Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Locker Room Wants Blake Bortles To Start

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 10:04 PM by jaglyn.)

Quote:Cant imagine gus making this change so early in the season. After all the talk about how fast chad is playing and how the whole team is rallying behind him & how he gives us the best chance to win right now & how well he has a grasp of the offense & what jed wants ,and how much confidence they have a in him.

If gus pulls chad after week 2 then I'm gonna start thinking that gus was full of s#*t.

It's hard to believe anything that Gus is saying right now. You would have to look past the coachspeak somehow to figure out what's really going on. Tune out all the garbage the coaching staff is giving us during interviews and somehow just be a fly on the wall in the meeting rooms this week

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bottom line is this...

START BLAKE BORTLES WE NEED A SPARK
Shock the world

Quote:It won't fix them but it will likely help hide some of them.  Plus guys play harder and better for a guy they have confidence in.

Bortles strengths are his size and strength and pocket awareness plus his ability to use his athleticism and move outside the pocket, avoid the rush and still deliver a solid throw.  All of that will benefit the OL.

Bortles skills can only hide the deficiencies of the OL for so long. Once teams adjust to Bortles, we are back to square one trying to improve the offense. 

Depth is also another big issue on both sides of the ball. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

As an outsider looking in, although the offense maybe better with Bortles, where's the answer on defense?  Gus Bradley is a defensive minded coach and defense appears to be just as bad as the offense.  Obviously if the offense isn't able to stay on the field, that will wear down the defense.  However, I can't imagine if the Jaguars don't significantly improve, that Bradley will be the HC next year.

Gus has backed himself into a corner by declaring at the beginning of the season that Blake will sit and learn. The play of Henne, and the offense, has blown up which now twists his arm behind his back. But he will continue to stand his ground no matter how much the fans twist his arm.

The only one who can twist his arm enough is the 'Stache.

Regards......................the Cheifjag

Is this the same MB that was calling for Mularkeys head? Del Rios? Now Gus?

Garrards. Gabberts. Henne. Get ready Blake.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Putting Bortles in will not fix the OL issues.
Quote:It won't fix them but it will likely help hide some of them.  Plus guys play harder and better for a guy they have confidence in.

Bortles strengths are his size and strength and pocket awareness plus his ability to use his athleticism and move outside the pocket, avoid the rush and still deliver a solid throw.  All of that will benefit the OL.
this^

Quote:Is this the same MB that was calling for Mularkeys head? Del Rios? Now Gus?

if bortles plays badly for a couple of years.  yeah the fans will call for his head.  just like any other player that isn't cutting it. 

Quote:Gus has backed himself into a corner by declaring at the beginning of the season that Blake will sit and learn. The play of Henne, and the offense, has blown up which now twists his arm behind his back. But he will continue to stand his ground no matter how much the fans twist his arm.

The only one who can twist his arm enough is the 'Stache.

Regards......................the Cheifjag

The 'Stache that fired coaches to improve Fulham? I'd leave El'Stacheo out of it.

He built pools and tvs. Thought that would draw fans.
Blakes Life Matters

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 10:18 PM by Ringo.)

Quote:if bortles plays badly for a couple of years. yeah the fans will call for his head. just like any other player that isn't cutting it.
Couple years? Lol. These guys want Bradley's head after one year coaching. Mularkey. One year...pfffft....outta here.

Bortles won't fix things anymore than putting a new engine in a car with no transmission and wheels.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Is this the same MB that was calling for Mularkeys head? Del Rios? Now Gus?

As well as Gene Smith.

Where would we be if we kept Mularkey and Gene and Gabbert right now?

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Couple years? Lol. These guys want Bradley's head after one year coaching.

I haven't seen anyone call for Bradley to be fired.   at the very least its a small minority.  but when you subject the fans to henne when you have bortles sitting on the bench. you might not be making friends.

Quote:Couple years? Lol. These guys want Bradley's head after one year coaching.

I don't think anyone has called for his head yet, but why should they believe in the guy right now or not at least have some doubts?

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

Y'all tripping if you think Bortles wouldn't at least have this team moving the ball and looking like an NFL offense.

Quote:As well as Gene Smith.

Where would we be if we kept Mularkey and Gene and Gabbert right now?

In the same boat by the look of the last 2 weeks scoreboard
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:In the same boat by the look of the last 2 weeks scoreboard

Only without Bortles (and probably Lee or Robinson or Hurns)

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:He realizes that there is no fight anymore.

It's a losing battle for anyone backing Henne.

I am not really backing Chad Henne, but I do support Gus Bradley and he is the guy who decides who starts at quarterback. I know he will evaluate everything before deciding who will give us the best chance to win and, if he is wrong, there is always another week to do more evaluations. That is what matters to me. - knowing Gus will spend a lot of time watching film and talking to position coaches, so whenever Blake starts, the quarterback switch will not be a knee-jerk reaction.

Quote:   I haven't seen anyone call for Bradley to be fired.   at the very least its a small minority.  but when you subject the fans to henne when you have bortles sitting on the bench. you might not be making friends.
This team has been outscored 75-10 over the last 6 quarters of football, and it doesn't get any easier next week against Indy.  If the Jags get throttled like they did today there will be talk about Bradley's job for sure.  The defense is probably getting fed up with the play of the offense too.  The defense has played poorly, but when your offense is just going to go 3 and out it has be demoralizing and I image they lose focus as well.  This team clearly looks like the worst in the league right now, but I hope I'm wrong after next week.

Quote:This team has been outscored 75-10 over the last 6 quarters of football, and it doesn't get any easier next week against Indy.  If the Jags get throttled like they did today there will be talk about Bradley's job for sure.  The defense is probably getting fed up with the play of the offense too.  The defense has played poorly, but when your offense is just going to go 3 and out it has be demoralizing and I image they lose focus as well.  This team clearly looks like the worst in the league right now, but I hope I'm wrong after next week.

I don't disagree that calls for more changes will grow the longer we get totally destroyed in games.  if this keeps up all year im sure calls for Bradley to get fired will be all over the place.

Quote:I don't think anyone has called for his head yet, but why should they believe in the guy right now or not at least have some doubts?

Because Gus Bradley said he will evaluate everything, not just the quarterback. That is exactly what he should do after a blowout loss.