Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Interesting quotes from the players

Quote:I just got a copy of Gus' interview template that he gave to the players....

[insert name here] is our guy.  We have total confidence in [insert name here].  We need to play better as a team to give [insert name here] every chance possible to succeed. 

I remember Mularkey saying the same crapola with BG.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I remember Mularkey saying the same crapola with BG.

Kick us while we're down. It's not bad enough we're dealing with this flaming bag of poo on the field currently but then you go and bring up the Mularkey era? What a bunch of mularkey! :woot:

10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Don't think you need film study to know an [BAD WORD REMOVED] kicking when you see one

Players aren't going to bash their teammates. They said the same about Gabbert.

Unless that player is a terrible person, players aren't going to say he's not a good player. They're going to have their buddy's back. And it's admirable. But that doesn't make him correct.

I'd be more concerned if the players all hated Henne. Which, I'm sure he's a nice enough guy. But that doesn't make you a good qb.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

” Shorts said. “Now, if you’re better than Chad, bring your butt here and play quarterback. You feel me?

This was the especially cute part of his statement. Really Cecil? No I don't feel you. That's a statement one would make to another player that was talking trash about  Henne. Not the fans who question him. But apparently football is to complicated for us non players to understand.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 08:31 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Quote:” Shorts said. “Now, if you’re better than Chad, bring your butt here and play quarterback. You feel me?

Did he really say this?  And was he looking at Blake Bortles while he said it?  

Also wasn't it T.O. that called Romo HIS Quarterback?

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:May the force be with you.

Did you mean " May the farce be with you ?"

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

[Image: c5ha0.jpg]via Imgflip Meme Maker

I learned a long time ago that talk is cheap.

Anybody can say anything they want and that doesn't change anything at all.

The only way to change things is by action, as in taking action.

They can say "we need to do this" or "we need to get better here" or "we need to play better as a unit" all they want, AND IT WON'T CHANGE A THING.

TALK IS CHEAP.

Your actions will determine "if you did this" or "if you got better here" or "if you played better as a unit".

We can all see what you need to do, even the non-football people.

To a man, each and every one of them need to focus on DOING THEIR JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:” Shorts said. “Now, if you’re better than Chad, bring your butt here and play quarterback. You feel me?

This was the especially cute part of his statement. Really Cecil? No I don't feel you. That's a statement one would make to another player that was talking trash about  Henne. Not the fans who question him. But apparently football is to complicated for us non players to understand.

Shorts wasn't saying football was to complicated for us non players to understand, but what do you know about about playing professional football? Cuz I sure as he'll don't know a damn thing, I only go by what I watch on my television as I'm sure most of us fans do, and what he was saying was that it's bigger than what we watch on T.V point blank he wasn't trying to insult us

The Shorts quotes would be funny if I wasn't so sick after watching the first two games. Anyone that thinks someone "is the guy" after the embarrassing showings over the last two weeks should be let go because they have a loser mentality.  

Said by the player who hasn't played a snap in the regular season

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Actually, it's Commander Spock.  :thumbsup:

Keep your ridiculous quotes and opinions to yourself, fake Spock. 

Cecil doesn't have a leg to stand on.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 12:37 AM by haveaseat.)

This crap with Henne starting is why NFL fans are sick and gladly cheer injuries. Front offices will preach competition and don't play the best player. It gets to the point where fans are so sick of losing and whatnot that they don't care what it takes to get the right guy in.

Remember how hard Bradley pushed for Gabbert? Everyone knew he sucked and nothing was ever in the tank. Chad comes in and looks marginally better after Gabbert gets hurt and then the same campaigning for Chad begins this season.

Lets stop being a franchise who is so fearful of making a big move and start being feared.

Quote:The part in bold is what I have always thought.

This is exactly the attitude that I like seeing.

Again, this is the attitude that I like to see. Analyze and identify the problem(s) and correct them.

It's very nice of Cecil to support Chad. If we're lucky they're both on the same non-Jaguar team next year.

Meanwhile Shorts will probably miss another game this week.

I thought Cecil hurt his hamstring? ? But he clearly is still suffering from concussion symptoms

Cecil can take chad with him when he limps out of here in February.

Of course Shorts is for Henne, if it wasn't for Henne feeding the ball to him in garbage time, he would have been another one of Gene's forgotten misfits.