Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Running back Situation

Fisch should have been gone last year.  Especially if Caldwell believed he would find a QB in this year's draft.  Unfortunately I think we're stuck with him for next year too.  And I think we need to.  Because we don't want Bortles to have to learn two offensive systems back to back years.  

I think Gerhart wasn't a good pickup.  It's hard to say at this point.  It could be the scheme.  If they changed it, we'd know.  Not sure why they haven't.  Or at least tried utilizing our other RB's.

Hopefully Fisch will be able to do more once we have Bortles in there.  I'm hoping he's just been limited by the personnel.  I'd hope they would try to work with what they have though.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Fisch should have been gone last year.  Especially if Caldwell believed he would find a QB in this year's draft.  Unfortunately I think we're stuck with him for next year too.  And I think we need to.  Because we don't want Bortles to have to learn two offensive systems back to back years.  

I think Gerhart wasn't a good pickup.  It's hard to say at this point.  It could be the scheme.  If they changed it, we'd know.  Not sure why they haven't.  Or at least tried utilizing our other RB's.

Hopefully Fisch will be able to do more once we have Bortles in there.  I'm hoping he's just been limited by the personnel.  I'd hope they would try to work with what they have though.

There's a reason why Fisch has been "one and done" for a lot of teams he's been a part of.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

[Image: k4dysi.png]

Quote:It's simple: speed to the outside, iron to the middle. Gerhart is iron, Robinson is speed.

You would think this would be a simple concept.... but im seeing DRob run between the tackles the 1-2 times he does get a carry while Gerhart is running sideways almost every carry.

Fisch needs to learn to football or something.

out of all the good offensive coaches in the nfl and ncaa im not sure why they hired Fisch

Quote:out of all the good offensive coaches in the nfl and ncaa im not sure why they hired Fisch
agreed

Does anyone else remember when it was said that we were going to be running the ball more than passing it?

It occurred to me yesterday that "Slowby Gerhart" perhaps was not accurate. Judging by how quickly Gerhart goes down after first contact (which he excels at finding), I wonder if Amelia Gerhart might be a better moniker?

Quote:It occurred to me yesterday that "Slowby Gerhart" perhaps was not accurate. Judging by how quickly Gerhart goes down after first contact (which he excels at finding), I wonder if Amelia Gerhart might be a better moniker?
Crickets.....

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Well at the rate we're going we might be taking aim toward Gurley next April should he come out as a junior.. 

The Gurley hype is getting ridiculous.

Quote:It's simple: speed to the outside, iron to the middle. Gerhart is iron, Robinson is speed.

I don't disagree in principle but you can't be predictable either and have to change it up once in awhile.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:I don't disagree in principle but you can't be predictable either and have to change it up once in awhile.

What do you think we are now?

Quote:What do you think we are now?

Don't tell me. Because of Henne.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:It occurred to me yesterday that "Slowby Gerhart" perhaps was not accurate. Judging by how quickly Gerhart goes down after first contact (which he excels at finding), I wonder if Amelia Gerhart might be a better moniker?

I like "2 Yard Toby", best, myself.. 

Quote:I like "2 Yard Toby", best, myself.. 

Toby2YPC?