Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Locker Room Wants Blake Bortles To Start

Quote:I did not say it is all about the scheme. My point is sometimes the scheme helps the quarterback if he is a good fit for it.

Sure.  But Peyton Manning isn't good because of any scheme.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Predator_NFLFans" data-cid="289421" data-time="1410744454">
im no expert on reading body language, but it sure seemed like the team wasn't behind henne. I remember seeing a replay of henne getting sacked, and Jordan todman on the sideline threw his hands up in the air.

Quote:Jaguars TE Marcedes Lewis and OT Cam Bradfield both throw their support behind Chad Henne to remain team's starting QB.

— Michael DiRocco (@ESPNdirocco)September 14, 2014

</blockquote>

Yeah, I bet they are.

Quote:"There is a belief in that locker room that Bortles will at least be able to get rid of the ball faster," Cole said. "There is a concern however from management about the line being so porous it will force Bortles to regress from his great start in training camp. So there's a lot of weighing going on here back and forth."

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/9/14/6149933/jaguars-players-want-blake-bortles-to-start'>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/9/14/6149933/jaguars-players-want-blake-bortles-to-start</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Bortles doesn't need to come in just to get shell shocked. You don't learn anything laying on your back or running for your life.

*slaps head*

that's IT!

Why didn't I see this before.

Gus: " See son....that's why you don't checkdown and hold the ball too long. But he's doing his best."

BBS: " Wow, I'm sure learning a lot Coach Gus. I bet that hurts"

These are the things Gus wants BBS to learn from chad.

He better hurry up and learn quickly.....I'm not sure how much longer chad can last.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Sure.  But Peyton Manning isn't good because of any scheme.

He is a good fit for the scheme they ran. After moving to Denver, he got sacked more often and even lost fumbles because the Broncos run a slower offense.

Quote:Yeah, I bet they are.

Keep in mind Henne was voted as a team captain by the players. They support him whether the fans do or don't. For comparisons sake RG3 was NOT voted as a team captain by his peers.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Yeah, I bet they are.
Bradfield supported him all the way to the ground.
No commercial messages in sigs

They'll be "behind" Henne until we see Bortles.  What are they going to say to the media?  Nah Chad Henne sucks, I really hope they put Blake in next week! after week 2?  That'd be unprofessional and you don't see that too often.  Chad's earned respect of some players I'm sure but he's not the best option and I'd be surprised if the majority of the roster truly thinks they can win with Chad Henne at QB.

Quote:Bradfield supported him all the way to the ground.

Kind of what I'm thinking.  He supported him so much he turned into a turnstile today.

Quote:They'll be "behind" Henne until we see Bortles. What are they going to say to the media? Nah Chad Henne sucks, I really hope they put Blake in next week! after week 2? That'd be unprofessional and you don't see that too often. Chad's earned respect of some players I'm sure but he's not the best option and I'd be surprised if the majority of the roster truly thinks they can win with Chad Henne at QB.

So

/end thread?

Quote:Keep in mind Henne was voted as a team captain by the players. They support him whether the fans do or don't. For comparisons sake RG3 was NOT voted as a team captain by his peers.

That's true and a good point.

However I still don't believe the roster is confident in Henne right now.  After these last two weeks, how could they be?  

Quote:So

/end thread?

I don't think the thread ever had that much substance to start with.  The locker room isn't likely to leak anything like this to the press, especially two weeks in.  Give it a few more weeks as their frustrations mount.

I don't blame them for staying behind Chad, the staff has been stuck on him being their guy for now.  They don't have any other choice.

Personally I don't care either way, Blake should be starting in my opinion and I've made that clear in several ways.

From the Big Cat Country article by Alfie Crow:

Quote:Personally, I still think Chad Henne starts against the Colts on Sunday. Too much went wrong, everywhere, in the loss to Washington for me to see Bradley making a move at the quarterback position. The fact that Bradley didn't even entertain the idea of putting Bortles in the game after it was well out of hand says a lot.

In other words, people are pushing the panic button too early here. When everything goes wrong, you don't want to suddenly throw a rookie into the fire and hope for the best because that will not fix anything.

Quote:If Robert Griffin is not the answer in Washingtoln, it is because of his torn knee ligaments. He had a great rookie season only to tear up his knee and has struggled since then. That is my fear with Blake Bortles starting as a rookie. If a quarterback has to get hurt, I would prefer it to be Chad Henne, who is in his seventh season and was an unrestricted free agent when we signed him, not a top five draft pick.

Blake doesnt take off running nearly as much, not the same style of play at all, so those types of injuries arent as much of a risk. Also, RG3 has been terribe because of hesitation and lack of pocket awareness. It's not the knee, he was more than a year removed from it.

Quote:From the Big Cat Country article by Alfie Crow:

In other words, people are pushing the panic button too early here. When everything goes wrong, you don't want to suddenly throw a rookie into the fire and hope for the best because that will not fix anything.

people were pushing the oh god not henne button when he was named the week one starter.  and they were right.

Quote:Blake doesnt take off running nearly as much, not the same style of play at all, so those types of injuries arent as much of a risk. Also, RG3 has been terribe because of hesitation and lack of pocket awareness. It's not the knee, he was more than a year removed from it.

Less than a year. And he was cleared to play too early. I bet the knee had something to do with it, even if other factors were more significant.

Its football. If you're gonna get hurt, you're gonna get hurt.

RG3 tore up his knee two years ago, and his ankle today without being touched. Henne is ok after getting sacked 10 times today. You get hurt when you get hurt.

Quote:Less than a year. And he was cleared to play too early. I bet the knee had something to do with it, even if other factors were more significant.

Talking about this year. He was healthy this year, and had looked poor. Hence not being named team captain, and the cousins questions.

You almost have to think that if they keep trotting out Henne week after week it's either they're wanting Henne to be tackling dummy until the OL can just their $#!+ together or they're tanking for another early draft pick. Either way it's hard to watch.

Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:Gus has backed himself into a corner by declaring at the beginning of the season that Blake will sit and learn. The play of Henne, and the offense, has blown up which now twists his arm behind his back. But he will continue to stand his ground no matter how much the fans twist his arm.

The only one who can twist his arm enough is the 'Stache.

Regards......................the Cheifjag

I hope Khan has a business talk with him tomorrow. Maybe he'll have Bradley reconsider some things .
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]