Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Henne on the running game

“It goes back to not being able to run the football,” said Henne, who completed 14 of 28 passes for 193 yards and a touchdown with no interceptions. “They were on our routes in the quick game and we couldn’t the ball off in the deep passing game.”

Is he calling out the o-line, Fisch, or Gerhart?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He needs to call himself out for holding onto the ball way too long and gabberting everytime one got super close

Quote:“It goes back to not being able to run the football,” said Henne, who completed 14 of 28 passes for 193 yards and a touchdown with no interceptions. “They were on our routes in the quick game and we couldn’t the ball off in the deep passing game.”

He is right in the sense the running game is a liability.

But as a QB, is it right for him to point fingers publicly?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:“It goes back to not being able to run the football,” said Henne, who completed 14 of 28 passes for 193 yards and a touchdown with no interceptions. “They were on our routes in the quick game and we couldn’t the ball off in the deep passing game.”

Curious what the question was. But if he really did call out the RB or the OL, that would be the last straw for me as the HC.

Does he every check out of the called play?  I'm very interested to know.

I feel that he goes with what is called because they are watering everything down for him.  Honestly the NFL defenses are pretty sophisticated and they watch film.  How hard is it to take away what Henne does well?  He does nothing well so just sitting in the flats and boxing out the receivers confounds him.

I am so tired of seeing him trot out there play after play.  If the QB play is atrocious how is anything else going to improve?

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Redskins bring the house meaning at least one person is wide. Henne throws into double coverage meaning two people are wide.

Let's make believe the first pass is caught and goes in for a score.  How much does the game really change?  Maybe they have a bit more confidence but do we really believe that is the one play that ruined the day?

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

It's difficult to run when 8 defenders are in the box.

Quote:Does he every check out of the called play? I'm very interested to know.

I feel that he goes with what is called because they are watering everything down for him. Honestly the NFL defenses are pretty sophisticated and they watch film. How hard is it to take away what Henne does well? He does nothing well so just sitting in the flats and boxing out the receivers confounds him.

I am so tired of seeing him trot out there play after play. If the QB play is atrocious how is anything else going to improve?
This right here

Quote:It's difficult to run when you can't fight your way out of a wet paper bag.

Fixed that for ya
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 10:40 AM by JagsFan1.)

Quote:It's difficult to run when 8 defenders are in the box.
For MJD in his prime no. But for Gerhart and our backs now yes. The D plays us wanting Henne to beat them. They know he's not throwing down the field. He should have had at least 3 picks yesterday.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 10:41 AM by badger.)

Blame the front office for starting the season with this joke of an offensive line.

The line is not going to suddenly become stronger.  Unless we find some bigger guys who can actually block in the run game, you can forget about us winning any games.

So he didn't mention that he held the ball too long and was indecisive?  Hmm.

Quote:He is right in the sense the running game is a liability.

But as a QB, is it right for him to point fingers publicly?

After the beating he took, he can say whatever he wants imo.

Let's go with Gus's philosophy and bench Gerhart until the online is fixed. He's just gonna get hurt running behind those guys. <sarcasm>

Quote:So he didn't mention that he held the ball too long and was indecisive?  Hmm.

If the DBs are jumping the routes and the throw would be intercepted, what is he supposed to do?  Throw it away?  Ok, but if the rush is right in your face, that risks a sack fumble.

Quote:Blame the front office for starting the season with this joke of an offensive line.

The line is not going to suddenly become stronger.  Unless we find some bigger guys who can actually block in the run game, you can forget about us winning any games.

No, I blame the higher-ups who made the decision to pigeon-hole Bortles into the backup spot.  It should have been a competition, which he would have won and he'd be playing.  That's who I blame.

Quote:If the DBs are jumping the routes and the throw would be intercepted, what is he supposed to do?  Throw it away?  Ok, but if the rush is right in your face, that risks a sack fumble.

Really?  Throwing the ball 20 yards out of bounds in the direction of an eligible receiver risks a sack/fumble?  OMG, I feel so much better now.  Please allow Henne to suck the rest of the year cause now I'm good with it.  /sarcasm

I don't recall Henne once checking to a different play.

Quote:Really?  Throwing the ball 20 yards out of bounds in the direction of an eligible receiver risks a sack/fumble?  OMG, I feel so much better now.  Please allow Henne to suck the rest of the year cause now I'm good with it.  /sarcasm

ya it does if a pass rusher is on you in  literally 2 seconds.