Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Just watched the first half and OMGoodness.....

Quote:It was the freakin 3rd round!  Go back and look who was still on the board, then use your edit button to change your posts to something resembling a sensible opinion.

I stand by my statement. Sorry if you don't like it. He may not be THE best, but he's saved our bacon many times.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:When the O line plays good, Henne throws the game away. When they play bad, we still lose.

The common factor and UNDENIABLE fact is that when Henne starts, the Jags record is 5 wins and 22 losses. Yes, he's only got 5 wins in 27 attempts.

I'd rather be paying to watch Tebow than Henne. At least Tebow has an irrepressible will to win... and he doesn't throw more interceptions than TDs like chad does.

You sign up here to advocate a Tebow for QB?

Tebow would make Henne look like Manning.

Geez. I thought the Tim talk was over.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:I stand by my statement. Sorry if you don't like it. He may not be THE best, but he's saved our bacon many times.
He's saved our bacon how?  Since he's been drafted we are 6 - 28.  What would that look like with Wilson?  He's a punter, he doesnt win games and he certainly hasn't made an appreciable difference for this team.

Glad we took a punter in the 3rd?

Uh huh. Like a decent OLineman was out of the question. Amongst a dozen other positions?

Maybe some players that we wouldn't need to punt as often.

Arguably one of the worst picks in a third round...especially with all the other needs.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Glad we took a punter in the 3rd?

Uh huh. Like a decent OLineman was out of the question. Amongst a dozen other positions?

Arguably one of the worst picks in a third round...especially with all the other needs.
Exactly.

Quote:I stand by my statement. Sorry if you don't like it. He may not be THE best, but he's saved our bacon many times.

Washington's punter had a 61 yard punt yesterday. Even with a moderate return by Brown, it netted over 50 yards. I can't tell you the punter's name and I can't tell you what round he was drafted in, but I don't have to. I know he wasn't taken in the 3rd round and I'd wager he wasn't taken in the 4th round even. You could find a serviceable punter sitting on his couch waiting for a phone call right now. Just because Gene signed God awful Matt Turk doesn't mean there weren't any better options out there
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Quote:Glad we took a punter in the 3rd?

<p style="font-size:14.3999996185303px;">I guess I am looking at Anger as being a good pick for the team we have now, not the team we could have possibly had if we had gotten better players. Obviously there were other positions we had a need to fill, but we didn't and that sucks. In that respect, yes it was a bad move. But like I said, I'm looking at it from the POV of the team we have now. 

<p style="font-size:14.3999996185303px;"> 

<p style="font-size:14.3999996185303px;">And it's not just on him that this team has been circling the drain. There's plenty of blame to go around

Rag on Tebow all you want, but as history states: Tebow has more wins than Henne, throws less INT's and wouldn't throw for 7 yards when you are on a 4th and 16.

Quote:Good grief. I got to the 3rd Q and just couldn't take it anymore after the interception. 

Sorry to ramble, but had to get it off my chest. 

Also, I don't care what made Gene Smith decide to draft Anger as high as he did, I'm just glad he did. It seemed insane at the time but between him and Scobee our losses are not as bad as they could have been. They both may have miscues from time to time but they have either won games for us (particularly Scobee) or have kept the losses at a not-so-catastrophic level. 

Welp, Anger is 9th in average for the season...

The other 8 dudes ahead of him...

6th round pick

5th round

7th round

Undrafted

5th round

Undrafted

Undrafted

6th round

It still makes me laugh in sadness that he was drafted in the 3rd round lol.

http://www.nfl.com/player/bryananger/2533000/draft

I hate myself for even thinking this but I would rather watch Tebow as our QB than Henne.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Please, no more about Tebow on this team. I like the guy, but he's not in the NFL so he's irrelevant. If you want to watch him turn on Good Morning America. Apparently it's his new gig.

we lost.  sorry to take away the element of surprise and ruin the suspense of watching the 4th quarter.

Quote:Am I the only one wondering what goes through coaches' minds when they put on the tape Monday to game plan for us the coming week? I have to imagine they relax a bit and probably even chuckle a bit at our offensive ineptitude.. Then take the rest of the day off

There's no doubt the opposing coaches have a smile on their face when they know the Jags are the next team on their schedule.

It's their lightest work week of the entire NFL season.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:When the O line plays good, Henne throws the game away. When they play bad, we still lose.

The common factor and UNDENIABLE fact is that when Henne starts, the Jags record is 5 wins and 22 losses. Yes, he's only got 5 wins in 27 attempts.

I'd rather be paying to watch Tebow than Henne. At least Tebow has an irrepressible will to win... and he doesn't throw more interceptions than TDs like chad does.

Actually Henne's record as Jags starting QB is 5-16, counting both losses this season.

It's Gabberts starting record for the Jags, that's 5-22.

But don't worry, you might be a bit of a fortune teller b/c it sure looks like Henne is well on his way to 5-22, or certainly something very close to it, unless something miraculous happens.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

[Image: i-dont-always-hate-an-nfl-team-for-sucki...aguars.jpg]

One of these years.............

so it's only going to take 6 straight losses for Henne to tie Gabbert at 5-22 for his career record w/ the Jags ?  Heck, let it roll !!!   Start Henne !! 

Quote:Anger is average. 15th in net average and 9th in average, which is probably inflated by the fact that we're never punting from midfield.

A punter taken in the 3rd round should be a Pro Bowl Punter almost every year...

I don't care who you are...now that's funny!

Quote:[Image: i-dont-always-hate-an-nfl-team-for-sucki...aguars.jpg]

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

So ya hate the Jags, do ya? For being bad for 6 or 7 years? Really? Hey, I know, there are PLENTY of good teams out there that you can follow. Just don't forget to update your allegience from year to year as the standings change so you can make sure to stay out front!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:So ya hate the Jags, do ya? For being bad for 6 or 7 years? Really? Hey, I know, there are PLENTY of good teams out there that you can follow. Just don't forget to update your allegience from year to year as the standings change so you can make sure to stay out front!

Yeah. I'm with ya. Hate the losing. Lousy performances. But not the team

How's that saying go...hate the sin, not the sinner.

But if the bad play were sins...these cats would be certainly hell bound.
Blakes Life Matters