Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Henne on the running game

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 10:48 AM by badger.)

Quote:I don't recall Henne once checking to a different play.

and we threw very few screens to the running back... idk if these coaches understand how to exploit a blitz.  we had no answer.

every other team I watch has a QB who can "KILL KILL" a play and call something else.  we are running a high school level scheme.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:“It goes back to not being able to run the football,” said Henne, who completed 14 of 28 passes for 193 yards and a touchdown with no interceptions. “They were on our routes in the quick game and we couldn’t the ball off in the deep passing game.”

Is he calling out the o-line, Fisch, or Gerhart?

He does have a point though, when you cant run at all in the last two weeks teams realize they dont have to stack the box and can go into quater, dollar or blitz packages without fear...

Quote:and we threw very few screens to the running back... idk if these coaches understand how to exploit a blitz.  we had no answer.

I am not sure if its true or not but I remember hearing about how Fisch gave Chad Henne total control of calling audibles at any time he feels necessary because they trust him so much prior to the start of the Eagles game...

if that is true why didnt Chad call for screen passes to help on the blitz?

Quote:He does have a point though, when you cant run at all in the last two weeks teams realize they dont have to stack the box and can go into quater, dollar or blitz packages without fear...

people underestimate how bad our running game is and how that affects everybody

Quote:I am not sure if its true or not but I remember hearing about how Fisch gave Chad Henne total control of calling audibles at any time he feels necessary because they trust him so much prior to the start of the Eagles game...

if that is true why didnt Chad call for screen passes to help on the blitz?

I have no idea.  noise maybe?  he looked helpless out there.

Quote:He does have a point though, when you cant run at all in the last two weeks teams realize they dont have to stack the box and can go into quater, dollar or blitz packages without fear...

The reason they can't run is because defenses are sending 5-6 guys every single down.  They know Henne can't beat them in the air.  Nobody can run at 5 and 6 man blitzes all the time.  Defenses are going to continue to do that until Henne is no longer in the game because they know he can't play.  Period.

Quote:and we threw very few screens to the running back... idk if these coaches understand how to exploit a blitz. we had no answer.

every other team I watch has a QB who can "KILL KILL" a play and call something else. we are running a high school level scheme.
Cause we're starting a high school level QB in Chad Henne.

Quote:people underestimate how bad our running game is and how that affects everybody

They also underestimate how bad our qb is and that definitely effects the whole roster. Teams don't respect him and the more tape it is the worse it will get. If he was just to "huck & chuck" the ball down field for a half without caring the results it would back up the defense. Hoping your primary receiver gets open every time in less than four seconds wont work like this.

Quote:The reason they can't run is because defenses are sending 5-6 guys every single down.  They know Henne can't beat them in the air.  Nobody can run at 5 and 6 man blitzes all the time.  Defenses are going to continue to do that until Henne is no longer in the game because they know he can't play.  Period.

That isn't THE reason, it's part of the problem, but the MAIN reason we cant run is because our line is ridiculously horrible.

Quote:I don't recall Henne once checking to a different play.

He has the authority to do it. I remember one instance of him checking into a running play that went for no yards, IIRC.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.