Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Interesting quotes from the players

pretty sure shorts was saying the same things about gabbert. then when henne took over, he had confidence in henne. he's a politican.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:pretty sure shorts was saying the same things about gabbert. then when henne took over, he had confidence in henne. he's a politican.
"Pull up your shorts for Shorts."

Shorts answered the question with an attitude. It was likely his way of trying to say don't ask me about Henne again but to me it came off as not wanting to be bothered by the question. Challenging others to get your butt down here and play, you feel me? was just stupid. He simply could have said I support my starting QB and have been done with it.

YOU PEOPLE DON'T KNOW SQUAT ABOUT MESSAGE BOARDING....IT'S MORE THAN WHAT YOU SEE ON YOUR COMPUTER, IT'S BIGGER THAN THAT

IF YOU THINK YOU CAN POST BETTER THAN ME GET YOUR BUTT OVER HERE AND DO IT. DO YOU FEEL ME?

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 08:50 AM by CSO14.)

HAHAHA ^ I feel ya

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Apparently getting outscored 75-10 looks a lot better on game film that it does on our TV. 

I could copy and paste these same comments from players and coaches last year, the year before that, etc. It's time to stop talking and start doing.

Now I bet you all want cecil traded lol

Quote:Now I bet you all want cecil traded lol

Quote:Now I bet you all want cecil traded lol

You could say that again

Quote:Cecil doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Shorts is our modern day Zack Miller. It's time to cut our loses.

Quote:pretty sure shorts was saying the same things about gabbert. then when henne took over, he had confidence in henne. he's a politican.

What do you expect a WR to say about their QB?  It goes back to playing football as kids if you bad mouth the QB he doesnt throw to you, not to mention all the other NFL Professional things like not bad mouthing a teammate, etc.

I agree

The Roy Miller interview I found more interesting than Cecil's comments actually. He was talking about guys not knowing very basic things about the scheme and you could tell how honestly disgusted he was by his expression as he spoke. You should watch that interview if you haven't. He said something about not being able to "use young as an excuse anymore" and how guys need to know where they're supposed to line up. Wow.

Could explain a lot about what is going on defensively. The slackers, whoever they are need to get their noses into the playbook.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:The Roy Miller interview I found more interesting than Cecil's comments actually. He was talking about guys not knowing very basic things about the scheme and you could tell how honestly disgusted he was by his expression as he spoke. You should watch that interview if you haven't. He said something about not being able to "use young as an excuse anymore" and how guys need to know where they're supposed to line up. Wow.

Could explain a lot about what is going on defensively. The slackers, whoever they are need to get their noses into the playbook.

Was it Red Bryant? Because he said something similar the other day.

Quote:The Roy Miller interview I found more interesting than Cecil's comments actually. He was talking about guys not knowing very basic things about the scheme and you could tell how honestly disgusted he was by his expression as he spoke. You should watch that interview if you haven't. He said something about not being able to "use young as an excuse anymore" and how guys need to know where they're supposed to line up. Wow.

He is truly angry about the situation. I would feel safe in saying that the rooks have heard that sentiment from him long before we did. I hope they soak it in and we will see an urgency in their game this week.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Was it Red Bryant? Because he said something similar the other day.

The one I saw was Miller and he looked very unhappy. I assumed he was talking about the defense.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Agreed. 

But, what Cecil was saying above was really just reiterated by Roy Miller in his interview.  Miller was pretty frank in what he had to say about where the issues lie, and it's clear there are some players who aren't taking learning the playbook as seriously as others. 

Here's the video.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:What do you expect a WR to say about their QB?  It goes back to playing football as kids if you bad mouth the QB he doesnt throw to you, not to mention all the other NFL Professional things like not bad mouthing a teammate, etc.
that was my point...

Shorts commenting on QB play while not being on the field equates to the media pundits weighing in on attacking ISIS while not serving in the military.

Play a few downs in a game, maybe I can say at least you speak from experience.

Practice and last year don't count.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Shorts commenting on QB play while not being on the field equates to the media pundits weighing in on attacking ISIS while not serving in the military.

Play a few downs in a game, maybe I can say at least you speak from experience.

Practice and last year don't count.
Right, because Cecil has never actually played a down in the NFL, right? 

I think this trashing Cecil for speaking his mind is a bit overboard.  He's certainly entitled to express an opinion.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 10:08 AM by trunt87.)

Maybe some should go out there and play. Possibly take Shorts position while they are at it. In 4 yrs Shorts has been on the Jags.... 11-40 record.