Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Locker Room Wants Blake Bortles To Start

Quote:I hope Khan has a business talk with him tomorrow. Maybe he'll have Bradley reconsider some things .

Khan won't abandon his beliefs this soon if ever at all. Gotta count on these schmohawk coaches to do the right thing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/21987...s-to-start

Blake may be playing sooner than later....
Yesss i'm so happy the players want him to start

I know Lewis and Bradfield said they support Henne, but I know guys on the defense do not, and the young WRs dont

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I think it's Jedd's call at this point. He is the OC and works with the QB. If he feels like they'll do better with Bortles, he will use him against the Colts.

Quote:Poz

I can't think of someone more overrated on this terrible defense than Poz. I've seen people say it before, but I never wanted to listen. The dude does not make impact plays. He's around the ball a lot, but never at a time where it's beneficial to negating a big gain. He's always there 5-6 yards after the run, or after the 1st down is made, or what have you. He's not an impactful MLB. 

Mike Peterson was an impactful MLB, look him up if you're not aware of who he is. 

Also, Blake Bortles should be starting immediately. Chad Henne is just wasting more time and money for this team. We actually had hope we would be somewhat decent this year and have given up 77 points in the first 2 games already. So pathetic. Did anyone forget the Redskins had a worse record than we did last year? 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:Khan won't abandon his beliefs this soon if ever at all. Gotta count on these schmohawk coaches to do the right thing.

It doesn't matter what Khan wants. He's the owner, not the coach. The coach/GM make the personnel decisions. 

Quote:He is a good fit for the scheme they ran. After moving to Denver, he got sacked more often and even lost fumbles because the Broncos run a slower offense.

Wait, what? Manning hardly ever gets sacked. What are you watching? 

Quote:Last week against the Eagles, Jonathan Cyprien, our best safety, suffered a concussion. His backups are awful and Kirk Cousins knew that.

Cyprien isn't anything special to begin with. 

Quote:Cant imagine gus making this change so early in the season. After all the talk about how fast chad is playing and how the whole team is rallying behind him & how he gives us the best chance to win right now & how well he has a grasp of the offense & what jed wants ,and how much confidence they have a in him.

If gus pulls chad after week 2 then I'm gonna start thinking that gus was full of s#*t.
Well the we have a better chance to win with Henne should answer your question.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 12:21 AM by Chuckd.)

Quote:He is a good fit for the scheme they ran. After moving to Denver, he got sacked more often and even lost fumbles because the Broncos run a slower offense.

LOL, where do you come up with your ridiculous points?

Manning fumbled TWO TIMES in the first year at Denver.  Some of us actually look up stats.

He's fumbled a total of 7 times in 34 games in Denver, thrown for over 10,000 yards, and 92 TDs.  Hes been sacked a total of 39 times in 34 games.  I'm also guessing a number of those sacks, he just laid down when he knew it was coming.

Got any other brilliant points to make about your in depth knowledge of Peyton Manning and the Denver offensive scheme?  When Manning is your QB, he IS the scheme.  He doesn't even need a coordinator.  That dude has the easiest coaching job in the NFL.

<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:Well the we have a better chance to win with Henne should answer your question.

Anybody that believes an NFL team has a better chance to win with Henne over pretty much any other NFL QB, is lacking in the IQ department. 

He was never going to be an NFL QB. He's a pure backup QB that we're trying to make work for now. The coaches saying what they are saying is just trying to smooth over the fans and keep them from rioting. We need to be marching down to the front office with pitch forks and torches tomorrow AM. Just kidding, but seriously, people that knew anything about Chad Henne never believed a word the coach was saying. It's nothing but smoke. 

I don't think you will see Blake in the home game because Gus sad in his press conference after the game he wants to see Henne work through this! Once again he has committed to Henne without reviewing the game tape. I would like to believe this is growing pains of a new coach but it's becoming a real head scratch-er.

Quote:LOL, where do you come up with your ridiculous points?

Manning fumbled TWO TIMES in the first year at Denver.  Some of us actually look up stats when we try to make a point, you know....using facts?

He's fumbled a total of 7 times in 34 games in Denver, thrown for over 10,000 yards, and 92 TDs.  Hes been sacked a total of 39 times in 34 games.  

Got any other brilliant points to make about your in depth knowledge of Peyton Manning and the Denver offensive scheme?

Yeah, as I said a few posts above, I have no idea where in the hell she came up with that statement. Manning has never been sacked on a regular basis for any offensive line he's ever played for. I didn't even have to look up the stats to know that. 

The sad thing is, if I remember correctly, she's a legit Denver fan too. I hate Denver, but I know Manning rarely gets sacked there, much like Indy. 

To me, the best case for starting Bortles is to let him take his lumps now rather than later.

We suck...we might as well let Bortles learn the game this year, and then hopefully be over the growing pains for next year- when we have magically acquired olinemen that can block and someone that can cover a TE.

Let's see what we got.

I watched all of the Open Locker Room videos (Chad Henne, Zane Beadles, Allen Robinson, Toby Gerhart, Josh Evans, SenDerrick Marks, and Geno Hayes). No players were asked who they think should be the quarterback next week. Beadles said "everybody in the (meeting) room" is to blame for the offensive line problems. Henne said, "We have to look in the mirror," meaning every player must take responsibility for his mistakes. So they know the whole team screwed up and simply changing QBs would not help much.

Quote:To me, the best case for starting Bortles is to let him take his lumps now rather than later.

We suck...we might as well let Bortles learn the game this year, and then hopefully be over the growing pains for next year- when we have magically acquired olinemen that can block and someone that can cover a TE.

Let's see what we got.

Exactly. It'd be completely different if we had a Peyton Manning behind center who was up in age and we had a star backup waiting to take over. 

That is nowhere near the case. Plus if anything preseason could show us, it was Bortles will get out of more sacks than Henne can, so Washington might not have had a franchise record in sacks with Bortles behind center. He definitely looked like he got rid of the ball a lot faster than Henne in preseason, no matter what string it was against. 

Quote:I don't think you will see Blake in the home game because Gus sad in his press conference after the game he wants to see Henne work through this! Once again he has committed to Henne without reviewing the game tape. I would like to believe this is growing pains of a new coach but it's becoming a real head scratch-er.
He was referring to not taking him out the game when he said he wanted to see him work through this

Quote:I watched all of the Open Locker Room videos (Chad Henne, Zane Beadles, Allen Robinson, Toby Gerhart, Josh Evans, SenDerrick Marks, and Geno Hayes). No players were asked who they think should be the quarterback next week. Beadles said "everybody in the (meeting) room" is to blame for the offensive line problems. Henne said, "We have to look in the mirror," meaning every player must take responsibility for his mistakes. So they know the whole team screwed up and simply changing QBs would not help much.

Out of all the people you quoted, only Zane Beadles was on the offensive line, and he got beat worse than anyone apparently. 

Also, sorry to tell you, but I find it hard to believe you're going to watch interviews where the players legit say on camera they're against Henne and for Bortles. I mean if that's not the easiest way to alienate yourself from the rest of the team. 

It doesn't mean they aren't thinking it. 

Quote:I think it's Jedd's call at this point. He is the OC and works with the QB. If he feels like they'll do better with Bortles, he will use him against the Colts.

I always thought the head coach makes that decision. Wasn't Jim Harbaugh the guy who demoted Alex Smith two years ago? Wasn't Jeff Fisher the guy who demoted Vince Young at Tennessee?

Quote:He was referring to not taking him out the game when he said he wanted to see him work through this
Thanks for correcting me it may be a little ray of hope but it is very little.

Quote:I always thought the head coach makes that decision. Wasn't Jim Harbaugh the guy who demoted Alex Smith two years ago? Wasn't Jeff Fisher the guy who demoted Vince Young at Tennessee?

Yeah, this is actually correct. OC has nothing to do with personnel decisions LOL... where in the world would someone come up with that?