Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Just watched the first half and OMGoodness.....

I don't know the outcome of the game yet, nor have I read anything on here or anywhere else, but here's what I see.

We will not win games with:

-our O-line. They may be "doing their best" but that ain't cutting it. At all. It leaks like a sieve giving no time for the running game to be effective. 

-our QB. Our O-line isn't doing Henne any favors, but we know he's not The One anyway. It's still hard to watch him play, but this game was a combination of Henne being Henne and the O-line being horrific.

Those are the 2 things that will cause us to lose. Period. I'm not even going to blame the defense. There are things here and there but this game, so far at the half, I give them a pass. By the time the second quarter started they may as well have been playing through the half already, if not 3 quarters, they were on the field so much. They were gassed by the 2nd Q and that goes back to....

The O-Line and the QB. 

I'm watching the condensed game on NFL Game Rewind as I don't have the time to go through the regular game. The condensed version is where you can watch a whole game in about 30 minutes. They cut out all of the 'fluff'. You're watching only the actual plays, penalties, challenges and significant replays. It's pretty fast paced so I could be missing some stuff, but what I've seen so far is glaringly obvious. And sad. 

Back to the game.....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good grief. I got to the 3rd Q and just couldn't take it anymore after the interception. 

Sorry to ramble, but had to get it off my chest. 

Also, I don't care what made Gene Smith decide to draft Anger as high as he did, I'm just glad he did. It seemed insane at the time but between him and Scobee our losses are not as bad as they could have been. They both may have miscues from time to time but they have either won games for us (particularly Scobee) or have kept the losses at a not-so-catastrophic level. 

I'm rewatching it now and on the first offenseive play I count 10 guy within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage and we are in the shot gun on 1 and 10. That's all I need to know right there.

Their defense came out with the idea that Henne could t beat them in the first quarter lol.

Lol eight defenders on the line of scrimmage and we are in shotgun.

Quote:Lol eight defenders on the line of scrimmage and we are in shotgun.

Haha yea, that's really really bad.

Where were the short passes and screens with all 8 of them blitzing like that? Why did we continue to stay in shotgun and do long designed routes??? It's disgusting.

You're in for a real treat for the 4th Quarter comeback.  Can't believe you haven't heard about it already.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Haha yea, that's really really bad.
I feel like i really don't need to rewatch after seeing this. I still have it paused there. I know football and when I see that, it tells me the game plan is to challenge the qb all day. He may can hit one or two deep passes here and there but if he cant continue to do it then they will feast and that they did. The Eagles set the game plan and every other team will play like this against us for the rest of the year. Like I said this is just like 2009 all over again. Its the same defensive scheme every team played against us that year. Thats why we either blew them out or got blown out. 

I must admit that I forget we do have such a young team with many rookies and I know that will be a factor. But dang.....it's was just ugly. And sad.

I should have had a beer when I watched it. I don't think even Guinness Extra Stout would have helped though. 

Oh, and the sacks. When I stopped watching Henne had already been sacked 8 times. I don't care how bad Henne is, he doesn't deserve that. Some of that is on him for sure, but our turnstile of an O-line is ridiculous.

When the O line plays good, Henne throws the game away. When they play bad, we still lose.

The common factor and UNDENIABLE fact is that when Henne starts, the Jags record is 5 wins and 22 losses. Yes, he's only got 5 wins in 27 attempts.

I'd rather be paying to watch Tebow than Henne. At least Tebow has an irrepressible will to win... and he doesn't throw more interceptions than TDs like chad does.

Am I the only one wondering what goes through coaches' minds when they put on the tape Monday to game plan for us the coming week? I have to imagine they relax a bit and probably even chuckle a bit at our offensive ineptitude.. Then take the rest of the day off
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Quote:Good grief. I got to the 3rd Q and just couldn't take it anymore after the interception. 

Sorry to ramble, but had to get it off my chest. 

Also, I don't care what made Gene Smith decide to draft Anger as high as he did, I'm just glad he did. It seemed insane at the time but between him and Scobee our losses are not as bad as they could have been. They both may have miscues from time to time but they have either won games for us (particularly Scobee) or have kept the losses at a not-so-catastrophic level. 
You can't be serious with that!

Quote:When the O line plays good, Henne throws the game away. When they play bad, we still lose.

The common factor and UNDENIABLE fact is that when Henne starts, the Jags record is 5 wins and 22 losses. Yes, he's only got 5 wins in 27 attempts.

I'd rather be paying to watch Tebow than Henne. At least Tebow has an irrepressible will to win... and he doesn't throw more interceptions than TDs like chad does.
Get out of here with your Teblow crap, it's annoying enough around here already.

Quote:When the O line plays good, Henne throws the game away. When they play bad, we still lose.

NO.

Quote:I'm rewatching it now and on the first offenseive play I count 10 guy within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage and we are in the shot gun on 1 and 10. That's all I need to know right there.

Their defense came out with the idea that Henne could t beat them in the first quarter lol.

Or, maybe they thought our WRs couldn't beat them.  

Quote:You can't be serious with that!

Yes I am. You can't tell me he hasn't been worth it. 

Anger is average. 15th in net average and 9th in average, which is probably inflated by the fact that we're never punting from midfield.

Quote:Yes I am. You can't tell me he hasn't been worth it. 
It was the freakin 3rd round!  Go back and look who was still on the board, then use your edit button to change your posts to something resembling a sensible opinion.

Please this is the forum for an NFL team (in spite of the way they played Sunday).  Nobody here wants to hear about your crush on a college boy has-been, trust me.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Or, maybe they thought our WRs couldn't beat them.  
I think the rules changes would allow for these guys to be open at least 1/2 of the time. You cant really believe that out of 5 options to throw to nobody was open? I'm watching Brady and Cam Newton throw to no name scrubs who have no more experince than our guys but they are making it look quite easy. Outside of Percy, Wilson has no names at the wide out position. Hoyer even moved the ball with no Josh Gordon lol. This can keep going on and on. That excuse is over now. The game is too wide open now. Your defense has to be really elite to stop even and average qb from throwing 200 yards now. We didn't even get that yesterday.