Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Locker Room Wants Blake Bortles To Start

Quote:People on this board have said all summer long that Henne gives us the best chance to win. Where are they now? They were parroting what was coming from the coaching staff.

Regards...................the Chiefjag
I was one of those people and admit I was wrong.  Feed me all the crow you can dish but it's time for Bortles to come in.  I had too much faith in Henne.  He is not the sole reason why we lost but he plays a big role

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Bottom line is this...

START BLAKE BORTLES WE NEED A SPARK

Spark? We need a nuclear explosion.

Quote:As an outsider looking in, although the offense maybe better with Bortles, where's the answer on defense?  Gus Bradley is a defensive minded coach and defense appears to be just as bad as the offense.  Obviously if the offense isn't able to stay on the field, that will wear down the defense.  However, I can't imagine if the Jaguars don't significantly improve, that Bradley will be the HC next year.

Last week against the Eagles, Jonathan Cyprien, our best safety, suffered a concussion. His backups are awful and Kirk Cousins knew that.

Bleacher Report? Moving on. :no:

Quote:Bortles skills can only hide the deficiencies of the OL for so long. Once teams adjust to Bortles, we are back to square one trying to improve the offense. 

Depth is also another big issue on both sides of the ball. 

Not really.  Peyton Manning hid OL issues for years.  He's capable of making his reads quickly and getting rid of the ball faster than the rush can typically get there.  Ben Roethilisberger did it in a different way but he's had OL troubles for years.  Blake is not Peyton Manning but he has traits that will help him if the OL isn't playing well.

Quote:Not really.  Peyton Manning hid OL issues for years.  He's capable of making his reads quickly and getting rid of the ball faster than the rush can typically get there.  Ben Roethilisberger did it in a different way but he's had OL troubles for years.  Blake is not Peyton Manning but he has traits that will help him if the OL isn't playing well.
Agree 100%.

This is what I have been saying over and over...

Quote:......which will benefit the defense with extended time off the field to catch their breath

That's true too.

If we're going to go 2-14 or 4-12 again, I'd rather it be with Bortles learning on the fly, while knowing that we can only go up. Over watching Henne lead us to 2-14 or 4-12 and knowing that this is the best we'll get.

If Henne continues to start past week 8 (at the very latest), it's clear we're throwing the season again for another top draft pick.

Quote:If we're going to go 2-14 or 4-12 again, I'd rather it be with Bortles learning on the fly, while knowing that we can only go up. Over watching Henne lead us to 2-14 or 4-12 and knowing that this is the best we'll get.

If Henne continues to start past week 8 (at the very latest), it's clear we're throwing the season again for another top draft pick.

Its clear NOW!!

Quote:Not really.  Peyton Manning hid OL issues for years.  He's capable of making his reads quickly and getting rid of the ball faster than the rush can typically get there.  Ben Roethilisberger did it in a different way but he's had OL troubles for years.  Blake is not Peyton Manning but he has traits that will help him if the OL isn't playing well.

A big part of it is the offensive scheme. Peyton Manning ran a hurry-up no-huddle offense. That allowed him to get rid of the ball quicker, not just his own football IQ and physical skills.

What if washington had waited a year to start RG3? Theyd be even farther behind in their evaluation. Now they have to at least have an inkling that he isnt the answer.

If we get some bortles this year, then we can make a fair evaluation next year to see if he has progressed.

Quote:Its clear NOW!!
It's just about there, but I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. Honestly I thought I was being more than generous, because I'd prefer to see Bortles next week vs the colts.

I've always put the o/u on Bortles starting at week 6.

Quote:It's just about there, but I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. Honestly I thought I was being more than generous, because I'd prefer to see Bortles next week vs the colts.

I've always put the o/u on Bortles starting at week 6.

I cant make it to week 8 with Henne

Quote:What if washington had waited a year to start RG3? Theyd be even farther behind in their evaluation. Now they have to at least have an inkling that he isnt the answer.

If we get some bortles this year, then we can make a fair evaluation next year to see if he has progressed.

If Robert Griffin is not the answer in Washingtoln, it is because of his torn knee ligaments. He had a great rookie season only to tear up his knee and has struggled since then. That is my fear with Blake Bortles starting as a rookie. If a quarterback has to get hurt, I would prefer it to be Chad Henne, who is in his seventh season and was an unrestricted free agent when we signed him, not a top five draft pick.

Quote:Gus looks like a smiling idiot at this point.  He can take all his "positivity" and shove it.

LOL. Wow, that didn't take long. Sure wouldn't want you on my side. You'd quit in no time.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:A big part of it is the offensive scheme. Peyton Manning ran a hurry-up no-huddle offense. That allowed him to get rid of the ball quicker, not just his own football IQ and physical skills.

You could run that scheme and Chad Henne would still fail in it.  

There isn't a scheme Jedd Fisch can run that would make Henne play at the level he needs to play at.

Quote:I cant make it to week 8 with Henne
I hear that, I was praying for Bortles after week 1.

For every week that Henne starts/plays, we're going to see the exact same thing we've seen the past 2 weeks. It'll be a long season, to say the least.

Quote:You could run that scheme and Chad Henne would still fail in it.  

There isn't a scheme Jedd Fisch can run that would make Henne play at the level he needs to play at.

I did not say it is all about the scheme. My point is sometimes the scheme helps the quarterback if he is a good fit for it.

Quote:im no expert on reading body language, but it sure seemed like the team wasn't behind henne. I remember seeing a replay of henne getting sacked, and Jordan todman on the sideline threw his hands up in the air.

Quote:Jaguars TE Marcedes Lewis and OT Cam Bradfield both throw their support behind Chad Henne to remain team's starting QB.

— Michael DiRocco (@ESPNdirocco)September 14, 2014

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I hear that, I was praying for Bortles after week 1.

For every week that Henne starts/plays, we're going to see the exact same thing we've seen the past 2 weeks. It'll be a long season, to say the least.

I will pray for Bortles as soon as I learn he is named the starter.