Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Interesting quotes from the players

I'll go out on a limb here and guess that many on this board weren't around in 1996.  I remember it distinctly.

Nobody ever thought that a 9-7 wildcard team would make it through the first round of the playoffs.  Jaguars win 30-27.

Nobody ever thought that they would beat the Denver Broncos in the Divisional Round of the playoffs... in Denver.  Jaguars win 30-27.

While we lost in the Championship Game that year, the point is that the Jaguars came out of nowhere and proved all of the critics, fantasy football players and even the fans wrong.  Thus the "do you believe in miracles?" campaign.  That's where my screen name came from by the way.

I remember going down to the stadium that night, and that was my first experience ever in an NFL stadium.  I grabbed season tickets and held them for several seasons, only giving them up for personal reasons within the last few years.

I'm not saying that the current team is going to somehow come out of nowhere and make it that far.  What I am saying though is the foundation is being layed down.  We have a good young quarterback that is the future of this franchise, some promising young wide receivers and other players that can get us to that point.

It's going to happen.  We're going to take our lumps as the team grows and learns, but eventually it's going to happen again.  All I'm saying is stay positive.

I started this thread because I have not seen this kind of dedication, nor these kinds of comments coming from players in a long time.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'll go out on a limb here and guess that many on this board weren't around in 1996.  I remember it distinctly.

Nobody ever thought that a 9-7 wildcard team would make it through the first round of the playoffs.  Jaguars win 30-27.

Nobody ever thought that they would beat the Denver Broncos in the Divisional Round of the playoffs... in Denver.  Jaguars win 30-27.

While we lost in the Championship Game that year, the point is that the Jaguars came out of nowhere and proved all of the critics, fantasy football players and even the fans wrong.  Thus the "do you believe in miracles?" campaign.  That's where my screen name came from by the way.

I remember going down to the stadium that night, and that was my first experience ever in an NFL stadium.  I grabbed season tickets and held them for several seasons, only giving them up for personal reasons within the last few years.

I'm not saying that the current team is going to somehow come out of nowhere and make it that far.  What I am saying though is the foundation is being layed down.  We have a good young quarterback that is the future of this franchise, some promising young wide receivers and other players that can get us to that point.

It's going to happen.  We're going to take our lumps as the team grows and learns, but eventually it's going to happen again.  All I'm saying is stay positive.

I started this thread because I have not seen this kind of dedication, nor these kinds of comments coming from players in a long time.

I'm with ya bro'!  Count me in on all counts.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:I'll go out on a limb here and guess that many on this board weren't around in 1996. I remember it distinctly.

Nobody ever thought that a 9-7 wildcard team would make it through the first round of the playoffs. Jaguars win 30-27.

Nobody ever thought that they would beat the Denver Broncos in the Divisional Round of the playoffs... in Denver. Jaguars win 30-27.

While we lost in the Championship Game that year, the point is that the Jaguars came out of nowhere and proved all of the critics, fantasy football players and even the fans wrong. Thus the "do you believe in miracles?" campaign. That's where my screen name came from by the way.

I remember going down to the stadium that night, and that was my first experience ever in an NFL stadium. I grabbed season tickets and held them for several seasons, only giving them up for personal reasons within the last few years.

I'm not saying that the current team is going to somehow come out of nowhere and make it that far. What I am saying though is the foundation is being layed down. We have a good young quarterback that is the future of this franchise, some promising young wide receivers and other players that can get us to that point.

It's going to happen. We're going to take our lumps as the team grows and learns, but eventually it's going to happen again. All I'm saying is stay positive.

Yea, look back at the scores from that season. Were we getting our butts kicked like we are these days? Nope. One bad loss, 28-3 vs PIT, and all of our other losses were close. This is a second year expansion team btw.

The constant whoopings we are taking these days is unprecedented in franchise history, and extremely rare in NFL history.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

The difference in 1996 and now is we were 4-7 at one point in the season. We went on a 5 game winning streak to end the season.  The 7 games we lost 5 of them were by a touchdown or LESS! We were in those games.  As of last season's 12 losses and this year's 2, only 2 of them were by a TD or less. TWO of 14!

We have a long way to go to become close to the 1996 team.

Regards.....................the Chiefjag

Some people are still preaching patience and saying we're being unreasonable for wanting results already. I, like most that have posted in here, don't care if we win or lose (I would obviously prefer we win) I just want to see a good, competitive product on the field..

So forgive me for being frustrated and completely fed up when I see our big free agent signing at OG getting routinely pushed into the backfield as if he's on roller skates

Or our former 2nd overall pick being put on his [BLEEP] so much it's been imprinted into the turf

Or our big FA signing at RB getting knocked over by a single tackler like his legs were made of straw

Or our veteran DBs blowing a coverage or being out of position for the 100th time.

Or watching our QB that the coaching staff has deemed the undisputed starter stare down the rush and refuse to climb the pocket.

Or watching the QB that is leaps and bounds better than our starting QB, who was taken 3rd overall, sit on the bench for some inexplicable reason while the inferior QB is on the field padding the opposing team's defensive stats.

And lastly, to have the least reliable, most oft injured WR on the team cop an attitude and call the fans out for being unhappy with the product on the field? I really must be in the twilight zone...
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The 1996 jaguars would beat the 2014 Jaguars by at least 3 touchdowns.

I think even the 1995 jaguars would beat us
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:The 1996 jaguars would beat the 2014 Jaguars by at least 3 touchdowns.

I think even the 1995 jaguars would beat us
I doubt we could even score on the '94 Jags.

Quote:I doubt we could even score on the '94 Jags.
Yeah we coul---- hey, wait a minute...