Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Locker Room Wants Blake Bortles To Start

Quote:I won't put anything on Fisch. Doubtless Hurns wasn't the first or only option on that play.

That play is 100% on Gus. He should have had the team kneeling out the clock. Thirty-one points down with Henne in at QB there was nothing to be gained by running more plays unless his idea was to help Henne pad his stats as justification for his continued presence on the field.

Riigghhtttt, since Gus calls all the offensive plays...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Russell Wilson also had a 1500 yard rusher in Marshawn lynch to take the pressure off of him, along with a competent OL to generate those yards.

Bortles?

At this point...not so much.

This argument only makes sense if the plan was to tank the season.  Is that what we are doing?  If we are actually trying to win, we aren't doing it right.

Quote:He threw a total of 18 passes in two games.

It's easy to forget Blaine's first game as a Jaguar given what we know now, but he looked like he had a chance his first time on the field : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGu44HgmH54
He should have never cut his hair. :teehee:

Quote:Riigghhtttt, since Gus calls all the offensive plays...

Gus is the guy that's supposed to say, "Okay, Fisch, we're shutting it down, kneel out the clock."

You think it's Jedd that's deciding when the team starts running out the clock?

Quote:Gus is the guy that's supposed to say, "Okay, Fisch, we're shutting it down, kneel out the clock."

You think it's Jedd that's deciding when the team starts running out the clock?
LOL No coach would ever kneel down no matter the score. SMH

Quote:Really? The locker room wants this?

That's like rapist wanting for a condom.

They are in no position to want anything. They should just want to keep their jobs, which none deserved today.

Bortles doesn't need to come in just to get shell shocked. You don't learn anything laying on your back or running for your life.
Thats a helluva analogy there dude. But I get your point. 

C'mon coach. We want Blake in there. Or we arent trying any more.

Coach, oh, so you tried last game? Now thats a postive thing there fellas.

Hear say, till it comes from Gus. :thanks:

Quote:Hear say, till it comes from Gus. :thanks:
How does anyone Hear Say? Gus knows I suppose

Quote:This argument only makes sense if the plan was to tank the season.  Is that what we are doing?  If we are actually trying to win, we aren't doing it right.

I'm not talking about tanking the season.

I'm talking about having Bortles survive his rookie season.

In my memory, I am aware of two notable rookie QBs to take a savage beating their rookie years.  Aikman and Carr.

While Aikman survived that brutal rookie year and became a Hall of Fame passer, Carr never recovered.

If Bortles is able to play an extra year because of being spared a beating in his rookie year, I'll gladly take the lumps now.

I do wish Bortles would have gotten some reps at the end of yesterday, though, if they were going to continue to throw the ball even when the game was lost.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:LOL No coach would ever kneel down no matter the score. SMH
Exactly.  As unfortunate as the injury was or Hurns, to expect the coach to take a knee at the end of a game when they're behind is ridiculous. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:...my concern is how the team actually looks worse than the end of last season...

If it helps, at least the team looks better than it did at the *start* of last season. We'll see how far that translates.

Best case, the team just played flat after what happened in the second half the prior week and it won't happen again. If they can manage to beat Indy this Sunday, I'm sure some of the angst will evaporate.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Excuse me, run out the clock.

Quote:Exactly.  As unfortunate as the injury was or Hurns, to expect the coach to take a knee at the end of a game when they're behind is ridiculous.

[BLEEP], what's ridiculous is kicking a fg down 34 7 and thinking you're going to get three consecutive TDs with two point conversions with six minutes left. Bradley's all talk and no walk.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

It'd be smarter than the play they called but they don't need to take a knee.

Shove the ball to Todman up the middle and call it a day.  Don't call a timeout in that situation no matter what.  Let the clock run, no need to run a play.  Running the pass play accomplished nothing and never was going to accomplish anything.  All it did was get Hurns hurt.  The end of that game was a coaching nightmare.

Quote:If it helps, at least the team looks better than it did at the *start* of last season. We'll see how far that translates.

Best case, the team just played flat after what happened in the second half the prior week and it won't happen again. If they can manage to beat Indy this Sunday, I'm sure some of the angst will evaporate.

Outside of the first quarter of the Eagles game, this team really looks no better than last year.  At best it's minuscule.

We've been outscored 75-10 since about a minute remaining in the first quarter of that game.

That's better than last year to you?  Through two games last year against the Chiefs and Raiders we were outscored 47-11.  Through two games this year 75-27.  So we're slightly better on offense (I'd argue almost equal but whatever) and worse on defense.

Sounds like a wash to me.  This is a results oriented game and the results don't see improvement.  Time will tell if this team has improved but as of now I don't see it.   

There is no such thing as shell shock for an NFL quarterback, To reach this league they have taken hits on every level, You can either face your fear and defeat it or curl up in a corner and hide. sitting the bench and not getting reps will only hurt Bortles development. He must face the heat to progress, If he sustains an injury , its part of the learning curve