Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Honest Monday!

That's what they refer to the Monday after the game. The Bortles question will come, but who'll really be Honest

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not Bradley.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

If that is how your experienced Qb is playing, then you can't be worried about a rookie, because he's looking like one. May as well let the young guys grow together now. And I was all for letting bortles sit. But we can all agree that, if he's playing like this, he's wasting snaps

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 12:27 AM by Voltage-.)

I'm sure they'll feed us the company line about how fantastic Henne played. As I was typing this message, Henne just tucked the ball and took another sack. 

If anything they'll say it was a team lost. Watching the game on steam, they showed Gus a few times....He looked pissed off. If he says Henne played well.......Respect Lost.

Quote:If anything they'll say it was a team lost. Watching the game on steam, they showed Gus a few times....He looked [BAD WORD REMOVED] off. If he says Henne played well.......Respect Lost.

I don't think anyone will say he played well.  I think he's also not going to beat the guy down about his performance in front of the media.  Who knows what's said in meetings.  I do know Jedd to be pretty straight forward and I've seen/heard some of the things he says to Henne on the sidelines and he's brutally honest with Henne on the field, and I imagine same in meetings.

<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

What we want to hear:

"We believe that Blake is ready.  So yes, he'll be taking over the starter job this week.  This isn't about how Chad played.  This is about Blake.  Last week's loss was on everybody.  And we have to do better.  Now we have to look to next week.  We have to get better.  We will get better.  Blake has sat on the sidelines, and he has learned.  And his turn has come."

What we'll probably hear:

"Chad has a lot of work to do.  But no, we're sticking with him as our Quarterback.  Blake isn't ready yet, and Chad gives us the best chance to win."

What the truth is:

???

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

At this point I don't even know if there is a "probably" either way for the quarterbacks. The way Gus talked about evaluating everything including but not limited to quarterbacks tells me he will take time figuring out if we are ready for Blake to take his lumps yet.

The problem is even if Henne led us to 40 points, then we would still be losers of this game.

Honest Monday? I would ask the players, or the coaches, one week after saying the second half of the Eagles game was unacceptable, and that "we need to learn from this," what did you learn?

I'm not a Tebow fan but honestly there is NO question in my mind that he would not have looked as bad as Henne yesterday if he was in there.

Quote:The problem is even if Henne led us to 40 points, then we would still be losers of this game.

I hate these kind of statements. If we had 40 points the Redskins would not have had the ball nearly as much or the field position because of the lack of first downs. 40 points would have easily won the game.

2014 Opponents- how will we do this year?

<p class="">[Image: photo-thumb-21855.png?_r=1408365240] Posted by <a class="" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/user/21855-david4499/' title=""><span>David4499</a></span> on 22 May 2014 - 09:24 AM in The Jaguars

<div>
3-13

No #1 WR

TE that has butter fingers.

No pass rusher.

New LB

New O-line

New RB

New C

</div>

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:What we want to hear:

"We believe that Blake is ready.  So yes, he'll be taking over the starter job this week.  This isn't about how Chad played.  This is about Blake.  Last week's loss was on everybody.  And we have to do better.  Now we have to look to next week.  We have to get better.  We will get better.  Blake has sat on the sidelines, and he has learned.  And his turn has come."

What we'll probably hear:

"Chad has a lot of work to do.  But no, we're sticking with him as our Quarterback.  Blake isn't ready yet, and Chad gives us the best chance to win."

What the truth is:

???

Quote:The way Gus talked about evaluating everything including but not limited to quarterbacks tells me he will take time figuring out if we are ready for Blake to take his lumps yet.

This may be a little OT, but if you think Blake is sitting on the bench because he's not ready, you're doing it wrong.

The only thing not ready for Blake to be named the starter is an o-line that gave up 10 sacks in one game. If Blake had been in there and gotten injured on one of those 10 sacks, this board would be full of threads angry at Gus for putting Blake in too soon.

It's not when Blake is ready; it's when the o-line is ready. And they'll be ready when they are consistently able to protect the QB.

“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

Quote:I hate these kind of statements. If we had 40 points the Redskins would not have had the ball nearly as much or the field position because of the lack of first downs. 40 points would have easily won the game.

The problem with this thinking is that WAS was moving the ball at will. If we'd scored more points they would have just kept the hammer down all the way through. Have to find a way to stop those long scoring drives.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Can't wait for next week Honest Monday.  It is going to be very interesting.  Sunday can't get here any faster.

This team wont improve much.  Not with these players.  We are going to be a top 3 pick.

Quote:Not Bradley.

Bradley will be honest where it counts. He'll be as positive and supportive of his team as he can be when talking publicly, as he should be, but that doesn't mean that anyone's getting a free ride behind closed doors.