Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Blake Bortles ready to start?

Let's just bring Bortles in and move the pocket around alot and let him use his athleticism. I don't think he would be ruined if he struggles.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Did you ever see the letter C and four stars on Chad Henne's right shoulder? That means he is a leader in the locker room and still respected by his teammates. He is just not a good quarterback.

I just thought the C stood for Chad and the 4 stars were one star for each victory Henne has as a starting QB, since he has been in the NFL.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:It would be hard to imagine that BB could play any better than Henne did in the 1st quarter and a half against the Eagles.

It would be hard to imagine that BB could play any worse than Henne did after the 1st quarter and a half against the Eagles and all game against the Redskins.
I think some of you live in a bubble.

Rookie QBs have been know to play a lot worse than Henne's last 6 quarters. Especially under that kind of pressure. They usually become turnover machines.

To say you can't imagine that happening is basically saying you don't remember ever watching a rookie QB play.

Quote:I think some of you live in a bubble.

Rookie QBs have been know to play a lot worse than Henne's last 6 quarters. Especially under that kind of pressure. They usually become turnover machines.

To say you can't imagine that happening is basically saying you don't remember ever watching a rookie QB play.

No bubble here. I'm aware of how bad rookie QBs can look, I saw one here in Jax a few years ago who looked like he didn't even belong on a football field.

I've seen more then a few rookie QBs look pretty bad out there.

I have also seen rookie QBs actually look like they know what they are doing out there.

Luck led a bad team to 11 wins his rookie season and to the playoffs.

RG3 led his team to a 9-6 record and won ROTY.

Russell Wilson led his team to a 11-5 record his rookie year.

Although I am only basing it on what I saw in the preseason, I stand by what i said. It would be hard to play much worse than Henne has after the first qtr and a half of the Eagles game.

Will BB look like he did in the preseason, heck no, but all he has to do is be better than what Henne has been for the last 6 1/2 qtrs of football.

Heck, even if he plays about the same as Henne, he's a rookie. Henne is a 7 yr vet and should be playing much better than he has been.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Henne is the only player on offense playing NFL football.  Maybe Marcedes Lewis before he got hurt.  Everybody else has been a liability or wildly inconsistent.

The o-line play has to improve or we won't have any healthy QBs in a few weeks.

Lolwut

Quote:Then let me elaborate my point. Do you rather a QB that's going to hold onto the ball waiting for his guy to get open in which exposes him to more sacks or do you prefer a QB that's going to sling it as he sees it that trusts his arm which opens the possibility for interceptions. That's what I think they're considering

I would rather have a quarterback who goes through his progressions to look for an open receiver before throwing the ball than one who locks his eyes on one guy waiting for him to get open.

Quote:I would rather have a quarterback who goes through his progressions to look for an open receiver before throwing the ball than one who locks his eyes on one guy waiting for him to get open.
Please point to the evidence where Henne consistently looks off a safety and goes to his second read. I'd love to see it.

Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:Please point to the evidence where Henne consistently looks off a safety and goes to his second read. I'd love to see it.

I don't know what takes him so long to get rid of the ball, but I do know sometimes he has enough time to go through his progressions before he gets sacked.

If Blake Bortles holds the ball for the same amount of time, but looks at everybody instead of just the first read, do you think he would get sacked?

He's ready. I'm ready. You're ready. The players are ready. The coaches are getting ready.

No one is safe.

yes

Quote:I don't know what takes him so long to get rid of the ball, but I do know sometimes he has enough time to go through his progressions before he gets sacked.

If Blake Bortles holds the ball for the same amount of time, but looks at everybody instead of just the first read, do you think he would get sacked?
So you know what progressions Henne has yet you don't understand sarcasm? And you root for the Broncos?!

Quote:So you know what progressions Henne has yet you don't understand sarcasm? And you root for the Broncos?

I never said I know what progressions Henne has. I only said he has enough time in the pocket to read all of them regardless of what they are.

Rooting for the Broncos too is irrelevant.

With bortles imo we can beat indy

Quote:With Bortles imo we can beat Indy.

Bortles will not have Lewis to throw to and probably not Hurns either. If Toby Gerhart can't run more than 8 yards, we are doomed.

Quote:Bortles will not have Lewis to throw to and probably not Hurns either. If Toby Gerhart can't run more than 8 yards, we are doomed.

Bortles showed in his days at ucf and in the preseason that he likes to go deep early and often which will help the run game a lot, henne was a bit of a checkdown chuck

Quote:Bortles showed in his days at UCF and in the preseason that he likes to go deep early and often which will help the run game a lot. Henne was a bit of a checkdown chuck.

It will be interesting to see what plays Fisch calls for the first game Bortles plays in, whether it is against the Colts or later in the season.

I've watched Bortles play since he started at UCF and he is definitely not going to let getting hit a few times scare him off of making big plays. Whenever he got sacked or hit he always seemed to come back and make a huge throw. It's a funny thing how that slows down the rush for the future. With henne the defense knows that he just falls down at any chance of getting sacked so of course he is going to get sacked a ton.

Of course our O-line isnt the good but with a solid quarterback that will at least take some chances and stand up in the pocket and make the throws the rush won't be nearly as bad and we might actually we able to run the ball. Crazy how that works.

Quote:It will be interesting to see what plays Fisch calls for the first game Bortles plays in, whether it is against the Colts or later in the season.
im sure it will be similar to what he does with henne, difference being Bortles wont shy away from the deep routes

Quote:It will be interesting to see what plays Fisch calls for the first game Bortles plays in, whether it is against the Colts or later in the season.
I hope Fisch opens the playbook and lets Bortles take some shots, that is where he is at his best. I know at UCF their head coach O'Leary was very reserved on his playcalling for the most part which put us in a bunch of close games. Then in the last couple drives he would let Bortles do his thing and he would push the team down the field consistently

Quote:im sure it will be similar to what he does with henne, difference being Bortles wont shy away from the deep routes
Exactly.  Then fans on here won't be calling for Fisch's head when they realize he actually wants the offense to be dynamic.