Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why You Should Respect Chad Henne

Quote:How is it that Henne, a 7yr vet, can't read a defense?

How come he can't make changes at the LOS to combat what the opposing team is going to do?

If he sees a blitz coming, change the play to a quick slant or screen pass to combat that blitz.

The Redskins were a bad team which lost 9 games in a row, so don't give me any excuses that they were any great defense out there.

Why does Henne run so many plays that are destined to fail?

Do the rookie WRs not know the plays well enough for Henne to change them at the LOS?

How hard can it be to run a quick slant pass? I see other teams do it successfully all the time.

These are fair questions.

:thanks:

Banana  Banana  Banana  Banana   I knew I wasnt crazy. Banana  Banana Banana  Banana  

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I respect Henne. He just happens not to be the best QB on the team, so he shouldn't be the starter.
what he said..

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 04:14 PM by HiggyJ15.)

Henne is not a very good leader or competitor

Stop it.  He sucks.  It's ok.  I've said before that I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he sucks.  You don't have to walk the company line with the coach in order to be a good fan of the team.

I respect Henne. He takes a licking and keeps on ticking.... I just haven't figured out when he's going to spontaneously combust from all the pressure.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Just too many pump-fakes, then sack...

No time for that.. and he could be a half-step further back in the shotgun.

Why no quick slant as mentioned above, or toss the screen over the gang-of-eight blitzers..

Quote:How is it that Henne, a 7yr vet, can't read a defense?

How come he can't make changes at the LOS to combat what the opposing team is going to do?

If he sees a blitz coming, change the play to a quick slant or screen pass to combat that blitz.

The Redskins were a bad team which lost 9 games in a row, so don't give me any excuses that they were any great defense out there.

Why does Henne run so many plays that are destined to fail?

Do the rookie WRs not know the plays well enough for Henne to change them at the LOS?

How hard can it be to run a quick slant pass? I see other teams do it successfully all the time.

These are fair questions.

All of these things are true.  All of these things were known when we signed him originally and all of them were known when we gave him an extension this year.

Those are all reasons why Henne is, from a talent point of view, a backup QB or at the very best one of the worst starting quality QB's in the league.  All I was saying was that I do respect the guy for going out there and earning the money he got paid when in reality he does not have to at this point.  Sometime after the 5th or 6th sack he could have grabbed his shoulder and then winced a couple times and let them put Bortles in.  He would still get his salary for the rest of the year and he would not have to get killed behind a garbage line to do it.

The fact that I respect him for earning his pay is not the same as saying I think he should be a starting QB.  I thought we should have put the kid in when it became obvious that Henne could not figure out what the Skins were doing.

Chad Henne is a class act. You have to be when you're in his position. David Garrard was one of the classiest QBs I've ever seen. That being said, Chad is what he is. He's a marginal QB. He's a gutsy competitor, he obviously cares, and I have no doubt he gives it his all out there, but sometimes your best just isn't good enough. It's a hard learned lesson that far too few learn anymore. I do feel bad for Chad and the situation that he's in... And then I think about how he's made more in his 2 years in Jax than I probably will in my lifetime and I have a bit less empathy for him.
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 10:09 PM by CSO14.)

I respect him for this, not his recent QB play.

[Image: hennefight_medium.gif]

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

I can't take it Henne more!

Regards.....................the Chiefjag

Quote:Just too many pump-fakes, then sack...

Why no quick slant as mentioned above, or toss the screen over the gang-of-eight blitzers..

Any time Henne tries to execute a basic slant play, the ball gets batted down. We can't even execute a Pop Warner play...
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I do respect Henne.

Him having to play is not his fault.  He should never have been out there to start with.

I don't respect the decision to play him.  I just can't.  

It is undeniable that Henne has been bad. I repeat, undeniable. However look at the offense around him and tell me who would be starting on any other team in the NFL right now. Luke and Zane, that's about it. Center, RG, RT and the WR for the past two weeks would not be starters. Same goes for our RB's. Marcedes is debateable whether or not would start for most teams. So while Henne deserves much of the blame since he's the QB, the captain of the ship, he's essentially trying to navigate the North Atlantic using a life raft. Blind. And heavily intoxicated.

Quote:The biggest problem is he is not the best QB on the roster period. It isn't his fault he is awful.

How do you know this?

I think he's a good guy, and he's handling the situation well. And most importantly, he's not the one deciding who starts. Criticizing him is fine. Wouldnt boo him though.

Ive said for a while, i think part of henne starting has to do with his handling of the gabbert situation last year, and his overall demeanor. Im sure the staff respects that. But he has had his chance. It's time to move on.

I respect him for what he really is and that is a serviceable backup QB in the NFL. Regarding the competitor aspect, I see players like Luck diving for 1st downs. Henne plays it safe.

Quote:Just too many pump-fakes, then sack...

Based on what Gus said yesterday about our rookie receivers, those pump fakes could have been Henne about to throw a pass only to realize the WR had crossed him up and not run the route as he should have. Marqise Lee admitted as much when he talked about how lost he was when the Skins ran some coverages he hadn't seen on film.

By the way, if you float a screen pass over the defenders as you suggest, it will very often be a pick-six. That would be a very bad thing to do.

Quote:I do respect Henne.

Him having to play is not his fault.  He should never have been out there to start with.

I don't respect the decision to play him.  I just can't.

I respect the decision to play him. What I do not respect is that, after two years with this regime, our offense is such a train wreck. Two drafts, two off seasons, and we have the worst offense I have ever seen.

It's not Henne's fault we are this bad. It goes much higher up the food chain than that. Most of us like Gus and Dave. I think blaming Henne is just a way to avoid putting blame where it should be. I don't think Gus or Dave should be fired, yet. But it's high time this train start rolling down the tracks. I know building a team takes a long time, but just being competitive should not take more than two years.

I think the OP is dyslexic and meant to title this thread  " Why Should You Respect Chad Henne"

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]