Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles will start week 5 against Pittsburgh

I guarantee it. They'll role with Henne on the road against the Chargers and after another embarrassing performance Bortles will be named the starter for the next game at home. He would have had a month to sit and see how the NFL works. Maybe not quite as long as they would like but it's enough. It will have been 10 months since he started reworking his mechanics. They should be even more consistent than they were in the preseason. Ideally they'd probably like to sit Bortles until around week 7 but starting him 2-3 weeks earlier probably won't make much difference. Will be ironic seeing Bortles get his first start against Big Ben.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I guarantee it. They'll role with Henne on the road against the Chargers and after another embarrassing performance Bortles will be named the starter for the next game at home. He would have had a month to sit and see how the NFL works. Maybe not quite as long as they would like but it's enough. It will have been 10 months since he started reworking his mechanics. They should be even more consistent than they were in the preseason. Ideally they'd probably like to sit Bortles until around week 7 but starting him 2-3 weeks earlier probably won't make much difference. Will be ironic seeing Bortles get his first start against Big Ben.
He had a month before the regular season to see how the NFL works.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Honestly, given how many times gus danced around the all the questions, i wouldnt be shocked at all if he plays this week. "We haven't had that discussion" doesnt mean that the idea isnt in the back of their minds, perhaps just means it hasnt been talked over in great detail. He said they needed to "look at the tape, and see what we did well". We didnt do anything well, so they won't find anything.

I just dont think they can take the risk of going out and having another inept offensive performance this week. If that happens, we will officially be at rock bottom. On the other hand, if it's a loss and bortles struggles a but, that'd be a bit more explainable. Fans are willing to forgive rookie struggles, just not from a 7 year vet

that's not irony, mike.

Quote:that's not irony, mike.

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes...

Quote:Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes...

And if the irony is low then it's pretty anemic.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I guarantee it. They'll role with Henne on the road against the Chargers and after another embarrassing performance Bortles will be named the starter for the next game at home. He would have had a month to sit and see how the NFL works. Maybe not quite as long as they would like but it's enough. It will have been 10 months since he started reworking his mechanics. They should be even more consistent than they were in the preseason. Ideally they'd probably like to sit Bortles until around week 7 but starting him 2-3 weeks earlier probably won't make much difference. Will be ironic seeing Bortles get his first start against Big Ben.

Everyone is worried about when Bortles will come to play at this point I'm starting to worry about if Gus will be fired at the end of the season... you cant continue to be blown out by 35+ points every game...

this team actually looks worse than the start of last year....

Personally, i think he starts this week because the situation for them throwing Bortles to the wolves would be perfect for him. The colts is a winnable  opponent and they have a weak pass rushing defense so the fear of the offensive line struggling again is not as a concern for the coaching staff. Also lets factor in the backlash that would be received by the team if they stick with Henne for this game not only from the local media but from the fan base as a whole. It's a reason why for the first time in a while Gus Bradley was noncommittal on Henne starting this week because even he starting to feel the heat for the first time in his coaching career. Gus always knew that he had a lifeline in his pocket (Bortles) for a situation like this and i can not see a scenario where he is not using it.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Will the team have any receivers come week 5?

Quote:And if the irony is low then it's pretty anemic.

LOL I see what you did there.

Quote:Will the team have any receivers come week 5?

Of course we will. Ace Sanders will be back then. Cecil Shorts should be back this week. Allen Hurns might be back too because this is only Week 3. Marqise Lee and Allen Robinson are fine now.

Quote:LOL I see what you did there.
Can you explain it to me? I don't get it

Bortles won't start until Pazstor is back, I think.  If that's what Gus is waiting for (but won't say) then I'm okay with that.  Hopefully Pazstor gets better soon.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Bortles won't start until Pazstor is back, I think.  If that's what Gus is waiting for (but won't say) then I'm okay with that.  Hopefully Pazstor gets better soon.
it seems that they're waiting for the OL to play better period, that's really the only legitimate reason not to start Bortles IMO

Until it may be jeopardizing their job they are staying with Henne. I thought to the Pittsburg game would be the one for Bortles. Now the staff is just being stubborn and think they are trying to prove a point.

It may cost them their job!

Quote:Can you explain it to me? I don't get it

It's a play on words. When your iron is too low, you are anemic.

Quote:Bortles won't start until Pazstor is back, I think.  If that's what Gus is waiting for (but won't say) then I'm okay with that.  Hopefully Pazstor gets better soon.

Isn't Pasztor supposed to be back Sunday? I think NYC4Jag said he will play with a "protective device" on his right hand.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 12:46 PM by jags_r_bake.)

Quote:It's a play on words. When your iron is too low, you are anemic.
But iron is a heavy metal. What do you mean low? Like when I put my brick of iron on the ground (too low)?

So confused.

So we'll be 0-5 by then and the season would be washed.

Quote:But iron is a heavy metal. What do you mean low? Like when I put my brick of iron on the ground (too low)?

So confused.

I think they're talking about golf.  Like a nine iron.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke.