Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Locker Room Wants Blake Bortles To Start

To hell with the stretch play. Every man get some body, lock em up, and drive them off the ball! The stretch play leaves room for "that wasn't MY man"!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yesss i'm so happy the players want him to start

I know Lewis and Bradfield said they support Henne, but I know guys on the defense do not, and the young WRs dont
Source?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

When I was at the game I kept finding myself looking for Blake on the sidelines. Apparent so were Marqise Lee, Robinson and Mike Brown.

Every time I looked to the sideline, Lee, Robinson and Brown were standing next to Blake and seemed very upset. It looked to me like they kept telling him how they wished he was in there. Lee was never around Henne and distanced himself from him.

Now this isn't an indictment on Henne or something like that but just something I found interesting. I think the young guns on this team want Blake.

I love this video.  Nothing backing up the claim that the locker room wants Bortles.  Cole just says it so it must be true.  As long as he's saying something about starting Bortles now, that's good enough for some folks. 

Bortles will start when he starts.  The locker room won't dictate it, and neither will fan sentiment. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

The camera did show Bortles a LOT during this game.  Even the producers know Henne is (or should be) on a very short leash.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

It's hard to believe we're actually even having this discussion.

It's been shown repeatedly in the NFL that the QB is the most important position on the team for more reasons than being good enough to allow blame to be spread to the offensive line, as the case is with Henne.

The QB really DOES make the guys around him play better, when they have confidence that the QB really can give them that extra little boost in games to turn the tide in the team's favor.

It's only natural and normal, these guys are professionals, they're in it for the money, and they'll go through the motions no matter who is on the field with them, but it's undeniable that everyone plays better when they believe there is a legitimate chance of being a great team, and everyone in the locker room already knows they don't have any legitimate shot at that with Henne under center.

Quote:Source?

<p style="font-family:'Mercury SSm A', 'Mercury SSm B', Georgia, serif;color:rgb(41,41,41);font-size:16px;font-style:italic;">Jaguars TE Marcedes Lewis and OT Cam Bradfield both throw their support behind Chad Henne to remain team's starting QB.

— Michael DiRocco (@ESPNdirocco) September 14, 2014

Quote:Jaguars TE Marcedes Lewis and OT Cam Bradfield both throw their support behind Chad Henne to remain team's starting QB.
— Michael DiRocco (@ESPNdirocco) [/size]
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/511260211609608193'>September 14, 2014</a>

I was referring to the statement the defense wants Bortles to start.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Jaguars TE Marcedes Lewis and OT Cam Bradfield both throw their support behind Chad Henne to remain team's starting QB.
— Michael DiRocco (@ESPNdirocco) [/size]
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/511260211609608193'>September 14, 2014</a>

In other news, Lewis and Bradfield are out next week. !!!

Quote:I was referring to the statement the defense wants Bortles to start.

Gotcha.

Personally, I think the Jason Cole thing is just poo on the wall. I doubt he is very connected within the locker room.

You've got to believe that Shad will be saying the same thing to Gus this morning.

No one wants to play for a bum leader... guy preaches competition and we don't even play the best players. Who would buy into that? This is pro football not some development project. If you're going to ask the locker room to lay it all out on the field then at least give them the tools to succeed. This coaching is just as horrible as the team if not worse. From play calling to the game management it is a total joke. I don't blame the team if the locker room is divided.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:You've got to believe that Shad will be saying the same thing to Gus this morning.
WISH I COULD BE A FLY ON THE WALL IN THAT MEETING.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

After sleeping on it, I'm not sure I want bortles to step in right now. As painful as that it is to say, I just want them to adjust and build cohesion with the running game and offensive line before bortles gets thrown in. Mart Ryan, Russell Wilson and Ben Roethlisberger had successful rookie campaigns because they had successful running games to take the pressure off. We need Pazstor back, bad. We need to do schematic adjustments that show successful production. THEN throw Bortles in there, because with him in, I believe we have the best chances at maximizing the development of all of our young talent on offense, and there's a lot of young guys out there. Just fix the running game first.
No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 09:37 AM by Raven09s.)

Quote:Seems odd that Blake is being protected for injury concerns, but a guy like Hurns is sacrificed for a 4 yard gain on 4th and 16. Its borderline insulting to the other players.

I want Blake to play as much as most others here, but you can't compare those two.  Blake was the 3rd player taken in the draft and was given a multi million dollar contract.  Hurns was an undrafted player who was given a $5k signing bonus.

And, I take everything Jason Cole says with a grain of salt.  That dude has made up more crap than any other beat writer I've seen.

Quote:After sleeping on it, I'm not sure I want bortles to step in right now. As painful as that it is to say, I just want them to adjust and build cohesion with the running game and offensive line before bortles gets thrown in. Mart Ryan, Russell Wilson and Ben Roethlisberger had successful rookie campaigns because they had successful running games to take the pressure off. We need Pazstor back, bad. We need to do schematic adjustments that show successful production. THEN throw Bortles in there, because with him in, I believe we have the best chances at maximizing the development of all of our young talent on offense, and there's a lot of young guys out there. Just fix the running game first.

Don't expect the rest of the team to have their hearts in the game knowing the best QB is on the bench. It's human nature!

if the o line was even slightly better than they are right now i wouldnt be surprised to see bortles start vs the colts.

once pasztor is back, the switch might just happen.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

high ankle sprain for Lewis

Formerly known as The Real Joker

Quote:high ankle sprain for Lewis

Any ankle sprain for Lewis is going to be high. <wink>