Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Money Well Spent Pt. 2

I'm beginning to think Caldwell has been handcuffed with a bad offensive scheme for which to find players. The defensive signings have all been spot-on -- Clemons, Bryant, Marks, Ball, etc. 

"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The defense got flat out whipped today right from the start. Hard to say any of those guys are spot on at this point.

Really surprising that a talented group like that got destroyed. I think it falls on the coaching staff and the game plan. They got annihilated on play-action and then couldn't stop the run at all... It's like they didn't know the PA was coming, and couldn't tell if it was a run or pass. It was disgusting to watch for 4 quarters.

I really can't put my finger on why our D got killed but not having everyone and being on the field forever didn't help Undecided

Quote:I really can't put my finger on why our D got killed but not having everyone and being on the field forever didn't help Undecided
Unfortunately, they didn't do much to get themselves off the field.

By a back up QB

Defense is terrible

Offense is abysmal

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 07:38 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

The D was supposed to keep us in ball games this season. I know there is only so much it can do but they've been getting whipped non stop since the second half in Philly.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:By a back up QB

Defense is terrible

Offense is abysmal

To be fair, the D-line looked great. The secondary looks like an abortion.. 

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:To be fair, the D-line looked great. The secondary looks like an abortion.. 
The D-line got gashed consistently in the run game and got little pressure against the pass.

They played awful.

Quote:The D-line got gashed consistently in the run game and got little pressure against the pass.

They played awful.

Maybe I used the term "great" because that was the only low lit spot yesterday so it stood out, but still, they weren't the problem and still mustered up 3 sacks.. Still on track to be better than last season, 10 fold.. 

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 08:02 AM by Southern Chicken.)

DLine improved as far as sack total but in stopping the run first(the reason we were told they brought together this line), they were terrible.  Tackling overall was terrible.

Formerly known as The Real Joker

Quote:Maybe I used the term "great" because that was the only low lit spot yesterday so it stood out, but still, they weren't the problem and still mustered up 3 sacks.. Still on track to be better than last season, 10 fold.. 
The three sacks were by a back up DE, a safety, and a back up LB. The D-line didn't play well at all.

Quote:The defense got flat out whipped today right from the start. Hard to say any of those guys are spot on at this point.
What's scary to me is that coming up, we've got Andrew Luck and the Colts and Phillip Rivers (who just torched Seattle) coming up.

Both of those guys are capable of throwing for 400 against this group.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:The three sacks were by a back up DE, a safety, and a back up LB. The D-line didn't play well at all.

Honestly? I could care less who got the sacks and what string they are.. As long as they get them.. 

It must be tough as a defense if you are constantly on the field because your offense can't move the ball to save their lives.

Quote:It must be tough as a defense if you are constantly on the field because your offense can't move the ball to save their lives.

[Image: 5vudj8.png]

Don't be ridiculous.. TOP doesn't mean a thing and the defense as a whole shouldn't get winded like that  Rolleyes

Quote:[Image: 5vudj8.png]

Don't be ridiculous.. TOP doesn't mean a thing and the defense as a whole shouldn't get winded like that  Rolleyes
lol I'm not saying the defense played great by any means. We let up 191 rushing yards but 4 3 and outs to start the game?!! Offense has to do better than that.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 08:41 AM by Predator_NFLFans.)

Yeah you can't use the 'they were on the field too much' excuse. The defense was gashed all game long. They look so unprepared.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:lol I'm not saying the defense played great by any means. We let up 191 rushing yards but 4 3 and outs to start the game?!! Offense has to do better than that.

We had an offense yesterday? I musta missed that one.. 

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 08:47 AM by David4499.)

Maybe Gus is building a rugby team or just hasn't taught them about the goal line yet.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana