Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ZBS Question

I am not sure, but I think i remember the zone blocking scheme stinking last year and the team moving away from it.  After they moved away from it I remember the O-line playing much better.  Am I making this up or does anyone else remember this?  Could a change help Gerhart by allowing him to run more north to south?

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

we saw him run better in the Eagles game when Fisch decided to run in between the tackles.

it's not a hard concept to understand....Gerhart is better running through A and B gaps.

But for some reason, Fisch won't or doesn't get that.

Henne is also not suited for throwing on the run... but we continue to do it.... I mean, TRY it.

I just noticed ZBS is the focus of the first question in today's O-Zone.  I guess I'm not the only one.  

Gerhart appears slow when running sideline to sideline.  I would rather see him running more downhill.  Maybe Fisch knows something we don't.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:Henne is also not suited for throwing on the run... but we continue to do it.... I mean, TRY it.
[Image: 7_1301170.jpg]

zone scheme blocking is for finesse passing offenses with puney athletic offensive lineman.  Power smash mouth football, running between the tackles is the way to go with big mean road graders.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 11:56 AM by badger.)

Quote:I just noticed ZBS is the focus of the first question in today's O-Zone.  I guess I'm not the only one.  

Gerhart appears slow when running sideline to sideline.  I would rather see him running more downhill.  Maybe Fisch knows something we don't.

It's ok to try these plays sometimes... but our main staples of the offense are horribly suited for who we have (the zone stretch and the stretch PA bootleg).

This is the most concerning thing about this team.  The coaches should be able to put our players in better situations to succeed.

Quote:zone scheme blocking is for finesse passing offenses with puney athletic offensive lineman.  Power smash mouth football, running between the tackles is the way to go with big mean road graders.

We don't have road graders.

Quote:We don't have road graders.

That's the problem. We got O-line men that get pushed around like Beadles and Joeckel.

Quote:zone scheme blocking is for finesse passing offenses with puney athletic offensive lineman.  Power smash mouth football, running between the tackles is the way to go with big mean road graders.

I was just about to post this, we really don't have the personnel to run a ZBS or MBS, we don't have the athleticism up front (especially at C, RG, and RT) to run the ZBS and definitely don't have the road graders to run a power scheme. The issue is talent deficiency up front.

we actually do have road graders, which is why the run looks better when we go between the tackles

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 12:09 PM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:we actually do have road graders, which is why the run looks better when we go between the tackles

what player on our offensive line do you classify as a road grader? I think of guys like Larry Warford, Logan Mankins, Dj Fluker, Duane Brown etcc. The Jags don't have any road graders that I know of.

Quote:we actually do have road graders, which is why the run looks better when we go between the tackles

WHAT

Quote:WHAT

I'm confused as well.

Unfortunately we have ZBS type lineman, and it is Bradley's philosphy that he brings from Seattle.  We have to live with it and hope it works out.

part of the reason that our running game is not working is that Fisch is running zone running plays when we have linemen who are better at inside zone run plays. this is considered a road grader, when they run block well on inside the tackle runs. think about it

Quote:Henne is also not suited for throwing on the run... but we continue to do it.... I mean, TRY it.

The offense is designed for BK5. Think about that.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 12:18 PM by Jagwired.)

Quote:part of the reason that our running game is not working is that Fisch is running zone running plays when we have linemen who are better at inside zone run plays. this is considered a road grader, when they run block well on inside the tackle runs. think about it
Just wrong. all together wrong.

edit, List the players you consider road grader.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:part of the reason that our running game is not working is that Fisch is running zone running plays when we have linemen who are better at inside zone run plays. this is considered a road grader, when they run block well on inside the tackle runs. think about it

Rocdee, I don't think we have the linemen to run either scheme, there's nothing nasty about the Jaguars offensive line that leads me to believe any of them can be road graders. Our starting tackles are finesse protectors who both struggle to generate a push in the run game, especially AP. Zane Beadles has never been a road grader, he's suited for the ZBS, and other than his 2012 year he hasn't been very good. Brandon Linder is an unknown, but has beaten like a drum in run and pass in his first two games, we arguably have the least talented C in football. The issue has nothing to do with what scheme fits our linemen, the issue is talent, and that won't be fixed until 2015.

Quote: the issue is talent, and that won't be fixed until 2015.

That's optimistic...

One of these years.............