what you are saying, but no.  He is not good.  He is back up material.  Our franchise QB is sitting on the bench because Bradley and Caldwell A. Don't want to move from their plan, or B.  They are scared.  Both reasons are dumb, and it's not Chad's fault.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:I see what you are saying, but no.  He is not good.  He is back up material.

Exactly what my post said. lol

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

i respect him, but he stinks.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I'll respect Henne more when he is back to his natural position, backup QB.

Quote:Chad stinks...

Seriously its simply a waste of time... start anyone to get them the exposure...

bring in 3-4 benched guys and give them a shot. Wasting valuable experience time.

Yes get Bortles up to speed, prep him for scrambling. Bring in a washed up guy to see if he can teach bortles if you only need a tackling dummy.

Chad does a great job as a tackling dummy don't get me wrong. But he has milked this sweet gig of losing games for too long.

He was bad in college, has been given way to many chances in the NFL... if you can't make it, you simply can't... it takes talent to be a qb in the NFL, Chad doesn't have it, never did...

nsfw...

Jungle Cat is that you?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Jungle Cat is that you?
That will be a big fat warning once noticed.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 03:28 PM by dwolf.)

Henne has NFL backup QB talent or borderline starter talent.  Nobody will ever rank him above the bottom 10 active starting QB's in the league.  With that said, I do respect what he is doing.  Henne is a vested veteran.  Once he started week one his salary this year was guaranteed.

So, while those guys were killing him on Sunday he could have at any point decided that he wanted to feign an arm or shoulder injury (God knows he has to be sore now) and then let the kid go out and take a couple lumps for the team.  Even if here were cut now Henne would still get this year's salary.  Henne is enough of a competitor that he chose to fight through it in a hopeless game.  Certainly the fact that if the kid went out there and looked better Henne would never start here again might be a factor.

My real problem with Henne Sunday was the fact that he simply could not read the defense.  He never seemed to adjust to what the defense was obviously about to do.  Personally I would have liked to see if Bortles could handle the blitzes last week better than Henne.  With that said, I do respect him because his salary this year is guaranteed and it still stood tall behind our garbage line and tried to make some plays.

I will only respect him when he announces he is taking a seat on the bench so that the better QB can play

Quote:Henne has NFL backup QB talent or borderline starter talent.  Nobody will ever rank him above the bottom 10 active starting QB's in the league.  With that said, I do respect what he is doing.  Henne is a vested veteran.  Once he started week one his salary this year was guaranteed.

So, while those guys were killing him on Sunday he could have at any point decided that he wanted to feign an arm or shoulder injury (God knows he has to be sore now) and then let the kid go out and take a couple lumps for the team.  Even if here were cut now Henne would still get this year's salary.  Henne is enough of a competitor that he chose to fight through it in a hopeless game.  Certainly the fact that if the kid went out there and looked better Henne would never start here again might be a factor.

My real problem with Henne Sunday was the fact that he simply could not read the defense.  He never seemed to adjust to what the defense was obviously about to do.  Personally I would have liked to see if Bortles could handle the blitzes last week better than Henne.  With that said, I do respect him because his salary this year is guaranteed and it still stood tall behind our garbage line and tried to make some plays.

How is it that Henne, a 7yr vet, can't read a defense?

How come he can't make changes at the LOS to combat what the opposing team is going to do?

If he sees a blitz coming, change the play to a quick slant or screen pass to combat that blitz.

The Redskins were a bad team which lost 9 games in a row, so don't give me any excuses that they were any great defense out there.

Why does Henne run so many plays that are destined to fail?

Do the rookie WRs not know the plays well enough for Henne to change them at the LOS?

How hard can it be to run a quick slant pass? I see other teams do it successfully all the time.

These are fair questions.