Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Locker Room Wants Blake Bortles To Start

Quote:Nah, I'm pretty sure it's just 8 guys on this message board.  

Yeah and no way those 8 guys will boo Henne next week, he'll be fine.

If he starts and plays like today he will be boo'd so loud he may curl into the fetal position on the sidelines.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Cant imagine gus making this change so early in the season. After all the talk about how fast chad is playing and how the whole team is rallying behind him & how he gives us the best chance to win right now & how well he has a grasp of the offense & what jed wants ,and how much confidence they have a in him.

If gus pulls chad after week 2 then I'm gonna start thinking that gus was full of s#*t.

gus is full of it.  coach speak means polite lies.

Gus looks like a smiling idiot at this point.  He can take all his "positivity" and shove it.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

Quote:Henne wasnt the only one who played poorly.

This
never said he was but he is a huge part

Quote:Gus looks like a smiling idiot at this point. He can take all his "positivity" and shove it.

That's what I'm talking about! Negativity is just what the Dr ordered. Let's go knock on Shads door and tell him how pissed we are. Rawwww!!!

People on this board have said all summer long that Henne gives us the best chance to win. Where are they now? They were parroting what was coming from the coaching staff.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

Quote:Nah, I'm pretty sure it's just 8 guys on this message board.  

LOL yep

I doubt if any of the players are outspoken regarding this issue. I'm sure they're may be rumblings tho. I think Gus is afraid that Blake may regress some if thrown in at this time as he has been apparently making much improvement. Thing is....Chad's strength is not evading a strong rush. Blake is much more mobile. He would have had much better success against the skins IMO.

Quote:never said he was but he is a huge part

Putting Bortles in will not fix the OL issues.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 09:42 PM by CSO14.)

Where's FBT?  He's the biggest apologist for Henne...dude always has to challenge someone.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Where's FBT?  He's the biggest apologist for Henne...dude always has to challenge someone.
He realizes that there is no fight anymore.

It's a losing battle for anyone backing Henne.

Blake Bortles is not going to singularly fix the woes of this team. He's not going to fix the defense which has given up 75 points in 2 games. But good grief, sticking with the coach's preference to sit him for training does not stop them from letting him get in games during garbage time.

Regards.......................the Chiefjag

Quote:Putting Bortles in will not fix the OL issues.

It won't fix them but it will likely help hide some of them.  Plus guys play harder and better for a guy they have confidence in.

Bortles strengths are his size and strength and pocket awareness plus his ability to use his athleticism and move outside the pocket, avoid the rush and still deliver a solid throw.  All of that will benefit the OL.

The whole team failed today, Shouldn't be calling for any help.

If it's a matter of Bortles not being ready yet, that's fine.  But I think it's ludicrous if they're sitting him because Henne gives us the best chance to win.  Because he doesn't.  Bortles does, ready or not.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

that page is complety  blank, so its just someone wishing, and hopeing for bortles.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I remember predicting back in July that the offensive line will give up on Henne if Bortles lights it up in the preseason and Henne still gets the start.

At least, I'm hoping it's just the offensive line giving up and not sheer incompetency

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Really? The locker room wants this?

That's like rapist wanting for a condom.

They are in no position to want anything. They should just want to keep their jobs, which none deserved today.

Bortles doesn't need to come in just to get shell shocked. You don't learn anything laying on your back or running for your life.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:That's what I'm talking about! Negativity is just what the Dr ordered. Let's go knock on Shads door and tell him how [BAD WORD REMOVED] we are. Rawwww!!!

I can't imagine what there is to smile about but I'm sure Bradley will find it and smile about it.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

Quote:It won't fix them but it will likely help hide some of them.  Plus guys play harder and better for a guy they have confidence in.

Bortles strengths are his size and strength and pocket awareness plus his ability to use his athleticism and move outside the pocket, avoid the rush and still deliver a solid throw.  All of that will benefit the OL.

......which will benefit the defense with extended time off the field to catch their breath