Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
State of the fan base

You know just by reading the forum during and after the game. I/we are sick of it. People are telling us the calm down and wait. People have been saying that since after the 2008 season. We've already rebuilt 2 times and have had 3 coaches.

I want a competitive team at the very least. So when we lash out, especially those who spend tones of money on tickets. We deserve to know when we watch or go to the game, we aren't going get blown out every time, and have a reason to cheer for this team we all love and grew up with. It's time to get people/coaches/ players who want to go out there and work hard and rip the heads off the opponents.

I feel no one is being held accountable. I don't expect to win a SB , but we should be scoring points and make the games winnable.

Flame on..
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

People would still be positive if we didnt look so ridiculous the last 6 qtrs

As much as I like Gus, if this is a repeat of 2013 he may get fired.

6 wins is the MININUM for this regime to have us as patient, IMO.

Results. That's all I care about.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:As much as I like Gus, if this is a repeat of 2013 he may get fired.

6 wins is the MININUM for this regime to have us as patient, IMO.

Results. That's all I care about.

Exactly. I don't know how much more of this I can take. I'd get fired at work if I produced like this.

As fans we dont appreciate "efficiency"

If we scored any points the second half last week. If we lost even 41-28 today. At least there would be signs of light and competitiveness. We gave up 75 points in 6 quarters of football. That's just atrocious. Change has to be made. What we're doing just isn't working.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Ticket holder since day 1 and I'm absolutely sick of seeing no improvement.  Just continue to go backwards.  Sick of positions being so thin that if we lose one good player there is no one competent to fill the hole.

Overall, just very tired and over this team not even being competitive.  If the Eagles hadn't handed us the first half there would be no upside to the first two games.  Possibly they prove me wrong and improve during the season but I don't feel the coaches nor the GM are the right choices...again.  Having a defensive minded noob head coach with a horrible OC = what we're seeing right now.

I'm usually a pretty positive person.  But I don't know.  This game was a reality check or something for me.  We've all been patiently waiting for a pretty long time.  And it just doesn't seem to ever get any better.  

Great quote from a Steve Martin movie:

"People keep asking me, when's it gonna rain?  I keep asking--WHEN'S IT GONNA STOP???"

Quote:If we scored any points the second half last week. If we lost even 41-28 today. At least there would be signs of light and competitiveness. We gave up 75 points in 6 quarters of football. That's just atrocious. Change has to be made. What we're doing just isn't working.

To me, the most concerning thing is that this doesn't seem to be a problem in the "details".... Something is drastically wrong...
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

As a fan you deserve a ticket to the game when you buy one. Nothing more. You aren't entitled to winning, progress, or anything else no matter how entitled you might feel.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Not sure what people really expected this year. Calm down. There was the one crazy person guaranteeing 9-7 but that was obviously never going to happen.

I'm happy if the o line improves enough for Bortles to take over partway through the year and he wins a few games. Another top 3 pick and then starting next year there needs to be major improvements.

When the Bills are 2-0 and first in their division.......and the sorry Texans are 2-0......it sucks watching our team look extremely unprepared and it makes no sense to have this horrible guy at QB, collecting a check to do the same crap any one of us could do. LOSE BIG!!!

Didn't expect a winning season either.  Don't think anyone who knows this team thought that.

Competitive?  Yes.  Not continuing to be the laughing stock of the NFL.

A text I sent a friend of mine today.. Pains me to say it,

We suck dude. You know I'm a die hard, but I give up. I spend too much time and money on this crappy team. If they don't improve I'm not renewing my tickets. If it wasn't for seeing my friends I wouldn't bother driving up next Sunday. Colts will destroy us. How can an NFL team be this bad for this long? I quit.

I'm sure I'll get attacked now. Go ahead.

The roster has been turned over. We need two more drafts to build and field a consistently competitive team. It is what it is - a rebuilding process.

Quote:When the Bills are 2-0 and first in their division.......and the sorry Texans are 2-0......it sucks watching our team look extremely unprepared and it makes no sense to have this horrible guy at QB, collecting a check to do the same crap any one of us could do. LOSE BIG!!!

Oh please, you'd take one hit from one of those defenders and you'd retire to the cemetery.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:When the Bills are 2-0 and first in their division.......and the sorry Texans are 2-0......it sucks watching our team look extremely unprepared and it makes no sense to have this horrible guy at QB, collecting a check to do the same crap any one of us could do. LOSE BIG!!!

Isn't that something? They can turn it around after one year? Why do the Jags take 5+ years?

Quote:As a fan you deserve a ticket to the game when you buy one. Nothing more. You aren't entitled to winning, progress, or anything else no matter how entitled you might feel.

Yep.  Spend your hard earned money and sit back and take it.

Do I have it right?

I'm disappointed but I truly think better things will come when Bortles starts.

Quote:Yep.  Spend your hard earned money and sit back and take it.

Do I have it right?

I'm sure that Shad is twisting your arm and all.